tranmere pubs

Guest oa_exile
not been to tranmere before. Planning on getting the train to rock ferry. Which pub is everone going to be in before the match?

There are two pubs close to the ground (actually at the ground) that I had frequented in the past , usually plenty of Latics fans in them.

The Mersey Clipper and the Prenton Park (?)

passed the carlton after the game - about 30 scraggy chavs with hoodies up waiting nearby for a bit of bovver being closely watched by van load of old bill. More scary was the reception committee by the door - neanderthal knuckle-draggers looking for Oldham blood ... quickly changed my mind about quick celebratory pint and jovial banter with our tramp hosts and opted for nice pint back at Rifle range rather than night in a&e - total pondlife ! onwards n upwards !

passed the carlton after the game - about 30 scraggy chavs with hoodies up waiting nearby for a bit of bovver being closely watched by van load of old bill. More scary was the reception committee by the door - neanderthal knuckle-draggers looking for Oldham blood ... quickly changed my mind about quick celebratory pint and jovial banter with our tramp hosts and opted for nice pint back at Rifle range rather than night in a&e - total pondlife ! onwards n upwards !

Aye, we drove past there. My question, "Quick pint in the Carlton?" was 100% in jest. Instead we found it safer to stop off at a Bargain Booze the other side of the tunnel, which was slightly dispiriting itself in terms of the human condition I found within. A spaced out scaghead of about 16 was just standing there whilst a wacky woman in here 60s changed her mind 617 times about what sort of fags she wanted, before also buying two bottles of gin. Needless to say the entire contents of the shop were behind reinforced glass.

People can argue with me as much as they like but i think merseyside and in particular Liverpool is a disgusting place with many lower than low types.

Ran the gauntlet when i drove to Everton in January so perhaps thats affected my judgment but i stand by it

People can argue with me as much as they like but i think merseyside and in particular Liverpool is a disgusting place with many lower than low types.

Ran the gauntlet when i drove to Everton in January so perhaps thats affected my judgment but i stand by it

They can board houses in Liverpool up with bright colours and arty stuff over it all they want - it doesnt hide the fact it's still a sh*thole. :lol:

passed the carlton after the game - about 30 scraggy chavs with hoodies up waiting nearby for a bit of bovver being closely watched by van load of old bill. More scary was the reception committee by the door - neanderthal knuckle-draggers looking for Oldham blood ... total pondlife

My thoughts exactly when I drove past on the way home.

yep - thought it would be quicker thru the 'Pool but traffic a real mare - think it was all that metal spider stuff and they closed a load of roads down - caused chaos goin towards tunnel and missed a bit of time in the Clipper because of it. No probs getting back tho - mind you when ur top o t'league it dont really matter !!!!! come on you blueeessss !!!!

Aye, we drove past there. My question, "Quick pint in the Carlton?" was 100% in jest. Instead we found it safer to stop off at a Bargain Booze the other side of the tunnel, which was slightly dispiriting itself in terms of the human condition I found within. A spaced out scaghead of about 16 was just standing there whilst a wacky woman in here 60s changed her mind 617 times about what sort of fags she wanted, before also buying two bottles of gin. Needless to say the entire contents of the shop were behind reinforced glass.

Said in another thread the other day give the Carlton a miss.

Don't mean to be rude, but I lived in Oldham for 17 years and moved to the Wirral about 5 years ago and its a far far better place than Oldham will ever be, don't get me wrong I support Oldham Athletic through & through.. but at least I can walk the streets here knowing I'm not going to get stabbed or attacked.... though I suppose everywhere had its bad parts...

Edited by Scottz2002

I drove through Liverpool on the way there, get stuck in shed loads of traffic so went back on the M53/M62 which was much easier :)

I did exactly the same, i assume everyone who came that way got held up just before the tunnel at the lights to turn left? My own mistake i forgot that mechanical spider 'La Machine' was in town.

One thing nobody else will of done is miss the basket with their pound coin at the automated toll booth :blush:

Edited by KiDdErZ

One thing nobody else will of done is miss the basket with their pound coin at the automated toll booth :blush:

:lol::lol::lol:

Even if they did. I doubt they'd have banged there door on the basket thing when they opened it to retrieve that missing money it was asking for. :lol: God knows what the people in the car behind made of it all :wink:

Slight hold up at the turnnel going, no bother coming back. It's a much shorter route in distance. Saw a few UB40 types stood fagging it at the Carlton doors on the way home. All in all a very pleasant afternoon of plundering 3 points off Freddies's men. Oh and I can recommend the burgers in the Clipper.

If you'd told me that an array of Supermodels were inside oiling themselves up specifically in the hope that I was visiting I would still have given it a miss :wink:

Carlton aint that bad, am sure you have some pubs around Oldham which don't embrac away fans with open arms as well.