OWTB rules and guidelines

Members Should...

Think before they post and accept the responsibility for the results of their posts.

Refrain from using foul language

Err on the side of kindness when reading others' posts, and refrain from accusing them of flaming, etc., just because they don't like them or their opinions. If members can't tell the intent of a post, they also have a responsibility to civilly ask the poster what their intent was, and then, if still unsure, ask mods/admins for their opinion.

Express themselves without violating others' rights, including refraining from intimidating, insulting, baiting or trolling other posters. Members have a right to their opinions, but that doesn't mean that others are prohibited from disagreeing politely, even persistently, as long as criticisms are focused on the ideas being expressed rather than on the people expressing them.

Please refrain from using TXT speak in the forums. However it is allowed in the chatroom due to the nature of the live chatroom environment,

Please use only one signature picture per user. Staff will remove any oversized signatures that do not fit within the site format.

Please refrain from using Watermarked images in any capacity.

________________________________________________________________________________

Unfortunately this site as seen an sharp increase in swearing, personal attacks and general poor behaviour of some members

has been ruining the enjoyment of this site for many of it's members.

Therefore there is a real need to remind some members of our strict guidelines (to which you agreed to by signing up to this site) and to also remind everyone that asthe Offical Oldham Athletic Fans forum this site is viewed by all ages.

At the moment this is just a friendly reminder to the members of this board, one to which I expect members to take note of and act accordingly to as. I hope that no further reminders or warners need to be issued.

KTF

Mark

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile

About time something was officially posted ! , if this carries on i can see this MB going on a downward spiral which i have noticed is already happening.

Some of the members of the site need to get a grip to be honest.

I for one am getting a bit naffed of with it <_<

About time something was officially posted ! , if this carries on i can see this MB going on a downward spiral which i have noticed is already happening.

Some of the members of the site need to get a grip to be honest.

I for one am getting a bit naffed of with it <_<

naffed off with???

swearing???

opinions???

Guest sheridans_world
naffed off with???

swearing???

opinions???

If Andy has a problem, he should come to a member of staff.

im currently stood up, ner ner ne ner nerrrr

i also thought swearing was allowed now?

I'll let you stand for now mate!!

It's all about doing things in moderation ...

This board is suppost to be the clubs offical board and open to be view by all ages, but people really allow their children to view this board with some of the things that are said lately???

cant say as ive noticed, but i dont read everything. its not hard to ignore stuff though, no one forces people to reply. if for example oafc0000 was to call me names on t'other thread i would see that hes hiding as his points dont hold water, and proceed to ignore him. he would see that others have done the same and no one talks to him anymore and either leaves or learns his lesson and slowly rebuilds his reputation. i believe this board is thriving and is well self regulated.

oafc0000 i only used your name as i was replying to you seconds ago, i make no personal slight on yourself.

Guest oa_exile
naffed off with???

swearing???

opinions???

Well certainly not opinions , that is all part of the MB.

IMO the two just posted dont mix , to much lashing out when the opinion does not suit which leads to members "getting personal" with way of the mark responses including the choice of words.

From the beginning of OWTB i was always was pro-active for the swear filter , the swearing is actually spiralling out of control as it's becoming the norm on nearly every thread.

Anyway just my opinion :)

I'll let you stand for now mate!!

It's all about doing things in moderation ...

This board is suppost to be the clubs offical board and open to be view by all ages, but people really allow their children to view this board with some of the things that are said lately???

thanks lol.

with regards swearing and kids i let him read it as theres worse in the playground, but i acknowledge others views and have cut back my chuffing proffanity accordingly.

Guest oa_exile
If Andy has a problem, he should come to a member of staff.

Erhhhh , I have discussed this now numerous times in the past few months with various members of "Staff".

BTW : This has nothing to do with Mark starting this thread , I have not prompted him , just commenting on it.

thanks lol.

with regards swearing and kids i let him read it as theres worse in the playground, but i acknowledge others views and have cut back my chuffing proffanity accordingly.

Well there's one member who is still heavly filtered when it comes to sweaing :angry: so even ifI did I couldn't.

I not so much the swaering but I am a little concerned in the context some members are using it it and I think exile touched upon that above.

A little swearing doesn't seriously do any harm and debate / opinions is what a forum is all about. Some members though are simply 'getting personal' when they come up against someone who disagrees with their opinions and this as to stop.

Personally, I am recieving complaints constantly ... something I have very rarlely recieved in the past.

cant say as ive noticed, but i dont read everything. its not hard to ignore stuff though, no one forces people to reply. if for example oafc0000 was to call me names on t'other thread i would see that hes hiding as his points dont hold water, and proceed to ignore him. he would see that others have done the same and no one talks to him anymore and either leaves or learns his lesson and slowly rebuilds his reputation. i believe this board is thriving and is well self regulated.

oafc0000 i only used your name as i was replying to you seconds ago, i make no personal slight on yourself.

Thats because we are censoring quite a few things, but we really shouldn't have to do it.

Don't worry 0000 understands :wink: and he's a good example to make. If he doesn't mind me saying, we have had a few 'debates' of late and initially I had to censore a few word out that were said to me.... although I admit I do use the :clown: once to oftern with him.

There's a line that personally I think some cross far to oftern (I will say its only of late). This board is thriving, does alot of self policing and we all want to keep it that way

By posting the rules it was just a little reminder to older members as well as making sure the new members had read them and understand what this forum is all about.... in no way have we lost that balance but we all have to work hard in future to ensure it continues.

Erm, I hate to say it, but if you're a parent and you're worried about OWTB as an vipers nest of filthy language and errr colourful banter then you should probably not let them use the internet at all.

Agreed, but if you read back its the harmony (personal attcks seem to be on the raise) and balance of this site thats my beggist cocern

Thats because we are censoring quite a few things, but we really shouldn't have to do it.

Don't worry 0000 understands :wink: and he's a good example to make. If he doesn't mind me saying, we have had a few 'debates' of late and initially I had to censore a few word out that were said to me.... although I admit I do use the :clown: once to oftern with him.

There's a line that personally I think some cross far to oftern (I will say its only of late). This board is thriving, does alot of self policing and we all want to keep it that way

By posting the rules it was just a little reminder to older members as well as making sure the new members had read them and understand what this forum is all about.... in no way have we lost that balance but we all have to work hard in future to ensure it continues.

While I put my hand up and say I shouldnt of said those things I dont think some of the moderators actions on the site have been all that great either...

Im prepared to behave better but I would like to see the moderators do the same as well... As pointed out my response wasnt without provication...

I dont think there was need for poeople to start highlighting examples... I doubt it would take me long to start pointing out all yours (every member) failures in regards to the notice above....

Edited by oafc0000

Well if that isnt getting personal I dont what is....

You dont have to swear to get personal you know...

Quite contray to what you way, I have many good debates with people on this board...

Do you really think your house is in order Daz.... I could show you alot of your posts which have been totally out of order....

Also should point out besides a message from Sherdian_World ages ago (and he even admitted it was the other guy more than me) and MarkOasis spitting is dummy out as pointed out above (even though he admits he got personal with me as well) ive never been in trouble on these boards before....

Edited by oafc0000

Well if that isnt getting personal I dont what is....

You dont have to swear to get personal you know...

Quite contray to what you way, I have many good debates with people on this board...

Do you really think your house is in order Daz.... I could show you alot of your posts which have been totally out of order....

sorry if i ve offended you, like i said, i used your name only as i had just replied to yourself ie we were currently 'in debate'. if i knew you were unable to apreciate that i would not have done it. i also acknowledged my previous actions may have been deemed unacceptable and have amended them, but again this appears to have passed you by. far be it for me to suggest you may be looking for slights which arent there or maybe posses a chip on your shoulder but i am at a loss as to how i have offended you? i also assume that you mean to say 'contrary to what you say?' if so what did i say?!!! feel free to drag up my previous crimes if you so desire and i may apoligise for them too. that is assuming you havent just imagined things, again.