defensive wobbler

though i would have taken a draw at 3pm, its got to be said that a defence who collapse and let 3 goals in during an 8 minute spell has me worried.

it just shows that we can panic during a sustained spell of pressure. thats not good and gregan was sent off because he was late missed the ball and got the man.

and huddersfield finished strong today, won for the 1st time at home.

cant say i am looking forward to next week.

though i would have taken a draw at 3pm, its got to be said that a defence who collapse and let 3 goals in during an 8 minute spell has me worried.

it just shows that we can panic during a sustained spell of pressure. thats not good and gregan was sent off because he was late missed the ball and got the man.

don't worry we'lll win next saturday! lots of positives for me.

We can't let negativity set in and I'm sure Sheridan will have something to say about the defensive lapses. The most disappointing aspect is that we conceded another penalty and Gregan has now got to face suspension, leaving a defensive re-shuffle on the cards.

We could have crumbled and lost the game, but we didn't and how many times would we have bounced back last season? Our strengths, mentality and stamina wise, are looking good. A draw would have been taken before the game, that's what we got and we are still top.

I think we will be too strong for Huddersfield next week.

Even if Gregan is suspended for the next game (which he doesn't deserve to be), Richie Byrne looked reasonable at centre-half and made one positive contribution. Plus isn't Stam close to being fit? We will have enough cover at the back for Huddersfield (its just a pity Gregan- at the mo- won't be up against Keigan Parker)

Even if Gregan is suspended for the next game (which he doesn't deserve to be), Richie Byrne looked reasonable at centre-half and made one positive contribution. Plus isn't Stam close to being fit? We will have enough cover at the back for Huddersfield (its just a pity Gregan- at the mo- won't be up against Keigan Parker)

straight red for gregan so doesn't that mean he is out for the next 3 games?

straight red for gregan so doesn't that mean he is out for the next 3 games?

I'd be a little surprised if the red card isn't overturned.

I'm never sure of the rules though. It used to be violent conduct was an automatic three match ban, but I think you are right - now it is a three match ban for any red card.

Huddersfield haven't worried any bookies so far and we're unbeaten still....top of the league still..... and playing great at home....why are you not looking forward to next week??? Let's get realistic.

We could have crumbled and lost the game, but we didn't and how many times would we have bounced back last season? Our strengths, mentality and stamina wise, are looking good. A draw would have been taken before the game, that's what we got and we are still top.
You are absolutely right. I cannot understand why people get negative at the first sign of a problem. We are playing excellent football, scoring more goals than anyone in the division and we have the mental strength to match anyone. That three-goal blast today could have finished us off. Instead, we came back and could have won - and don’t forget we came back from two goals down against Millwall and Colchester. There is real steel in this team. For the first time since the Dowie play-off season, I genuinely feel we have a promotion side.

A good point that we would have all been happy with a 2.59pm, and will be happy with in a few days / weeks time when looking back.

But tonight, whilst the happy feeling at half-time of being 2-0 up, looking unthreatened, drinking a nice cold beer in the sun is still with us - its hard not to feel slightly disappointed.

Dissappointment is good as well in some respects - because despite being down to 10, despite throwing a 2 goal led away to be a goal down, we still feel its 2 points dropped at the moment because we still looked the more likely team to nick a winner.

Looking forward to Saturday - live and work in Yorkshire and know a fair few Huddersfield fans...come on lads, don't make me pull a sick on the Monday afterwards!

Oddly, even though we let 3 goals in during a mad 7 minute spell, I think credit's due to Hartlepool for taking the game to us big time. I don't really believe it was shocking defending, but certainly a couple of lapses in concentration more than anything. Don;t forget, Hartlepool are a very handy team on their own patch and are pretty much as potent up front as we are right now.

Two teams going hammer and tong at each other, I bet it was a cracking game for any neutral that happened to be watching.

1 match for a straight red, 3 matches for violent.

Perhaps Taggart will use it as an example to prove his theory about terry's red being rescinded?

Are you sure about that real? i thought any straight red was 3 games, but I admit my knowledge of the rules is not complete.

Are you sure about that real? i thought any straight red was 3 games, but I admit my knowledge of the rules is not complete.

(e) PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (1), (2) and (3)

A Player who is dismissed from the Field of play for Violent Conduct, Serious

Foul Play or spitting at an opponent or any other person, whether he has

previously been cautioned in the match or not, will be suspended

automatically from playing football in any match including non-First Team

matches commencing forthwith and until such time as his Club’s First Team

has completed its next three matches in approved Competitions.

FA - DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES CONCERNING FIELD OFFENCES

Stam played most of the reserves' match against Bury on Wednesday.

:cardinal: