Riots after the game...

Guest oa_exile
Yep, but the poliece were brilliant, so it was all over pretty quickly.

Exactly , so I would not have used term "Riot" but agree with the keeping the away fans back for at leasr 10-15' after the game.

Guest sheridans_world

I have to admit, having a 'lock-in' for ten minutes after the game for away fans numbering more than say, 800 would prevent issues from happening.

The police would have time to move any idiots from the Oldham crowd who linger around looking for a fight.

I always stand and watch the stadium empty, I'm always one of the last out of the ground, today, I left 6 minutes after the end of the game. Meaning ten minutes would be more than long enough.

I have to admit, having a 'lock-in' for ten minutes after the game for away fans numbering more than say, 800 would prevent issues from happening.

The police would have time to move any idiots from the Oldham crowd who linger around looking for a fight.

I always stand and watch the stadium empty, I'm always one of the last out of the ground, today, I left 6 minutes after the end of the game. Meaning ten minutes would be more than long enough.

To be fair it really shouldn't come to this as we have never had this much of a problem in the past (well atleast not for the last 15 years anyway) after the first game my dad said that their would be alot more trouble this season because of the fact that home and away fans were in the RRE and sadly he is being proved right our policing bill is going to sour this season because of it. Personally if it was upto me I would let the fans in the large section exit by the Broadway side of the ground only as then they can't get to each other as they come out as quickly.

Yup agree, i think the police made a big mistake in not keeping them in, but well, i think people are over-reacting.

Spoke to a copper after the match and questioned why they hadn't. He said basically it was because they got rushed at the Milwall game and decided it wasn't worth it. Don't know why they didn't just shut the gates and wait.

Police decision basicallly!

Spoke to a copper after the match and questioned why they hadn't. He said basically it was because they got rushed at the Milwall game and decided it wasn't worth it. Don't know why they didn't just shut the gates and wait.

Just daft.

Odd that many of the people on here who were in the RRE knew full well what would happen after the game, yet the police just let everyone out together. Brains of a rocking horse <_<

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Wasnt worth it ? Protecting the public and keeping the peace is there job, if they dont want to do it then can I have my wasted taxes back please?

So... people were intent on ignoring Police instructions as they were determined to get out and have a fight, so the Police decided to defuse the situation by letting them.

I might have to lie down and think about this one.

riots lol. even if they didnt wish to keep fans back, then thoughtful use of the exits would probably defuse some stuff. im not suggesting a set up, but the police will be filming it to keep certain fans away in future, they should have enough by now. and i think the statement that we havent had trouble for 15 years is a bit of wishful thinking, although it does appear a bit closer to the ground than you would expect at the moment. our league position is probably also a contributory factor.

Seems to be a bit of a change in the way the police are dealing with it now… let it go off for a couple of minutes, film them and then ban them.

One thing someone needs to do is tarmac the car park outside the RRE. All the rocks being thrown were far more dangerous than punches thrown by 17 year old lads.