Tonight's Crowd

What a disgrace some of those lads were on the left on the RRE. Total embarrassment, threatening our own fans, fighting between themselves.

Even singing the words to songs wrong embarrassed me.

If they were paying customers, i wouldnt give a :censored: but since it was free it could see other fans be driven away.

What a disgrace some of those lads were on the left on the RRE. Total embarrassment, threatening our own fans, fighting between themselves.

Even singing the words to songs wrong embarrassed me.

If they were paying customers, i wouldnt give a :censored:, but since it was free it could see other fans be driven away.

I was sat behind the Muppets, they all seemed to be kids mostly aged 15/16, once 5 off them were removed by the stewards (who were a bit nasty), not all the stewards were bad seemed to be 2 or 3 off them. I bet most off the trouble was caused by kids who didn’t pay to get in to the match.

tight b**t**d. :grin:

considering what has gone on in recent weeks and the very unfortunate incident down at colchester..you would think a bit of common sense would prevail...

it shouldnt be too difficult to pick them out on the cctv and sort them out before we either get a fine from the fa or a stand closure by the police.

I have to say, this sort of thing is creeping into our support. It's a tiny minority who blacken our reputation. Just last night my boss told me he'd searched for us on youtube for various teams of his mates, suffice to say the first scenes he saw weren't ones that many decent people would be proud of. We owe it to behave decently ourselves so that nasty stewards like the ones at Colchester don't use it as evidence to persecute us as fans of the club.

Youngster from morecambe hit by a coin. What moron could throw a coin at people ???

not a good night

Love it. I have a distinct memory of a Southampton game at Boundary Park (after the late, late Andy Ritchie show at the Dell). We win 2-0. The great oldham fans of the past come on the pitch, run up the other end and coin the Southampton fans. Sadly due to the ground being full, they were all Oldham fans (including me) in a part of the Southampton end.

I presume CCTV can generally pick up these knobends?

I have to say, this sort of thing is creeping into our support. It's a tiny minority who blacken our reputation. Just last night my boss told me he'd searched for us on youtube for various teams of his mates, suffice to say the first scenes he saw weren't ones that many decent people would be proud of. We owe it to behave decently ourselves so that nasty stewards like the ones at Colchester don't use it as evidence to persecute us as fans of the club.

To be fair i was sat next to this chav element and im pretty sure 99% of them dont usually attend just as it was free to get in it was better than going to the park i guess. About 5 lads scally sat next to us went at HT, and were playin on there phones during the first half.

Sat for the first half in my normal seat in "I" block,Full of chaddy chavs giving it to the away fans,

but i thaught the stewards were ok tonight,escpecially the one with the big nose and recieding hairline

(no offence if your reading this),banter with the fans,a quick downward movent of his walkie talkie to get people to sit down

and removal of said chavs when they stepped out of line

They deservedy got thrown out .. then the idiot element took over. kids kicking and hitting grown men. I hope they get banned.. just at the time were trying to save one of our own. pathetic behavior which may hinder the club and their help to us. Muppets

they shouldnt ban them. we need as many fans as poss cant have them complainin more that the gates have dropped again.

Looked to me like Rocky was in the middle of it probably causing the chaos. :lol:

:lol: Cheeky bugger. Says you and LaticsLegend who kept wandering around that area looking for a seat :wink::lol:

I like banter, but it was Morecambe in the JPT at the end of the day. I still had a sing song like the rest, but didnt feel the need to charge barriers, swear and make gestures to the away fans every two minute's. Same with you, Mike and the others I recognised in that block who didnt feel the need to act like a bunch of tw*ts by going way over the top.

If only these muppets could get it into there head, then maybe we wouldnt have to be told by the club about police measures that will be put in place. I watched the main Oldham copper in our section after it kicked off with the stewards, talking with one of the head stewards. He was basically making out that the problem was people charging the barriers and I dont think it'll be an awful long time before meshing is put in the home section as well to stop people being able to charge the barrier.

Anyone know how many rows there are in the RRE. Take the 5 seats for each row and then calculate it for £20 per seat for when the likes of Leeds come which will be a sell out. Dont think it'd make pleasant reading if there was meshing on both sides to see how much these little tits will cost us in that one game alone - nevermind the excess police charges against the likes of MK and Yeovil.

It was my first experience of the RRE this season, and I assumed that it was like it's been for the two previous home games, with all the comments on here. I was surprised that the section immediately next to the Morecambe fans was not cordoned off as the OS had said it was going to be.

The drummer was there with his drum, but I think he only played it once.

From past experience, whenever kids are admitted free, I've found them to be a damned nuisance, and it was the same tonight..

they shouldnt ban them. we need as many fans as poss cant have them complainin more that the gates have dropped again.

so we dont ban them then,they get away with it then think what can we do next home game.......you cant have them kicking off with adults and causing trouble in our own end just because we are short of supporters....

if i was there last night and got whacked of some chavy kid about 16 years old i would be getting my life ban from football today,up before the magistrate for smacking a minor...

what you seem not to understand nesby,is that if this incident gets reported to the fa were in the brown stuff....we are already on a tightrope after millwall and cheltenham games with complaints and the police intervening....the club cant afford to get a big fine off the fa or get that section of the rochdale road closed for home games.

I agree that there are seemingly more unsavoury characters supporting the club this season. You only had to walk up Sheepfoot Lane after the match, to see such idiots. Hooliganism has always been there simmering under the surface but unfortunately inow it's now all too common. Banter with the away fans is part and parcel of football and I'm all for that but these characters have a vicious undercurrent. Maybe it's indicative of where we're at in society at the moment.

Take the trouble that took place at Rochdale v Bury on Saturday - this is being replicated around the country at lower league level. Don't exactly know what happened in the RRE as I moved to the Main Stand for a change so can't really comment. The fact that the reports say we've got muppets throwing coins at 50 or so Morecambe fans isn't really suprising. I understand we have to attract more fans to the club and these herberts aren't making it an attractive proposition.

I agree that there are seemingly more unsavoury characters supporting the club this season. You only had to walk up Sheepfoot Lane after the match, to see such idiots. Hooliganism has always been there simmering under the surface but unfortunately inow it's now all too common. Banter with the away fans is part and parcel of football and I'm all for that but these characters have a vicious undercurrent. Maybe it's indicative of where we're at in society at the moment.

Take the trouble that took place at Rochdale v Bury on Saturday - this is being replicated around the country at lower league level. Don't exactly know what happened in the RRE as I moved to the Main Stand for a change so can't really comment. The fact that the reports say we've got muppets throwing coins at 50 or so Morecambe fans isn't really suprising. I understand we have to attract more fans to the club and these herberts aren't making it an attractive proposition.

Not hard to work out though, local chavs with nothing to do can get in for nothing to the football.

They go with all there mates & instead of kicking off, smashing bus shelters, setting bins on fire or whatever kids do on the streets these days, they cause a load of trouble at football.

Made interesting viewing from the Upper main stand especially seeing Hardy scrambling for his phone askign what was going when it was all 'kicking off' was always going to happen in there, hence why I was in the main stand.