Which Game Shall I Go To On Saturday?

Guest M_OAFC

Which match?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which match should I attend on Saturday afternoon?

• League Two: Rochdale (9th) V Dagenham & Redbridge (6th) - Admission £14
    • Blue Square North: Stalybridge Celtic (4th) V Redditch United (15th) - Admission £10
    • Unibond League Premier Division: Ashton United (4th) V Ossett Town (20th) - Admission £8
    • FA Trophy Preliminary Round: Mossley (4th in Unibond League Division One North) V Stocksbridge (3rd in Unibond League Division One South) - Admission £7
    • FA Vase 3rd Qualifying Round: Oldham Town (4th in Vodkat League Division One) V Congleton Town (6th in Vodkat League Premier Division) - Admission £4

Guest M_OAFC

On Saturday morning I shall be watching OWTB FC hopefully inflicting a 2nd defeat in as many days upon a team representing Stockport.

Having chosen a fixture to attend in the afternoon I shall then be finding a nice pub with Sky Sports near the ground, where I will watch what remains of Birmingham V QPR.

I will then go in to the ground to watch the game, after which I will find a nice pub with Setanta in which to cheer Blackburn, hopefully on to victory, over Manure.

I will then return home to enjoy a relaxing evening in front of the TV accompanied by the fine selection of bottled real ales in my fridge (I'd much rather spend the evening in the pub but alas finances do not permit this week).

However, my dilema is which game do I attend in the afternoon. I couldn't make my mind up so I thought I'd let the good folk of owtb decide. I look forward to the decision you reach on my behalf. Many thanks.

Edited by M_OAFC

defo onto Ashton United would always be 1st choice after tics - my second team a couple of pints b4 and after friendly club

mossley would have bee a next option they going well thi year, never really onsidered goin to Oldham Town no sure why

and would never go to Tameside council FC(stalybridge)

Mossley all the way... nothing better than watching some cup football for a start, always makes it more entertaining for a neutral as you know something is really at stake... and the bar down at Seel park is an absolute winner, watch the game if its chucking it down witha pint in your hand...

I'd be down there if I lived up north and Latics werent at home, mainly as I used to play for them as a kid so i have a big soft spot for them....

Went to watch a random FA Cup prelim round match the other week when latics were at colchester (as one of my mates was playing), Stewarts & Loyds Corby FC Vs Croydon Corinthians - one of the best days out i've had watching football (not latics) ever... the fact it was the Cup made it even better (and the 5 or so pints in the clubhouse which had a balcony overlooking the pitch)

Guest M_OAFC
I might be tempted to go along to Oldham Town with you if that's the winner. I've actually never been to a none-League match, never been tempted by any of them down here tbh.

No worries mate you're very welcome to come along wherever I end up, and Oldham Town is certaily winning the poll at the moment.

They probably have the worst ground I've seen for the level they're at but the beer was alright last time I was in their bar and we all know that's the most important thing!

Not sure whether they have Setanata so if we want to wind up a pub full of Manure fans we might only have time for one in the club bar after the game before we move on but I'm sure we'll manage to squeeze one in at half time and one or two before kick off if they're open that early bearing in mind that everybody turns up 5 mins before kick off at this level. If they're not we can always go in the Britania on Hollins Rd (near the ground) pre-match and watch what remains of Birmingham V QPR.

Guest M_OAFC
Anyway, which way did the vote go? And who won the game?

:drinking45: :drinking45: :drinking45:

The mighty Oldham Town won the poll and the match, upsetting a Congleton Town side from a division higher to record a 1-0 victory and progress into the 1st Round proper of the FA Vase. Cracking goal as well! Town keeper Matty Blair was the stand out player although the champagne moment has to go to Congleton's Kit, proudly sporting the name of the club's official sponsors..........none other than STD!!!!! Much to the amusement of Leeslover!

Naturally, the club bar was put to good use as well :grin: