FAO Craig Davies

I believe it's nigh on impossible to fail an Examination these days.

Say that to the Radio 1 djs who failed the higher standard GCSE Maths paper (where you only need about 25% to pass due to its tougher nature), only 1 passed. As someone who is 4/5ths of his way to a very hard degree (I've got a good degree if I don't manage it) I would say there is a difference between book/exam smarts and common sense smarts (something that a lot of book smart people can lack at times- I know I've been accused of this in the past). But just because someone posts/says something which a lot of people disagree with it doesn't make them stupid unless its a undisputable fact and most of what has been said is opinion. Calling someone thick just because their opinion is different to yours could be construed as bullying.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you need Maths to be a Radio One DJ?

Oh possibly to count the track number. :lol:

No the likes of Chris Moyles and other djs might not need maths but you need GCSE maths to go to uni and some of the people tested will have gone to uni. Unlike popular opinion banded about in the press it is possible to fail exams these days and some of them are harder than the ones in my day (nevermind whatever day yours is).

Someones academic record should not be put forward as a case for their opinion being right and other being wrong when analysing a footballers contribution to a game as they don't give GCSE's out in this kind of subject to the best of my knowledge. I myself have a degree doesn't mean my opinion is better or worse or right compared to someone who left school with no qualifications. Thats the beauty of football you don't have to be a genius to understand it.

Someones academic record should not be put forward as a case for their opinion being right and other being wrong when analysing a footballers contribution to a game as they don't give GCSE's out in this kind of subject to the best of my knowledge. I myself have a degree doesn't mean my opinion is better or worse or right compared to someone who left school with no qualifications. Thats the beauty of football you don't have to be a genius to understand it.

I was merely backing up my claim that i was not thick.

i think the latics world commentators must have been watching a different Craig Davies in a different game sounded like he was lively when he came on!

I suspect Gordon was eating one of them Hotdogs he was bound to be happy as larry whatever was going on on the pitch.

I think his attitude is appauling, looks like he'd rather be somewhere else that ball that he miscontrolled and then fouled their guy then was fannying around seeing if he was ok. Also why the fudge did we kick the ball out when they played on, shez cant have been happy with that. Dont mind players bein crap but atleast put some effort in especially if your a sub who has just come on.

WTF?????? Davies came on and changed the game in our favour, masterstroke by Shez instead of us worrying about them Hartlepool knew if they pushed for a winner Davies and Taylor would exploit any space in behind and it very nearly worked with his late lob. FFS we're top of the League enjoy and stop feckin' moaning it's a marathon not a sprint many twists and turns, we all need to stick together not pick out scapegoats! :censored: happens yer don't always need to portion the blame. I know we live in a "Where there's blame, there's a claim society, but your posts and bordering on the ridiculous. Plenty of Robinho shirts available yer know? Yer a supporter so get back to friggin' basics and support instead of slagging off!

Oafcprozac BA (Hons)

Edited by oafcprozac

Not having a go at Davies but in my mind they should have kicked the ball otu of play for the guy on floor but no they went on to try and score and i think we would have been in our rights to do the same, you can bet your botton dollar if they had scored he would have been straight up.

WTF?????? Davies came on and changed the game in our favour, masterstroke by Shez instead of us worrying about them Hartlepool knew if they pushed for a winner Davies and Taylor would exploit any space in behind and it very nearly worked with his late lob. FFS we're top of the League enjoy and stop feckin' moaning it's a marathon not a sprint many twists and turns, we all need to stick together not pick out scapegoats! :censored: happens yer don't always need to portion the blame. I know we live in a "Where there's blame, there's a claim society, but your posts and bordering on the ridiculous. Plenty of Robinho shirts available yer know? Yer a supporter so get back to friggin' basics and support instead of slagging off!

Oafcprozac BA (Hons)

Ok i'll go support city.

Ok i'll go support city.

Easily persuaded.

Don't let them grind you down, although I am enjoying this game of academic top-trumps. A better idea is to allow the creme de la creme of the regions intelligencia to battle it out in some sort of MMA free-for-all, could be fun - stripped to the waist in t'Latics carpark - last one standing with at least a 2-1 is the winner...

Didn't go yesterday but as Prozac said it was a smart move to bring Davies on. Rather than let Hartlepool come onto us and attack even more they had to be aware of the threat the pace of Davies, Taylor and O'Grady posed to them on the break.

I like Davies as a player, if he was smarter on the field with the decisions he makes he certainly wouldnt be playing at our level, mind you hes only young so he is bound to improve.

Seen as we're all mentioning our education.

13 GCSES A*-C

4 A Levels B B C C

BA Hons. Sport and Leisure Management.

Current job... Stacking shelves at Morrisons. Happy Days!!

Thought Davies did well when he came on yesterday and showed a good and very willing attitude, he was also a bit unlucky not to score when he knocked it over the keeper and it went the wrong side of the post.

P.S.

While we're on the subject of academic achievement I've got a CSE in Technical Drawing if thats any help.

Thought Davies did well when he came on yesterday and showed a good and very willing attitude, he was also a bit unlucky not to score when he knocked it over the keeper and it went the wrong side of the post.

P.S.

While we're on the subject of academic achievement I've got a CSE in Technical Drawing if thats any help.

What's technical drawing? what are CSEs?

Wasn't at the game but i'm guessing Davies must have been putting a fair bit of effort judging by the fact that Sheridan's actually giving him credit rather than the usual verbal kick up the arse ("he's not as good as he thinks he is/he's not all that/he needs to listen and do as he's told" etc etc etc).

I'm sorry but if anyone is quesioning Craig Davies' attitude yesterday they were not watching the same game as me thats for sure, or for that matter the Hartlepool fans I overheard speaking about how good our number 10 was on the way out of the ground. He did one thing wrong in kicking the ball out and it grants a thread about it. The guy just cant do any right can he?

Easily persuaded.

Don't let them grind you down, although I am enjoying this game of academic top-trumps. A better idea is to allow the creme de la creme of the regions intelligencia to battle it out in some sort of MMA free-for-all, could be fun - stripped to the waist in t'Latics carpark - last one standing with at least a 2-1 is the winner...

As I understand it, this would be settled in a grand finale involving a topless grapple between Drs Maddog and Jimmy Reade. :shock: I would be knocked out in the semi finals. I'd have had it on the undercard of my Lags vs Bazza face-off the other year if I'd thought.

PS, I have to say Lordy is right here - the current rule is that the ref tells players when to put the ball out. If the other team are attacking but chooses to put it out, then being sporting, you would expect them to be given the ball back. They can't have it both ways though.