Joe Kinnear - New Newcastle boss (interim)

Think ashley had a few bob on an outsider, possibly..

He needs a bit of luck to come his way after he spunked £300m backing the financial health of HBOS. Seriously though, if you were an out of work football manager and you hadn't been sounded out about this job, how low would you be feeling right now?

Fair play to them though - they really have taken up the mantle from City as the leagues joke team

A little boy gets £10 for his birthday and rushes to the local Sports Direct Shop to buy the new premier league football he has been desperate for. He gets the ball down from the rack and gives the shopkeeper his £10.

"Sorry Son" Explains the shopkeeper. "That particular ball costs £20".

Thinking quickly, the boy looks up at the club balls and says "Ok. If you blindfold me and I guess the club on the ball will you let me have the ball for £10"?

The shopkeeper curiously agrees, and blindfolds the boy.

First up he gives the boy an Arsenal ball. "OK" says the boy placing his ear to the ball. "I can hear the blasting sound of cannons. This must be an Arsenal ball"

"That was a lucky guess" exclaimed the shopkeeper. "Lets try another one" And he hands him a Millwall ball.

"OK" Says the boy placing his ear to the ball again. "I can hear a pack of rampant Lions. It must be a Millwall ball".

"Christ" Says the shopkeeper. "If you get the next one right I'll let you have it for nothing" and he passes him another ball.

Again the boy puts the ball to his ear and after a few moments he exclaims "That's a Newcastle United ball".

"Holy Mary Mother Of God" shouts the shopkeeper."How on earth did you get that one. I suppose you heard the laughing crow of magpies?"

"No" said the boy. "It's going down"

:grin:

Oh well its never dull up here. Someone will have made a tidy sum on that one (and my suspicions would start at anyone involved at Newcastle and their friends and family). A trip up the road (well for me) is looking very likely for next season (I Would love it if it did happen and we beat them). I'm sure Joe Kinnear and his dodgy heart are going to love the pressure. You'd have thought they'd have chosen some up and comer as opposed to a name that wasn't that big when he was at his pomp nevermid 15 years afterwards.

Oh well its never dull up here. Someone will have made a tidy sum on that one (and my suspicions would start at anyone involved at Newcastle and their friends and family). A trip up the road (well for me) is looking very likely for next season (I Would love it if it did happen and we beat them). I'm sure Joe Kinnear and his dodgy heart are going to love the pressure. You'd have thought they'd have chosen some up and comer as opposed to a name that wasn't that big when he was at his pomp nevermid 15 years afterwards.

Wise. Kinnear. Random rich Nigerians.

Fashanu?

Please let this happen.

Oi, I have the dabs on the Fashanu link.

Anyway, picture the scene. Toon bored (i know) room, Ashley: 'So who can we get? El Tel won't have it, Fergie Wenger and Mourinho are under contract........'

All: 'Joe Kinnear' :laught16:

Where's a Geordie when you need one?

Oi, I have the dabs on the Fashanu link.

Anyway, picture the scene. Toon bored (i know) room, Ashley: 'So who can we get? El Tel won't have it, Fergie Wenger and Mourinho are under contract........'

All: 'Joe Kinnear' :laught16:

Where's a Geordie when you need one?

I had a pint with one last night, before this latest news. He was about as cheerful as Corporal Jones after Latics only won 3-0.