The official Neal Eardley is below average thread

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, im the resident idiot around here I think he is good :D

Surprise surprise I disagree .. there's a lot worse than you bud and ... shock I likes Eardley a lot to.

Can't believe Wenks as managed to add 20+ post with this topic alone, a young Diego in training.

P.S although I NOT agreeing that your an idiot .... just leave Mark ... just leave it :wink:

BUT... as I have said many times before, decent right-backs are easily available, and at this level are easily replaceable... my comment is this... after a certain TTA members statement on monday... Simon Corney holds a gun against your head and says we have to sell someone tomorrow... and you have to pick... who do you go for...???

Chris Taylor (for £750k)

Lee Hughes (for £750k)

Deane Smalley (£500k)

Neal Eardley (£1.5m)

Just out of interest, how on earth do you come to those valuations? Nearly spilt me tea laughing at that.

Forgetting those valuations, if bids were to come in for a few of our key players that met TTA's valuations, I do agree that Eardley is probably the one we could most easily replace. That isn't to say I don't rate him, just that attacking midfielders and strikers like Taylor and Hughes would be much harder to replace with equivalent quality.

Forgetting those valuations, if bids were to come in for a few of our key players that met TTA's valuations, I do agree that Eardley is probably the one we could most easily replace. That isn't to say I don't rate him, just that attacking midfielders and strikers like Taylor and Hughes would be much harder to replace with equivalent quality.

Exactly, the valuations are irrelevant, we all knwo we will probably get screwed no matter what we think, I just think if we have to sell someone, then he would be the firt person i'd throw overboard...

No offence Neal. like.... but as Garcon says - he is the most easily replaceable....

I'll agree right backs are easier to replace than left backs, but we seemed to have struggled with the left back more so than any other position. So maybe it's not so cut and dried.

:idea:

Lomax to right back... Lee to left back.... Blacky & Hazell as cover... B)

Sounds easy... and an option i'd hope Shez may try to keep Neal on his toes when Lee is fully fit....

Edited by BigfinLatic

:idea:

Lomax to right back... Lee to left back.... Blacky & Hazell as cover... B)

Sounds easy... and an option i'd hope Shez may try to keep Neal on his toes when Lee is fully fit....

...and he still likes the idea of Taylor having the odd game in this position ie Dale

the problem with some of you lot is your too fickle , one week you love the player and the next your out for his blood , every player has his bad day even the best so stop having ago at eards get behind the lad and the team who needs your support.

Eardley was poor last night. First half in particular we got done down the flanks with ease. He kept doing aimless punts upfield and didnt impress in the slightest.

He has had a very poor start to the season, as i've already stated before now in recent weeks after leeds. Dont see why people at the beginning of this had a go at the thread starter. Hopefully it'll improve but he's certainly been the main weak link for me so far this season.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I Agree With Wenks Someone With One Leg Cuda Put A Better Ball In The Box Than That Prick

I'd wager you're a football pro then? Tell yer what, go and cool off and think hard - because if that's the best you can do, then I'm going to do the rest of the mod team a favour right now.

I think some people forget the Eardley is still only 19. Yes he is inconsistant at times but all young players are. Eardley will go on to play at a higher level, hopefully with us. He is definately good enough to play in the championship and if he plays alongside better players then who knows he might go on to play in the premiership. He is 19 has played about 80 league games and if you include cup games he will be almost at 100 first team games, thats not bad for a teenager. Add to that he has played several times for his country. Give the lad a break, yes he makes mistakes but everyone does - even Hughes, Taylor and Hazel - and if you look at him after he's put a bad cross in no-one is more frustrated about it than him. He is 19 years old, he will carry on improving and he will get more consistant

Edited by Gemma06

I think some people forget the Eardley is still only 19. Yes he is inconsistant at times but all young players are. Eardley will go on to play at a higher level, hopefully with us. He is definately good enough to play in the championship and if he plays alongside better players then who knows he might go on to play in the premiership. He is 19 has played about 80 league games and if you include cup games he will be almost at 100 first team games, thats not bad for a teenager. Add to that he has played several times for his country. Give the lad a break, yes he makes mistakes but everyone does - even Hughes, Taylor and Hazel - and if you look at him after he's put a bad cross in no-one is more frustrated about it than him. He is 19 years old, he will carry on improving and he will get more consistant

Too right he's arguably already achieved more than his "less talented" doubters and has the potential to go and achieve much more than some of our doubting thomas'.

But surely if he's played almost 100 first team games, and played international football, then he should at least have mastered the basics, ie keeping in position or passing to a teammate? He will get better, but at the moment I feel he's a liability and i'd feel more comfortable if we was on the bench.

But surely if he's played almost 100 first team games, and played international football, then he should at least have mastered the basics, ie keeping in position or passing to a teammate? He will get better, but at the moment I feel he's a liability and i'd feel more comfortable if we was on the bench.

He does keep in position most of the time but sometimes he does have to cover for other players and if he does get dragged out of position then it is up to others to cover for him. He does lump the ball upfield sometimes when perhaps there are better options but can you name one player that never does that? He does sometimes have to hoof it upfield because there is no-one available for a pass or because he gets the ball played to him when there are opposition players all round him or is that his fault to? He's not perfect, far from it, but he certainly isnt a liability. If he's on the bench then who plays right back, Lomax? that leaves us with Taylor at left back, and Lomax isn't perfect himself he does make mistakes, just as many as Eardley in fact. Or Hazell at right back? no chance he is a centre half and thats it. Perhaps we should try supporting him, you know like everyone does with Hughes, even when he makes mistakes everyone is still shouting Hughsey, whats the difference?

Not necessarily.

Mastering the basics results in Paul Scholes.....

Edited by Stitch_KTF