Did I hear right?? I was laughing at hearing his name mentioned as I didnt expect him to get a run out and now he's gone and scored 5 minute's in. Smart Volley.

Sounds a good amount of Latics there it sounds for a meaningless friendly.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

JP took his goal very well and almost got a second. He played well and closed down the oppo quickly - IMO he's worth keeping

If JP gets his head sorted and concentrates I still think he could do a job for us

But do we need someone whose major strength is the ability to close down the might of Grimsby's pre-season squad? We have other players who have a bit of bite, but can play football as well.

But do we need someone whose major strength is the ability to close down the might of Grimsby's pre-season squad? We have other players who have a bit of bite, but can play football as well.

Jp can play football, he is the sort of play that closes down the opps midfield and stiffles play - IMO the right sort of player we need when we have holding on for a win away from home.

JP is a good squad player, making the sub bench stronger !

sorry Rich he's gash. Hence the stampede from conference clubs! Still if he can't up his game 50% after being told you can go he never will.

You may prove to be right Lags but I see enough in his play to think he can still do a job for us once he gets his "head" in order and concentrates on being a footballer and not a Social circuit star.

He's strong enough in the tackle and able to lay a short ball off after breaking up play, its when he thinks he can pass over 30 yards that lets him down.

Rich, these 30 yard passes I think you're mistaking his attempts to trap a ball. Gash, utterly gash. Said it his first game and I'll say it now. In fact only one game (where the entire team excelled, being Everton) where JP did well. I fail to see where he breaks up play in games and plays short passes.

Rich, these 30 yard passes I think you're mistaking his attempts to trap a ball. Gash, utterly gash. Said it his first game and I'll say it now. In fact only one game (where the entire team excelled, being Everton) where JP did well. I fail to see where he breaks up play in games and plays short passes.

Think Gash is a bit strong when you describe a professional and international footballer.

He breaks up play by interjecting himself and the opp player and the ball. IMO if it wasnt for his Attitude and off field personality we would have seen more of him last season and he wouldn't have been told he can leave

But thats only my opinion.

And I wouldn't have it any other way, you having your opinion. However, I don't have a problem explaining your wrong!!!!!!

Without googling, name me two more Congo international players? and tell me if their gash?

And I wouldn't have it any other way, you having your opinion. However, I don't have a problem explaining your wrong!!!!!!

Without googling, name me two more Congo international players? and tell me if their gash?

Only know Calvin Zola I'm affraid - But gash is still a bit strong considering they have come into the english game and took a place of another player from the UK.

I dont mind you explaining when I'm wrong thou lags but at the end of the day we can talk for hours and find I was right all along :grin:

One of my fav quotes

“If I had an argument with a player we would sit down for twenty minutes, talk about it and then decide I was right!”
God bless Clough

JP Kalalalala is superb at passing the ball sideways or backwards.

I agree with the statement that he's the kind of player you need to help retain a slender lead away from home.

Most on here will agree that we need a midfielder who can break up play and then link up quickly with the attack (the 'creative' midfielder that every club so wants, and so few have). Kalala ain't that guy.

I also agree that Sheridan is right to let him go (if someone will have him) too.

JP Kalalalala is superb at passing the ball sideways or backwards.

I agree with the statement that he's the kind of player you need to help retain a slender lead away from home.

Most on here will agree that we need a midfielder who can break up play and then link up quickly with the attack (the 'creative' midfielder that every club so wants, and so few have). Kalala ain't that guy.

I also agree that Sheridan is right to let him go (if someone will have him) too.

Spot on. Moves die with JP, he doesn't even see the simple pass along a line that keeps an attack flowing, let alone look to move forward into gaping space or look to make an incisive pass himself.

Spot on. Moves die with JP, he doesn't even see the simple pass along a line that keeps an attack flowing, let alone look to move forward into gaping space or look to make an incisive pass himself.

You are right LL

That is why he plays as a Defensive midfielder rather than a Attacking or creative midfielder :wink:

His job is to take the ball off the oppo, break down play and make the ball run away from the oppo play so another Latic player can take up the 2nd phase ball and make it work for the team .

He doesnt do it to an amazing standard but afterall thats why he is a League one player and not in the Prem or Serie A !! People have to remember that

You are right LL

That is why he plays as a Defensive midfielder rather than a Attacking or creative midfielder :wink:

His job is to take the ball off the oppo, break down play and make the ball run away from the oppo play so another Latic player can take up the 2nd phase ball and make it work for the team .

He doesnt do it to an amazing standard but afterall thats why he is a League one player and not in the Prem or Serie A !! People have to remember that

I don't disagree, and we could have done with a player like that at times in the last few years - the thread about Talbot letting Mini Shez springs to mind. Now though, with good players who are fluid in positions, I almost feel that playing someone so limited in one aspect of his game is as bad as playing someone like JJ. One does zero for your defence, the other buggers up every time you get your foot on the ball and start to play the ball. There aren't that many games that you can afford to carry either in in this day and age, you've got to be very very good at one thing or another to be able to be really gash at another.

Sorry to labour a point but I really cant see where JP even breaks up play!, sure he runs along side the oppo's now and then, but tackle? normally he's headless and runs anywhere, so now and then he's bound to end up where the ball is... as for trap a ball......................... don't even go there. Gash utterly, totally. But he's a Congo International don'tchas know. Same as Zola but no one rates him either apart from someone at Crewe who's about to lose his job on the strength of it.

Didn't he play for Grimsby afew years back, scored a screamer v spurs in the cup. Maybe he likes playing in grimsby, hoping he can impress grimsby and get a move to back to them?

It doesn't say much for Oldham if he's pineing for a move there...

I have been impressed with J.P performances in both the Rhly and Grimsby game. His first season was not the best but nor was Gary Mcdonald, lets not forget Mark Allot won his critics over in the end.

Maybe the importance of being a team player has finally got through to JP.