Eardley out for Hereford

Will strech the defence this with Gregan still suspended!

Lomax to right back Byrne in at left then Stam and Ruben in the middle!! Good job we arent playing Leicester..

Nothing silly Friday no red cards for the back four or we could be seing Thommo back

Wenks will be happy.

yeah has to be

god forbid if thompson has to play

I think we might actually be pleasantly surprised if we got to see Thompson play this season. To be fair to the lad, he's not yet had a fair crack of the whip with injuries and what have you, and you don't turn in to a duffer overnight.

He may not get his place back if Lomax moves to right back and has fine game, competition for places is what the manager wants isn't it ?

I think it's more likely that Lomax will lose his left back berth especially if Byrne plays well.

I can't see Eardley not getting his place back after international duty.

It wouldn't be a bad thing as Lomax has looked a little poor in the last two fixtures and being young he probably needs a break.

I think it's more likely that Lomax will lose his left back berth especially if Byrne plays well.

I can't see Eardley not getting his place back after international duty.

It wouldn't be a bad thing as Lomax has looked a little poor in the last two fixtures and being young he probably needs a break.

i cant comment on how good bad or indifferent byrn is, but i would have no problem with lomax being at right back before eardley - it just seems so strange that a young lad who doesnt play bad but is less than his normal self for a couple of games and all of a sudden should be dropped.

he is playing out o posistion and is handling himself very very well at a highly competitive level, everybody said the same about taylor when he got moved onto the left and look at him now.

i cant comment on how good bad or indifferent byrn is, but i would have no problem with lomax being at right back before eardley - it just seems so strange that a young lad who doesnt play bad but is less than his normal self for a couple of games and all of a sudden should be dropped.

he is playing out o posistion and is handling himself very very well at a highly competitive level, everybody said the same about taylor when he got moved onto the left and look at him now.

Lomax has done a great job for the team slotting in at left back, and is usually a very steady player; he's had 2 indifferent games; that's all. I'm more than happy to have him stay on at LB.

But, player wise, we have to switch him to RB for this game (Hereford) & Byrne comes in to the LB with Stam & Reubes continuing at CB's.

I worry that if Byrne is as good as those who have seen him play say he is; he stays at LB & then once again its Kelvin who misses out, as Eardley HAS to come back in at RB after the international games.

All in all, its nice to have options isn't it? - competetion for places in key in a side pushing for the top spots.

Kelvin has been terrific for us in a problem position ever sicne his 10 game stint at Spotland HOWEVER I get quite concerned about people's judgement when he his favourably compared to Eardley, or even those who consistently say there is nothing between the players. One is a decent mid-table league one FB who would do an excellent job for a league two side ... he is steady but nothing else and can't cross for toffee. The other has potential to be a top half championship FB or midfielder and is two years younger, a full international and technically far far superior ALBEIT beginning the season with a seeming lack of confidence.

Kelvin has been terrific for us in a problem position ever sicne his 10 game stint at Spotland HOWEVER I get quite concerned about people's judgement when he his favourably compared to Eardley, or even those who consistently say there is nothing between the players. One is a decent mid-table league one FB who would do an excellent job for a league two side ... he is steady but nothing else and can't cross for toffee. The other has potential to be a top half championship FB or midfielder and is two years younger, a full international and technically far far superior ALBEIT beginning the season with a seeming lack of confidence.

here here

as i said above, i like Lomax - he's steady & the type of player you need in the squad; someone who will never let you down when called upon. But, as you say, to compare the 2 players just doesn't rub with me.....Its Eardley hands down for the better player:

As for the (high) level of Eardley-bashing that goes on on here & at matchs - i just don't understand it. People seem to need a boo boy every season; and Neal seems to be a favourite this time. 1 miss placed pass and you can hear the dullards getting on his back -muppets the lot of them!

He's a great L1 player now, but he has the potential to play a hell of a lot higher - i'd say he could make the Prem as a FB in a few years if he carries on developing in the same vein as he is doing. We really need to keep hold him; as he will be crucuial to our promotion push.

But; Eardley, Lomax, Byrne & Lee is a good bunch of options to have for the FB postions