the drum

We've only played twice at home but from what i've seen he moved a couple of times vs Millwall, and was in a slightly different position yesterday, however I can helpfully offer that whilst I'm not opposed to the drum, if he comes and sits in the middle I'm sure given the calibre of fan that sits in that area, I can confidently predict by the end of the game he'll be wearing a fetching drum-shaped necklace!

In the original incident that caused the first fuss on these boards, LDB had following a guy round the Chaddy End because he had asked him to move away from his and his family's seats and had been drumming into his ear to mock him, before his father filed a false allegation of assault. Despite lies told to the contrary.

In the original incident that caused the first fuss on these boards, LDB had following a guy round the Chaddy End because he had asked him to move away from his and his family's seats and had been drumming into his ear to mock him, before his father filed a false allegation of assault. Despite lies told to the contrary.

wondered when you and that story would raise appear :grin:

Just got City on now, and if you look at the away end the fans are seperated by a line of stewards, and thats it, no rows of empty seats or netting etc.

i can understand the frustration of home fans however the segregation by stewards at the city of manchester stadium is done by an outside organisation, if this was the case at bp the cost would no doubt have to be met from sonewhere the club is trying to keep costs down for fans..... It is at the moment a learning curve for stewards . police and fans if we work together instead of against one and other we may be able to reach an understading lets enjoy what is looking to be the most memorable season for years and keep bums on seats

to be honest and i make no disrespect to the drummer in any way shape or form but from what i have seen so far we dont need it, i have moved to the RRE this year and sit in the section next to where the drummer is and the singers do a fine job without it.

for those that are interested in the drum, for you guys it might be worth making a comparison and let the drummer have a week off and see if it makes a difference to you all, as i guess that some of you think it helps with the singing/chanting etc.

but i feel all in all the drum is not needed as we surviced without before.

Guest oa_exile
i can understand the frustration of home fans however the segregation by stewards at the city of manchester stadium is done by an outside organisation, if this was the case at bp the cost would no doubt have to be met from sonewhere the club is trying to keep costs down for fans..... It is at the moment a learning curve for stewards . police and fans if we work together instead of against one and other we may be able to reach an understading lets enjoy what is looking to be the most memorable season for years and keep bums on seats

Are you the Steward who I was chatting to at HT in the RRE ? I am the same person who used to sit in the Lookers paddock.

A week off? I am hoping it never returns. As you quite rightly state it made not one jot of differance Saturday once it had gone. Which proves the argument for, it helps the singing is rubbish. The best atmosphere in recent times created at a Latics match was at Swindon (mentioned many times by those that were there...including Swindon fans there that day!) oddly not a drum in sight and more oddly not everyone stood up the entire time. It was created by the vast majorirty in unison singing loudly and proudly. The song contained no swear words which made it acceptable to all there to sing. It was a sustained effort throughout the entire 2nd half. The Swindon crowd on two occasions tried to start up in an attempt to drown out and take over the noise, but to no avail and instead shut up and watch in ewe at something they'd not witnessed before. Now I say to the guys who are having this running battle with the Stewards.. recreate this at BP and I'll guarantee you'll want it every week and you'll walk out the ground buzzing and the players will be given 10% more on the pitch. Gauntlet down brothers!

Edited by Lags

Josh posted 11th may

me and the drum will be at the back of the rre smile.gif sorry to cause any problems lol

Post taken from .... http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...=drum&st=20

notice he said back.

Club announcement ... 13th May

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1311858,00.html

(Museum de Latique @ Jun 1 2008, 19:13 PM) *

On Friday I was talking to a 8 year Ford Stand season ticket holder who had just returned from the club having got a refund on their season ticket.

The ticket was bought as soon as they went on sale and the position of the drum was a major factor into purchasing a ST in the RRE - especially Mr Sweatman originall stated on these boards that he was to stay in the Chaddy End.

AH has assured them that the drummer will have to be in the closest block to the away fans (I) and if there are complaints that he will have to re-locate back to the chaddy end.

I know this was only one complaint (but not the only one) , but it was clear to all that he would be likely to be told to stop and / or moved.

let him stand on the halfway line where the lookers used to be.....everyone willhear him but it wont be done there ear all the game...he could even start something off with first the chaddy then turn to the rre.....

Couldn't agree more Ed the idea that he gets his own stand would be an instant hit and in a very short time would result in it being put away as he'd no longer be getting the attention he so craves. Shame it's coming to this 'cause if done correctly can be soooo effective but seems attention is his real desire and anything else secondary. Second half performance of the "Rocky Choir" was on a par with the "choir" at Leeds the week before. The common denominator ????? NO DRUM. I rest my case m'lurd :OWTB1:

Couldn't agree more Ed the idea that he gets his own stand would be an instant hit and in a very short time would result in it being put away as he'd no longer be getting the attention he so craves. Shame it's coming to this 'cause if done correctly can be soooo effective but seems attention is his real desire and anything else secondary. Second half performance of the "Rocky Choir" was on a par with the "choir" at Leeds the week before. The common denominator ????? NO DRUM. I rest my case m'lurd :OWTB1:

No, he should be in the RRE. I'm still collecting egg boxes and bits of old carpet to insulate one of the police holding cells for him.

The singing was better in the second half when the drum went, no question. The Chaddy was quiet, and needs rousing (perhaps the top-of-the-table excitement is too much for them). Who better than LDB to go and give much-needed fresh vigour to a flagging section of the crowd?

Most of the stewards are hired from an outside organization alongside those who work at every BP match.