transfer windows closing in 24 hours

It would'nt surprise me in the slightest if a larger bid came in for Taylor the way he's playing at the moment. Defo a trialist out on the Colchester pitch warming up with the boys and had far more stamina than Davis.......does that lad need to improve upon that.

Edited by Lags

It would'nt surprise me in the slightest if a larger bid came in for Taylor the way he's playing at the moment. Defo a trialist out on the Colchester pitch warming up with the boys and had far more stamina than Davis.......does that lad need to improve upon that.

davies needs to improve on everything at the moment.....but how he is supposed to get fit with only playing a ressie game or friendly once a fortnight ill never know....

i would suspect the club are bracing themself for a large offer coming in for taylor or even hughes...

shez has said he still wants a player in,but wont say what position.....me thinks loan signing will be the order of the day,half a season or maybe a full season if the right player came along.

davies needs to improve on everything at the moment.....but how he is supposed to get fit with only playing a ressie game or friendly once a fortnight ill never know....

i would suspect the club are bracing themself for a large offer coming in for taylor or even hughes...

shez has said he still wants a player in,but wont say what position.....me thinks loan signing will be the order of the day,half a season or maybe a full season if the right player came along.

Two thoughts - Byrne will join on loan tomorrow, An improved bid will come in for Taylor. Let's hope we resist the bid - the lad is our best player at the moment by a country mile (whatever one of those is) :grin:

Two thoughts - Byrne will join on loan tomorrow, An improved bid will come in for Taylor. Let's hope we resist the bid - the lad is our best player at the moment by a country mile (whatever one of those is) :grin:

Seems like left back Richie Byrne is a possibility.

I can see a few clubs coming in for Taylor but the offer has to be good enough for us to sell and he has to want to leave (not likely IMO given he's an Oldham lad and a Latic). We should only sell if we can get a replacement in quickly as I can't see either Smalley or Liddell doing well on the Left and although O'Grady might be an option he would always strike me as a player playing out of position.

BTW a country mile is a phrase that exists because back in the days before a mile was standardised the distance varied from area to area in the country. For example I think a Welsh mile was actually around the 4 mile mark.

I can see a few clubs coming in for Taylor but the offer has to be good enough for us to sell and he has to want to leave (not likely IMO given he's an Oldham lad and a Latic)

If someone offers more than we can turn down- he's out the door, finances dictate in modern football, latics fan or not.

anyone know if we are going to sign or sell any player within the next 24 hours?

With Shez away on a course I can't see how he can give much time to speaking to players on the phone whilst giving full attention to the course. He may just be waiting for a reply from the offer the club has made. If the player agrees fine, if not no-one else will be approached.