Bums On Seats

A decent game coming up v udders, how many extra will turn up, its anyones guess, IF the price was halved, would twice as many come along to the game? is it that much of a risk, you get all the add ons included, one problem is they promote crap games when they know the attendance will be poor.

This to me will give a good indication of how many people will come to BP, the price will be right the game will be right and the product (so far) on the pitch has been right...

Thoughts please..

Twice as many, what is our capacity now with only three stands?

I'd hazard a guess that we'll hit near the 7K mark for huddersfield anyway as they'll bring a fair few regardless of their leaue position at the moment, so I dont think dropping the prices would be beneficial for this game.

Guest oa_exile

Problem is now the capacity has been reduced to 10638 with -3000 for the RRE for Udders fans = 7638 only for Latics fans.

No room for discount for the "Decent" games.

Edited by oa_exile

Huddersfield have been given the large section of the RRE thats 3000 seats out of a possible 10500 so that leaves us with 7500 to play with, a positive result at Hartlepool will see 6000 home fans turn up for this one, I think to we should charge full price for this game. If we were still a 13000 seater stadium then I think the idea would be more feasible.

Your only looking to double after season tickets so -3500 for that as for udders fans, stick em in the small section..

they have to do something to get an idea of how many will turn up if all aspects are right, price, fixture and recent performance.

not sure about this anymore....

we have discounted games before, even made them free, and the stay-aways turn up in their droves...

when the club wants summat from them, there is always an excuse or another... like this season for instance... we have limited capacity now, we pull a decent tie in the FA cup, it goes all ticket.. less chance for above to turn up as less room for them, straight away ...." they bang on about us attending matches, and they don't even have the room....pah.. waste of time... pah can't be bothered...pah not going again....drivel drivel drivel..."

and the comical thing is....people take notice of a dale fan paying to watch another team!!

personally speaking i'm amazed TTA's are still here.... and they still get told to shut up moaning!!!

How about trialling family tickets, 100 or so per game, limited to the family area in the Chaddy End?

Parent and child - £18

2 parents and child - £30

Parent and 2 children - £24

2 parents and 2 children - £36

Under 11s are £3 anyway aren't they?

2 parents + 1 child £30, add another kid and pay £3 more than sending the kid through on their own? And it's £20 on the door for an adult, you couldn't make it cheaper to add a kid.

And all the "add ons" probably amount to less than £1 profit per person at the very most.

If we got 5200 home fans against MK Dons then I'm sure we could get just over 2000 more fans in with the lure of a local derby and Oldham sitting nicely at the top of the league. I dont think we should of given Huddersfield the large section but thats already been sorted out at the ticket office so nothing can be done there.

I think the Oldham public will turn up and pay £20 if were doing well so promotions on hold for this game. A bit of good advertising in the Chron saying £18 tickets in advance and kids under 12 for £3 will help nicely. Maybe even hand out leaflets in the Main Stand & Chaddy End advertising Season Tickets and if Oldham put on a good performance they might be tempted to jump on the bandwagon. £50 Season Tickets for Under 16's is a bargain so push that and hopefully they'll drag a parent along. These are the times when money can be made at Oldham whilst the club are doing well. If Oldham lose form then it might be a lost chance for the rest of the season to get fans through the gate.