the drum

a steward came over to josh saying he has to go and sit in the middle of the rocky road end then another stewrad came over and said he is ok to stay where he was, then another steward said he had to go in the middle or the drum wil be taken off him till end of the game.

they never gave a reason they just said that they have been told he has to move.

a steward came over to josh saying he has to go and sit in the middle of the rocky road end then another stewrad came over and said he is ok to stay where he was, then another steward said he had to go in the middle or the drum wil be taken off him till end of the game.

they never gave a reason they just said that they have been told he has to move.

Seems to me that everyone who has a complaint about the stewards, must either ring in or send emails to AH to complain bitterly about their behaviour. They have clearly been told by their boss to clamp down, and are overstepping the mark. I guess this is what happens when you get a few jumped up people with no kind of common sense. The blame has to lie with the chief steward, or manager. He should be dragged into the club to explain why so many complaints are being made.

Many Premiership grounds have home and away fans sitting in the same stand, with just netting over a few seats. Never seems to be any trouble.

The Stewards and Police are a pis* take.

Josh does a great job with the drum. I know some people dont like it but it does help with the atmosphere.

Anyway i thought all the moaners were moving to the chaddy so we can bang the drum, stand up and chant all game???

Guest oa_exile

Josh does a great job with the drum. I know some people dont like it but it does help with the atmosphere.

Anyway i thought all the moaners were moving to the chaddy so we can bang the drum, stand up and chant all game???

Are you his agent by any chance ?

Seems to me that everyone who has a complaint about the stewards, must either ring in or send emails to AH to complain bitterly about their behaviour. They have clearly been told by their boss to clamp down, and are overstepping the mark. I guess this is what happens when you get a few jumped up people with no kind of common sense. The blame has to lie with the chief steward, or manager. He should be dragged into the club to explain why so many complaints are being made.

Many Premiership grounds have home and away fans sitting in the same stand, with just netting over a few seats. Never seems to be any trouble.

Just got City on now, and if you look at the away end the fans are seperated by a line of stewards, and thats it, no rows of empty seats or netting etc.

I hate the drum...most of you know that...

That said I choose to sit where I did on Saturday with the singers/stander/wankers/dickheads (whatever you want to call us) and I started to change my mind about it has he was doing a really good job. I have no doubt why they asked him to move and its got nothing to do with complaints. No doubt they felt it was encouraging the standing but no steward wanted to comment on it and just said I have no idea why....

or why didn't Josh stay were he was ???? in the Chaddy

Most bought ST's in the RRE long before he announced he was going to move. Many have posted / debated on here that the reason they went for the RRE was because the drum was in the Chaddy. AH as a result of this requestd Josh to contact him on the OB so he could confirm were he was infact sitting.

It seems most who enjoyed the lookers for the singing, the fact the drum was in the Chaddy was a big factor in this. They moved to the RRE when the stand came down and have been very vocal on this forum closed season that they are not happy its in the RRE.

People sat in the Chaddy because the liked the drum and knew it was always there.... how do they feel now its gone and they have a ST in the Chaddy???

What happen Sat could not have been a surprise to anyone, Josh knew it was more than likely that it would be removed as the warning signs have been there for months.

or why didn't Josh stay were he was ???? in the Chaddy

Most bought ST's in the RRE long before he announced he was going to move. Many have posted / debated on here that the reason they went for the RRE was because the drum was in the Chaddy. AH as a result of this requestd Josh to contact him on the OB so he could confirm were he was infact sitting.

It seems most who enjoyed the lookers for the singing, the fact the drum was in the Chaddy was a big factor in this. They moved to the RRE when the stand came down and have been very vocal on this forum closed season that they are not happy its in the RRE.

People sat in the Chaddy because the liked the drum and knew it was always there.... how do they feel now its gone and they have a ST in the Chaddy???

What happen Sat could not have been a surprise to anyone, Josh knew it was more than likely that it would be removed as the warning signs have been there for months.

Didnt the club ask him to go in the RRE??

Also everyone around the drummer and in front of the drummer seemed fine with the drum ?? I didnt see anyone complaining ? Unlike when it was in the chaddy and there seemed to be weekly issues... The drum is only a problem if you sit in front of it...and thats from personal experience of sitting in front and behind it...

Edited by oafc0000

Didnt the club ask him to go in the RRE??

Also everyone around the drummer and in front of the drummer seemed fine with the drum ?? I didnt see anyone complaining ? Unlike when it was in the chaddy and there seemed to be weekly issues... The drum is only a problem if you sit in front of it...and thats from personal experience of sitting in front and behind it...

The club didn't know he was moving until he posted on here and it all went off about it. I suspect the club may have wanted him to stay were he was, unfortunately I can see that his days of drumming at BP may be coming to a close if (much like my suggestion on other posts) an agreement can't be reached as to exactely were he his to sit.... the only place I can see the fans, club, stewards, Police being happy with is the Lookers side of the RRE.

There are to many ST holders him being sat to could be upset, fans who have had a ST for years. The Club doesn't want to loose these fans as much as they want to loose Josh ans his mates who are the future long term ST holders.

(

All the singers / drum stand and sing their hearts out in this area, fans who want to sit and sing (with the occasional standing for corner, goals and Gregan kicking the oppo striker into the stand) / watch the game stay in the middle.

I know you have said part of the enjoyment for you is to goad the oppo .... well the way its going with the stewards / police that not going to really happen anyway and I am guessing by your reply to Rocky you wasn't in the Paddock previously next to the away fans so you have coped before.

The club didn't know he was moving until he posted on here and it all went off about it. I suspect the club may have wanted him to stay were he was, unfortunately I can see that his days of drumming at BP may be coming to a close if (much like my suggestion on other posts) an agreement can't be reached as to exactely were he his to sit.... the only place I can see the fans, club, stewards, Police being happy with is the Lookers side of the RRE.

There are to many ST holders him being sat to could be upset, fans who have had a ST for years. The Club doesn't want to loose these fans as much as they want to loose Josh ans his mates who are the future long term ST holders.

(

All the singers / drum stand and sing their hearts out in this area, fans who want to sit and sing (with the occasional standing for corner, goals and Gregan kicking the oppo striker into the stand) / watch the game stay in the middle.

I know you have said part of the enjoyment for you is to goad the oppo .... well the way its going with the stewards / police that not going to really happen anyway and I am guessing by your reply to Rocky you wasn't in the Paddock previously next to the away fans so you have coped before.

We've only played twice at home but from what i've seen he moved a couple of times vs Millwall, and was in a slightly different position yesterday, however I can helpfully offer that whilst I'm not opposed to the drum, if he comes and sits in the middle I'm sure given the calibre of fan that sits in that area, I can confidently predict by the end of the game he'll be wearing a fetching drum-shaped necklace!

Edited by oafcprozac

(

Hang on... The first I heard about it all was when the club annouced it on the offical site and no on here.... It went off on here after the annoucement... At least thats my memory...

Secondly... If im in ear shot of the away fans they will get a mouthful... When I was in the chaddy I used to sing songs to the away fans..although apparently they couldnt hear me... Seeing as everyone who sings and gets into the game has moved to the rochdale road end do you really think its a solution that will make me happy to move back to the chaddy on my own ??

We've only played twice at home but from what i've seen he moved a couple of times vs Millwall, and was in a slightly different position yesterday, however I can helpfully offer that whilst I'm not opposed to the drum, if he comes and sits in the middle I'm sure by the end of the game he'll be wearing a fetching drum-shaped necklace.

I understand your feelings as I felt the same last year but at the same time...you know where he sits...and he hasnt moved...so he is easily avoided and I really cant work out why he was asked to move (although I can make a really good guess) when everyone around him seemed happy... Why move him to another possible postion of issues?? Possibly next to prozac who clearly wouldnt be happy.... I most of missed everyone complaining :blink:

I understand your feelings as I felt the same last year but at the same time...you know where he sits...and he hasnt moved...so he is easily avoided and I really cant work out why he was asked to move (although I can make a really good guess) when everyone around him seemed happy... Why move him to another possible postion of issues?? Possibly next to prozac who clearly wouldnt be happy.... I most of missed everyone complaining :blink:

Wouldn't only be me not happy, it would be my father, my son, my nephew and my mate as well as the most outspoken critic of the drum on here who sits quite close. I can tell you now there's no way he'll move into the middle. For long anyway.................

Josh posted 11th may

me and the drum will be at the back of the rre smile.gif sorry to cause any problems lol

Post taken from .... http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...=drum&st=20

notice he said back.

Club announcement ... 13th May

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1311858,00.html

(Museum de Latique @ Jun 1 2008, 19:13 PM) *

On Friday I was talking to a 8 year Ford Stand season ticket holder who had just returned from the club having got a refund on their season ticket.

The ticket was bought as soon as they went on sale and the position of the drum was a major factor into purchasing a ST in the RRE - especially Mr Sweatman originall stated on these boards that he was to stay in the Chaddy End.

AH has assured them that the drummer will have to be in the closest block to the away fans (I) and if there are complaints that he will have to re-locate back to the chaddy end.

I know this was only one complaint (but not the only one) , but it was clear to all that he would be likely to be told to stop and / or moved.

Josh posted 11th may

me and the drum will be at the back of the rre smile.gif sorry to cause any problems lol

Post taken from .... http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...=drum&st=20

notice he said back.

Club announcement ... 13th May

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1311858,00.html

(Museum de Latique @ Jun 1 2008, 19:13 PM) *

On Friday I was talking to a 8 year Ford Stand season ticket holder who had just returned from the club having got a refund on their season ticket.

The ticket was bought as soon as they went on sale and the position of the drum was a major factor into purchasing a ST in the RRE - especially Mr Sweatman originall stated on these boards that he was to stay in the Chaddy End.

AH has assured them that the drummer will have to be in the closest block to the away fans (I) and if there are complaints that he will have to re-locate back to the chaddy end.

I know this was only one complaint (but not the only one) , but it was clear to all that he would be likely to be told to stop and / or moved.

Fair enough.... Havent read the links but I dont doubt your right in that case... Was only going off my own memory, nothing more...

Regarding the drum being moved / complaints.... Its a new stand...we all know where he is and im 100% the club would move anyone that finds themselves near to the drum / us idiots... its not like thats been my seat for "20 years" stands up is it...

Im sorry but some of are "better class" of fans are being akward as hell....

Fair enough.... Havent read the links but I dont doubt your right in that case... Was only going off my own memory, nothing more...

Regarding the drum being moved / complaints.... Its a new stand...we all know where he is and im 100% the club would move anyone that finds themselves near to the drum / us idiots... its not like thats been my seat for "20 years" stands up is it...

Im sorry but some of are "better class" of fans are being akward as hell....

No worries, type drum in search and you get pages and pages of debate about this bloody thing.

Well I sit near him (unfortunately) and he is a :censored:ing nuisance with his crappy drumming.

Let it also be noted that against Millwall it seemed that he was quite confrontational with the stewards in my opinion. They had a tough enough job with the over exuberance of both sets of fans on the day without the added problem of LDB continually being told to sit down (seemingly) and stop antagonising the already quite firey Londoners.

Despite the fact that if you like how the stewards go about things or not, they are there to enforce the ground regulations to which we are bound to able us to hold the licence to have supporters in the stands.

End of story.

Should the drum return I hope he goes and sits with Prozac. The drum shaped necklace creation could be quite amusing :wink: .

KtF,

Derek.

Well I sit near him (unfortunately) and he is a :censored:ing nuisance with his crappy drumming.

Let it also be noted that against Millwall it seemed that he was quite confrontational with the stewards in my opinion. They had a tough enough job with the over exuberance of both sets of fans on the day without the added problem of LDB continually being told to sit down (seemingly) and stop antagonising the already quite firey Londoners.

Despite the fact that if you like how the stewards go about things or not, they are there to enforce the ground regulations to which we are bound to able us to hold the licence to have supporters in the stands.

End of story.

Should the drum return I hope he goes and sits with Prozac. The drum shaped necklace creation could be quite amusing :wink: .

KtF,

Derek.

Agree, :censored:in annoying to sit near some cock banging away on his drum!

Hang the bastard!!

Iv got a feeling that the overhanded stewarding has come from higher powers than just the stewards themselves during the millwall game and after on the website their were announcements that people must sit down blah blah blah...... All this has come from the Millwall game and with a bit of luck as the season goes on the stewards heavy handedness will die down as they see Millwall isnt a regular occurence... BUT what dosent help is when cocky a** holes like the ones i was privelledged to stand behind in the q for the rochdale tickets bragging about how they are gunna kick off after the match and do this and that to the millwall fans thankfully the same person was booted out of the ground less than 10-15 mins in, think what we all have to remember is that their are a minority of tics fans like this who need heavy handedness and spoil it for the rest of us, the club will want this nipping in the bud which they are now trying to force early on. Unfortunatley because of the new seatin arrangemen. Otherwise they will carry on spending more on policing and stewarding which is a cost the club could do without!!