FAO Craig Davies

As I understand it, this would be settled in a grand finale involving a topless grapple between Drs Maddog and Jimmy Reade. :shock: I would be knocked out in the semi finals. I'd have had it on the undercard of my Lags vs Bazza face-off the other year if I'd thought.

Ahem! I think you'll find that if it were to take place in 9 months time there would be an interesting late stages match up between me and my dad (who I'm representing as he doesn't know how to use a computer- he's old) with our MBBS(s) (hopefully, touching wood and all that), not to mention some of the club doctors (past and present) some of whom are Latics fans. As it is my BMedSci (Hons) should stand me in good stead.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem! I think you'll find that if it were to take place in 9 months time there would be an interesting late stages match up between me and my dad (who I'm representing as he doesn't know how to use a computer- he's old) with our MBBS(s) (hopefully, touching wood and all that), not to mention some of the club doctors (past and present) some of whom are Latics fans. As it is my BMedSci (Hons) should stand me in good stead.

You've got to be in it to win it. And as for what might happen in 9 months time - well, Latics are in the Championship having won the title. Pah.

Can't be bothered reading most of this thread, but Davies was superb when he came on yesterday and is IMO worth a start against Hudders whilst Lewis tries to find his shooting boots...he's still learning and could do with a rest.

Just watching the highlights on LW, and still can't fathom how his lob went wide...it looks in all the way.

I saw DAvies at the gym the other night. So despite being at training that day, and no doubt next morning, he still goes to do a bit extra at 8 that night. If thats a bad attitude then i'll take it every time. I asked him if he was due back and he said he hoped this week (yesterday). Also told him i'd got 50-1 on him being league one top scorer and he looked chuffed to hell!! Said he wouldnt let me down!! Seems like a real nice guy. Give him a break, he'll be there or there abouts in the scoring charts come may....

I saw DAvies at the gym the other night. So despite being at training that day, and no doubt next morning, he still goes to do a bit extra at 8 that night. If thats a bad attitude then i'll take it every time. I asked him if he was due back and he said he hoped this week (yesterday). Also told him i'd got 50-1 on him being league one top scorer and he looked chuffed to hell!! Said he wouldnt let me down!! Seems like a real nice guy. Give him a break, he'll be there or there abouts in the scoring charts come may....

The thing is with Davies, he is obviously a confidence player. If he scores 2 against the Hudds on sat, its a banker he will score against Stockport. He is young and seems a bit of a sulker, and he should know better. A fit, focussed Davies is a quality asset, a dropped Davies seems lazy. I thought he did ok on saturday, and would have scored if that chip wouldnt have hit that divit. He wanted the ball and looked lively, although I would have played on when he had a clear run on goal, especially as they just attacked our goal twice without putting it out.

Bring on the yorkies!!!

Edited by Eddie_m'gurk