RRE Atmosphere

:grin:

Like said above this competition between the Chaddy and RRE is silly. My dad sits in the main stand and he said how much better it is that the lads are shooting to both ends, with Latics fans in wholl sing. Ive often thought thats one thing wrong with BP that often wed shoot to an empty RRE. Seems to be working anyway.

why dont we stop all this crap of who sings the loudest and who doesnt and who can or cannot be heard.....someone post a poll up,should there be a singing section in the rochdale road end,and if so would you join it....... or something like that

no disrespect diego mate but the chaddy is on its knees,yes its heaped in tradition and history and all that,but its had its last hoorah.....cant wait for when it gets flattened and rebuilt.

why dont we stop all this crap of who sings the loudest and who doesnt and who can or cannot be heard.....

Agreed - I'm with you so far...

no disrespect diego mate but the chaddy is on its knees,yes its heaped in tradition and history and all that,but its had its last hoorah.....

...then you have to go and put the boot in! Stop worrying about the Chaddy. We're happy, the players are happy, the management are happy with the Chaddy. Leave us alone!

.....cant wait for when it gets flattened and rebuilt.

Why? Ae you itching to come and join us then?

Agreed - I'm with you so far...

...then you have to go and put the boot in! Stop worrying about the Chaddy. We're happy, the players are happy, the management are happy with the Chaddy. Leave us alone!

Why? Ae you itching to come and join us then?

i have sat in the chaddy end all my footballing life,since i was 5 years old.....i can only attend limited games this season due to lack of employment and funds......

i have had some fantastic times over the years in the chaddy end,either behind the goal,to one side or the other,near the back and so on......but the time has come for a change, and dodging the pillars to get a decent view doesnt do it anymore.......the season we got promoted when they took the roof off was the time they should of put a cantilever roof on it and made an un-obstructed view,but they didnt.......

its just my opinion of it,you have to move forward to progress.

In a way it's a shame that so many of the Chaddy End singers appear to have decided to come over to the RRE. I don't know whether it's the chance to goad away fans, the twenty quid saving (for ST holders ... show an Oldhamer twenty quid and he soon forgets about tradition... :laught16: ) or what, but I was hoping we might be able to create two home ends with a decent level of noise from both.

Edited by garcon

i have sat in the chaddy end all my footballing life,since i was 5 years old.....i can only attend limited games this season due to lack of employment and funds......

i have had some fantastic times over the years in the chaddy end,either behind the goal,to one side or the other,near the back and so on......but the time has come for a change, and dodging the pillars to get a decent view doesnt do it anymore.......the season we got promoted when they took the roof off was the time they should of put a cantilever roof on it and made an un-obstructed view,but they didnt.......

its just my opinion of it,you have to move forward to progress.

That all sounds very reasonable compared to your original post.

In the meantime some of us are happy as pigs in muck in the Chaddy, and the players are benefitting from happy fans at both ends. Long may it continue, until redevelopment takes place.

On the subject of atmosphere...

It amazes how everyone agrees that the atmopshere has been rocking in the rocky yet people are calling the choir "muppets" ??

These are the people who are mostly creating the atmosphere and doing the singing... People have said they should tone it down... You know what that will give you... The normal atmosphere we get at Boundary Park...

So many mixed messages on what people want...

It would be nice if some of those singing in the RRE concentrated on creating the kind of atmosphere that lifts the team, and even watched the game a bit. Instead, they seem content to spend the whole time baiting the stewards and away fans.

I'm all for a bit of banter with the aways, and I have no problem with fans standing to support the team as long as it isn't the entire game.

I still think things will settle down a little over time, and hopefully we'll have a sizeable singing support in both the RRE and the Chaddy. But if the real 'muppets' are intent on creating a big issue out of it all and playing the victim when they're the ones at fault, then I'm afraid there will be more wingeing to come...

It would be nice if some of those singing in the RRE concentrated on creating the kind of atmosphere that lifts the team, and even watched the game a bit. Instead, they seem content to spend the whole time baiting the stewards and away fans.

Yeah I must admit the team and manager have been really disapinted recently with the sort of support the lads have been getting..... :blink:

Im telling you now... Its either going to be like it is at the moment or the atmosphere will return to how its always been... Dreadful....

Thats the real choice here...

I really am trying to choose my words carefully so that they're easy to understand, but it's obviously not working.

ON THE WHOLE the atmosphere in terms of singing and supporting the team has been superb for both home games, and long may it continue. And I wouldn't describe the majority of those creating that atmosphere as 'muppets'.

However, on Saturday there were pockets here and there in the RRE block nearest the away fans, mostly 15 year olds trying to be hard dressed in their usual hooligan uniform (the ones who think they're the new 'generation' of FYC), who SPENT THE WHOLE GAME either chanting at the away fans or creating confrontations with stewards. I barely saw them turn to watch the game, let alone join in the songs supporting the team.

THEY are the muppets I'm talking about. One day they might grow up, but in the meantime they are a pathetic sight.

Some seem to be arguing that if these muppets are made to behave themselves we'll somehow end up with no atmosphere. Absolute bollocks.

Edited by garcon

I really am trying to choose my words carefully so that they're easy to understand, but it's obviously not working.

ON THE WHOLE the atmosphere in terms of singing and supporting the team has been superb for both home games, and long may it continue. And I wouldn't describe the majority of those creating that atmosphere as 'muppets'.

However, on Saturday there were pockets here and there in the RRE block nearest the away fans, mostly 15 year olds trying to be hard dressed in their usual hooligan uniform (the ones who think they're the new 'generation' of FYC), who SPENT THE WHOLE GAME either chanting at the away fans or creating confrontations with stewards. I barely saw them turn to watch the game, let alone join in the songs supporting the team.

THEY are the muppets I'm talking about. One day they might grow up, but in the meantime they are a pathetic sight.

Some seem to be arguing that if these muppets are made to behave themselves we'll somehow end up with no atmosphere. Absolute bollocks.

So you only have a issue with the bunch down the front... I think I know who you mean and not the main bulk of people sat/stood near the away fans?

So you only have a issue with the bunch down the front... I think I know who you mean and not the main bulk of people sat/stood near the away fans?

Correct. (Not the fight bit.... :laught16: )

The majority are fine, but they will have to learn to accept that they're not going to be able to stand for the whole game. As mentioned elsewhere, it's this PERSISTANT standing that gets the club into trouble. I know for a good number of the fans in that block they're only really stood up because those in front are. They're happy to stand I'm sure, but if those in front of them sat down they probably would too. Yes they'd all stand up again if something exciting is happening on the pitch, but that has always happened and is not the issue.

If the stewards deal with the handful of muppets (and sadly that seems to include the drummer too, but I don't want to drag another thread into that debate... :blink: ) then I think the rest will sort itself out.

For our group, we're in the block just to the right of the goal. If it works out that the main singers stay in the block next to the away fans we'll have the best of both worlds.... right next to the atmosphere and able to join in when we want, but not having the ball ache of people standing in front of us for half the match.

Edited by garcon

Correct. (Not the fight bit.... :laught16: )

The majority are fine, but they will have to learn to accept that they're not going to be able to stand for the whole game. As mentioned elsewhere, it's this PERSISTANT standing that gets the club into trouble. I know for a good number of the fans in that block they're only really stood up because those in front are. They're happy to stand I'm sure, but if those in front of them sat down they probably would too. Yes they'd all stand up again if something exciting is happening on the pitch, but that has always happened and is not the issue.

If the stewards deal with the handful of muppets (and sadly that seems to include the drummer too, but I don't want to drag another thread into that debate... :blink: ) then I think the rest will sort itself out.

For our group, we're in the block just to the right of the goal. If it works out that the main singers stay in the block next to the away fans we'll have the best of both worlds.... right next to the atmosphere and able to join in when we want, but not having the ball ache of people standing in front of us for half the match.

I cant defend that section of fans... They are just looking for trouble... The ones further up just want to get behind the lads... Usally end up standing because of them at the front...

Begs the question why the hell the stewards are asking are section to sit down when the root problem is that group at the front... If they sort that the ones further back will stand and sit with the flow of the game... I grantee it... Its when they come up and ask us to sit and look at the backs of peoples heads is when I say hell no...

I cant defend that section of fans... They are just looking for trouble... The ones further up just want to get behind the lads... Usally end up standing because of them at the front...

Begs the question why the hell the stewards are asking are section to sit down when the root problem is that group at the front... If they sort that the ones further back will stand and sit with the flow of the game... I grantee it... Its when they come up and ask us to sit and look at the backs of peoples heads is when I say hell no...

I can definitely sympathise with that. I know some stewards are ok, but they really need a supervisor to teach them a bit about crowd control... all they need to do is deal with those kids at the front and then work upwards. I too would refuse to sit down if it meant looking at nothing but somebody's back.

In a way it's a shame that so many of the Chaddy End singers appear to have decided to come over to the RRE. I don't know whether it's the chance to goad away fans, the twenty quid saving (for ST holders ... show an Oldhamer twenty quid and he soon forgets about tradition... :laught16: ) or what, but I was hoping we might be able to create two home ends with a decent level of noise from both.

Thats what I'm hoping for ... I'm sure the balance between both ends will come eventually.

I can definitely sympathise with that. I know some stewards are ok, but they really need a supervisor to teach them a bit about crowd control... all they need to do is deal with those kids at the front and then work upwards. I too would refuse to sit down if it meant looking at nothing but somebody's back.

....and this is exactly were some of the trouble is coming from. A lot of the people the stewards are laying into are refusing to sit as they can't see, they aren't being rude / threatening and are simple asking question, getting rude answers. It seems they target ones who won't argue with them and leave the ones they think will

Does this mean they are going for the easy option or simpy do not have the fight to take on the difficult ones.......... maybe they do not have the ability to distingush between the 'make up' in the RRE and maybe training will help.

It's not just them though, like LL mentioned about the situation a Leeds. They straight away targetted one of the more vocal groups at the game, they eventually realised we were not trouble (although they didn't like my Nurenburg ralley cries of zigga zagga)............ the authorities have this stone age misconception that vocal supporters = trouble.