Match report on Derby website

The guy that wrote that is a moron. He says at the begin Davies passes to O'Grady then says Liddle passes to o'Grady for the goal.

Says Gregan miscontrols it when he deliberatly let it through his legs as he thought it was going to Taylor. Did he watch the game. Sorry to sound petty but come on get the facts right

Before I read any further.......'the boundary stand'?

Think we may being a tad harsh here chaps. Would you know your arse from your elbow if you went to the Basketball Ground or whatever it is now? Apart from bigging the entertainment value up a little bit I thought it was a fairly even handed summary. Baaaaa

Think we may being a tad harsh here chaps. Would you know your arse from your elbow if you went to the Basketball Ground or whatever it is now? Apart from bigging the entertainment value up a little bit I thought it was a fairly even handed summary. Baaaaa

Nope im being totally fair....he's rubbish....shoddy work

The guy that wrote that is a moron. He says at the begin Davies passes to O'Grady then says Liddle passes to o'Grady for the goal.

Says Gregan miscontrols it when he deliberatly let it through his legs as he thought it was going to Taylor. Did he watch the game. Sorry to sound petty but come on get the facts right

Bear in mind that, on another thread, lots of Latics fans are also saying that Gregan slipped. To my mind, as you say, he definitely stepped over the ball on purpose. Obviously different people see different things.......

Bear in mind that, on another thread, lots of Latics fans are also saying that Gregan slipped. To my mind, as you say, he definitely stepped over the ball on purpose. Obviously different people see different things.......

You and daniel8157 are both correct. It was possibly the biggest error of judgement seen at the Chaddy End since big Kevin Francis scored his own goal!

Crossley summed up Gregan at that moment with two words, one beginning with F and one beginning with W. I hope it's taught Greegs a lesson about trying to be too cocky.

You and daniel8157 are both correct. It was possibly the biggest error of judgement seen at the Chaddy End since big Kevin Francis scored his own goal!

Crossley summed up Gregan at that moment with two words, one beginning with F and one beginning with W. I hope it's taught Greegs a lesson about trying to be too cocky.

To be fair i dont think he would have done it in a league but no idea why he tried it last night

i very much doubt it...it'll happen again.

i'm glad it was only a friendly its happened in,because it was just laughable.

but he needs to sort out his blaming game ...took an unnessary pop at stam in second half,which,as i saw it,put him under even more pressure for the rest of the half...yes being under pressure helps players,but its bordering on bullying...we've all seen players at latics who's confidence has shot and that what can happen again.

if this is what he likes to do...bully and create pressure amongst his fellow defenders...why didn't he even have the balls to hold his hands up for the deby goal???

not exactly showing an example is he?

Yeah, nowt wrong with that report. Said it how it was; an entertaining game with both teams going for the win.

And a gold star for using the word "grawling" too.

but he needs to sort out his blaming game ...took an unnessary pop at stam in second half,which,as i saw it,put him under even more pressure for the rest of the half...yes being under pressure helps players,but its bordering on bullying...we've all seen players at latics who's confidence has shot and that what can happen again.

if this is what he likes to do...bully and create pressure amongst his fellow defenders...why didn't he even have the balls to hold his hands up for the deby goal???

I've often cringed at the way Gregan b*llocks other players. Definately from the Bill Urmson school of management.

I agree with most things you said but after the goal he did put his hands up show F*** and say sorry to Crossley

All down to him getting that second too long to himself and an idea in his head. Previous to that he'd just kicked them out of play. Continued to do so after the mistake as well. That shouldn't bother anyone if he's doing that.

Just keep kicking them out of play Greegs. If in doubt and all that...

Derby never looked like scoring (except for the late glaring miss), but that showboating incident cost me bragging rights with my next door neighbours who are Derby fans. :disappointed:

But the draw means we still have bragging rights over the sheep sh*ggers from last time we played them :grin:

Just keep kicking them out of play Greegs. If in doubt and all that...

My head says that this is the correct advice and should be adhered to by all our defenders.

My heart says that it is great when Gregan does something flashy and leaves the opposition striker on his arse looking an idiot. If it costs the odd goal here and there so be it. It's why I watch football.

My head says that this is the correct advice and should be adhered to by all our defenders.

My heart says that it is great when Gregan does something flashy and leaves the opposition striker on his arse looking an idiot. If it costs the odd goal here and there so be it. It's why I watch football.

I know what you're saying - just as long as the odd goal here and there does not prove to be the collapse of the entire season. Showboating can be very entertaining, but it's a dangerous game to play.

Of course. Though it is often only applicable against Bas Savage. Now where is he playing? :grin:

Another of the Chron's many rare examples of getting things wrong tonight. It says:

"Paul Jewell’s men were gifted their goal when Athletic captain Sean Gregan allowed a cross to run through him, expecting ‘keeper Mark Crossley to collect.

Argentinian striker Emanuel Villa was stationed right behind Gregan and controlled easily before slotting in from close range."

It implies a mix-up between Gregan and Crossley. The truth is that as the ball was crossed low it was going straight to Gregan, Villa was stood some distance behind him and Taylor was some distance behind Villa. Crossley was in his goal. Gregan didn't realise Villa was there, as he stepped over it to leave the clearance to Taylor. Nobody was more surprised than Villa to find the ball at his feet, so he stuck it in the net past Crossley.