Hartlepool Away

How many fans do we usually take to the Monkey Hangers?

Heard they've only give us 950 tickets.

Only 2 hours drive, I reckon we will sell our allocation out.

Could turn that ground into a home game on Saturday if they give us more tickets.

I asked how many we had sold when I bought mine at 1ish today and she said only 2 hundred and odd.

Think you can pay on the day but didn't want to chance it!

How many fans do we usually take to the Monkey Hangers?

Heard they've only give us 950 tickets.

Only 2 hours drive, I reckon we will sell our allocation out.

Could turn that ground into a home game on Saturday if they give us more tickets.

It's been pretty full the 2 times I've been (I missed last years debacle thank god) so I reckon it will sell out. I'm sat here smug in the knowledge my ticket has already been purchased; I'm looking forward to a cheap pint in the Raglan Quoites club already :drinking45:

You can pay on the day but I could see there being some Latics fans in the home end as we may sell out. (If my dad hadn't bought me a ticket already I'd have gone in the home end if i couldn't get in the away- but its only a 30 min journey for me). We tend to take aorund 6-700 to Hartlepool but I can see that being more this time round. However, in case you haven't noticed Hartlepool's ground is not the biggest (somewhere around 7,500 capacity- a fair portion of that is standing and they fill a large proportion of it) and we only get 900 tickets because that's the best way to segregate things. I'd think it quite likely that no one (not even the toon or the boro) would get more than that.

It's been pretty full the 2 times I've been (I missed last years debacle thank god) so I reckon it will sell out. I'm sat here smug in the knowledge my ticket has already been purchased; I'm looking forward to a cheap pint in the Raglan Quoites club already :drinking45:

Is Hartlepool the town of strange pub names...not heard that one before!

Can't remember the last time we were going into a game knowing even a defeat and we will probably still be top on Saturday night.

Even Stockport won at Hartlepool a couple of weeks ago so I'm pretty confident we will win.

Only Carlisle can catch us and they play Dirty Leeds.

HAPPY DAYS

2007/8 576

2006/7 Diff division

2005/6 Don't know, but remember it was around 400-500 as it was on Friday night

HIi Optional,

Keith (bucket collector here)if you can 'e mail' your address together with phone number I'll give

you a bell.

you can get me on 'khlatics4ever@yahoo.co.uk'

cheers

After your debacle in the beardy bus bog last season I'm glad you are looking for an alternative mode of transport this season.

I still haven't got over the stench that filled the coach after you turned out a mix. :angry:

And to make matters worse Beardy took one on the nose from a plastic latic in the services on the way home. Mind you it served him right for not pre booking the refreshment stop on the way back. :D

Is Hartlepool the town of strange pub names...not heard that one before!

It's literally right next to the ground and has Sky Sports on too; you have to sign in but the beer is very cheap.

2005/6 Don't know, but remember it was around 400-500 as it was on Friday night

And anyone who was there will remember the shambles getting in (and the luke warm pies), many missed the kick off. I would recommend getting a ticket to avoid this again. I'm sure there was more than 400 - 500, I was right at the far corner of the stand by the time I got in and there were hardly any seats, I would say it was nearer 800 that night.

Edited by ghostofcecere

Good morning guys,

Hartlepool fan here if you havent guessed! Unfortunatly that is the full allocation of our away end as there is a big dispute between IOR( our owners oil firm) & our council over ownership of the ground. Our owners refuse to upgrade it while not owning it which i am sure you all agree is fair. It's like owning a council house and paying for your own improvements!!.

Onto football matters the Raglan does indeed have cheap beer!! But if you are looking for a decent meal when you arrive you are spoilt, We have the Marina about a 5 minute walk from the ground which has a pub called the Jacksons Wharf. They do very good food but slightly more expensive, We also have Morrisons next to the ground and Asda again a 5 minute walk. If you would rather do a slight pub crawl 10mins from the ground you will find a wetherspoons, bar paris and all sorts of watering holes and food places!!.

Safe journey chaps and i would just like to say well done on your start to the season!

Have you sorted out your problems with your local rag yet?

If we won I'd have to buy a copy just so I can have pictures of our team in cartoon format. I may even buy it if we don't.

And a reminder again this season to all: DO NOT EAT THE FOOD IN THE GROUND. I repeat:

DO NOT EAT THE FOOD IN THE GROUND

Have you sorted out your problems with your local rag yet?

If we won I'd have to buy a copy just so I can have pictures of our team in cartoon format. I may even buy it if we don't.

And a reminder again this season to all: DO NOT EAT THE FOOD IN THE GROUND. I repeat:

DO NOT EAT THE FOOD IN THE GROUND

The food has improved again, it is embarrassing really we have went from best pies to worst pies to average.. oh the joys!

We still have the on going dispute with the Northern Echo and Hartlepool Mail but nothing seems to have progressed.

Is that the one that is on the corner of the road that runs along the left side of the ground looking out from the away end? That's where we ended up last year, nice place with a beer garden outside...great day out although I think that was helped by the bright sunshine...friendly locals and a few Tics in there to boot. Inside did have Sky but wasn't much to shout about, though for some reason I think it was being redone as I'm sure there was a vast open space and you had to go round the corner to get to the bar. Don't remember having to sign in though...

Is that the one that is on the corner of the road that runs along the left side of the ground looking out from the away end? That's where we ended up last year, nice place with a beer garden outside...great day out although I think that was helped by the bright sunshine...friendly locals and a few Tics in there to boot. Inside did have Sky but wasn't much to shout about, though for some reason I think it was being redone as I'm sure there was a vast open space and you had to go round the corner to get to the bar. Don't remember having to sign in though...

Yeah that will be the one; I could be wrong about signing in, lets say I was a bit worse for wear ^_^

And anyone who was there will remember the shambles getting in (and the luke warm pies), many missed the kick off. I would recommend getting a ticket to avoid this again. I'm sure there was more than 400 - 500, I was right at the far corner of the stand by the time I got in and there were hardly any seats, I would say it was nearer 800 that night.

before the game i overheard some coppers discussing with stewards the possibility of allowing oldham fans into a section of the stand to the left as you look at the pitch, due to our numbers. i had to stand all game at the back as i couldnt find a seat, and uncle ronnie called our away support 'frightening'.

id say it was full and will be again on saturday. hartlepool strikes me as the type of place where, if you are in the home section, cheering of your teams gols is not recommended.

the one with the snooker table?

its a working mans club i think,cheap beer and nice lass behind the bar(if i'm remembering through the drunken haze rightly from last year!) B)

Yeah that's the place, it is a WMC which is why I thought we had to sign in.

before the game i overheard some coppers discussing with stewards the possibility of allowing oldham fans into a section of the stand to the left as you look at the pitch, due to our numbers. i had to stand all game at the back as i couldnt find a seat, and uncle ronnie called our away support 'frightening'.

id say it was full and will be again on saturday. hartlepool strikes me as the type of place where, if you are in the home section, cheering of your teams gols is not recommended.

That's how I remember it too, I'm sure we filled it, certainly there were more than 500.

I don't think Hartlepool is worse than anywhere else in terms of trouble, their Chavs seem to go in the upper section of the stand nearest to the away end, a bit like the Lookers Upper RRE was. I think the same rules apply as anywhere else, keep your head down keep quiet and you'll be ok.

As it's not all ticket I can see there being a few trying this stunt this year as I'm sure we will take more than 900, all you'll need is a few local street names ready for ficticious addresses and you'll be in. You didn't hear that from me............ right :grin:

Edited by ghostofcecere

Yeah that's the place, it is a WMC which is why I thought we had to sign in.

That's how I remember it too, I'm sure we filled it, certainly there were more than 500.

I don't think Hartlepool is worse than anywhere else in terms of trouble, their Chavs seem to go in the upper section of the stand nearest to the away end, a bit like the Lookers Upper RRE was. I think the same rules apply as anywhere else, keep your head down keep quiet and you'll be ok.

As it's not all ticket I can see there being a few trying this stunt this year as I'm sure we will take more than 900, all you'll need is a few local street names ready for ficticious addresses and you'll be in. You didn't hear that from me............ right :grin:

Yup your correct,

If you make the journey look to the right of were you will be sitting up at the top in the seats not the terrace and you will see our embarrassing and less educated population trying to get a bite out of you.

All those questions about the raglan are correct it was indeed being refurbished and you still do need to sign in ( a police thing)