*Stockport special*

mastap

All tics fans going to the game tomorrow! The abbey inn in oldham will be selling at £2** a drink* from 12-5pm to all fans wearing an oldham shirt! I'm aware some people have to sit in the home end and as a result wont be wearing colours! As a result of this if you produce a programme purchased this season from the club I will also accept this to get the discounted offer!

I will be working the bar and at 5 going to stockport! any like-minded latics fans who fancy a few bevvies before the game feel free to join us!

*drinks on offer are: carling, strongbow, john smiths, V.S. San miguel and Becks

**Bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale will also be on offer at a reduced rate of £2.30 per bottle.

***ADDITIONAL OFFERS AND PROMOTIONS FOR GROUPS (more than 7)!!!

Bacon/Sausage butties + drink* will also be available 12-2 at £3.00 (subject to availability)

I'd love to say no but due to gordon i'm a fat scottish b*stard brown, tax increases have seen average prices sore! the average price for a pint on the outskirts of oldham (in that area) is around £2.50 per pint! And for groups of 7 or more there are more offers available! contact me for details!!!

haha I aint tryna kid anyone! I know it aint the deal of the centurary! Its just cheaper than usual, for fans who all wanna meet together before the game! No bull:censored:! jus abit of music, some drinks and a decent atmosphere!!!

Unfortunately there isnt much time for word of mouth to spread! I got dumped with my brothers pub ( which I'm ashamed to say is on the verge of dying!) this morning with 2 hours notice to open! I'm just trying to get a few latics fans in the place and make the most of an afternoon before the match! and if word of mouth does spread and you come in a larger group, like I said I will do additional offers for groups of 7 or more!

I'm jus tryna make the best out of a bad situation, and sort out proper football fans along the way!

p.s. I forgot to mention, any customers in scum shirts will see a 100% price rise between 12-5! :grin:

Guest oa_exile
No offence but you'd have to pay me £2 a pint to drink in the Abbey!

I used to drink in the Abbey in my Oldham College days , side show as the Buzzcocks also drank in there , happy days :applause1:

Guest oa_exile
You must have been at least 30 when the Buzzcocks were at their pomp. Mature student, exile?

I was at Oldham College between 79-81 when The Buzzcocks were at their pomp ^_^ and trust me I was not 30 at the time :) think you are getting me mixed up with D_S :wink: (or I hope you are :blink: )

The Abbey?? Hahahahahaha

BRING BACK JAN AND THE AWFULLY RANK CHIPS, CHEESE AND GRAVY IN THE RAT INFESTED KITCHEN. Yummy!!!!

What a dive of a pub that was when I was at college. As for the prices. Absolutely scandelous. Bet the great unwashed avoid it just as much as everyone migrated to the 'ring of feathers' for proper cheap alcohol. That was until people finally turned 18 and decided to spend their days on Yorkshire street instead.

I wouldnt go in the Abbey if you paid me now. Full of people too lazy to go the Castle or Whittles.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I was at Oldham College between 79-81 when The Buzzcocks were at their pomp ^_^ and trust me I was not 30 at the time :) think you are getting me mixed up with D_S :wink: (or I hope you are :blink: )

Steve Diggle used to attend the Tech from 1977 to 1979,went in the Abbey with him a few times.I once said you wil never get anywhere with a name like that!

The Abbey?? Hahahahahaha

BRING BACK JAN AND THE AWFULLY RANK CHIPS, CHEESE AND GRAVY IN THE RAT INFESTED KITCHEN. Yummy!!!!

What a dive of a pub that was when I was at college. As for the prices. Absolutely scandelous. Bet the great unwashed avoid it just as much as everyone migrated to the 'ring of feathers' for proper cheap alcohol. That was until people finally turned 18 and decided to spend their days on Yorkshire street instead.

I wouldnt go in the Abbey if you paid me now. Full of people too lazy to go the Castle or Whittles.

For a starters the castle's only open friday n saturday nights! secondly whittles prices are scandalous.

The kitchen has never had rats! although it did have field mice about 3 years ago (which most of that side of oldham does), which was sorted out! as for the ring of feathers! It was closed down and lost its premises license for underage drinking and the selling of drugs over 2 years ago!

Ohh and btw, I drink in whittles and castle aswell! So dont bother tryna sell em to me, I already think they're a good night out....

......If you've saved a weeks wage for it!

did the offer work?

good look turning the pub around, cant fault you for trying

Indeed. But it'll always have the image from 5/6 years ago when I used to go in when it was very much a run down dive, on it's arse. I know it's changed since then. As I Think the last time I went in was about two years ago and even then I walked back out within 10 minutes.

I know what the R.O.F got shut down for. I got drunk underage enough time's in there - and offered more pills off dodgy lads off limeside than you get in a smarties tube. By the time the police actually decided one day to search the pub and ask absolutely everyone for i.d, I was 18 by that point and was one of about 8 people who wasnt thrown out of the pub. :lol: Same happened at the Abbey once or twice, but to be expected - same went for the 3 crowns and Bank Top Tavern, though for some reason pretty much everyone seemed to avoid the pink fun pub just next door to the Abbey. Ooo Err!!!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I got drunk underage enough time's in there - and offered more pills off dodgy lads off limeside than you get in a smarties tube.

Why is it that when referring to 'rough' parts of Oldham it's always 'off' and 'on' rather than 'from' and 'in'?

For example, he lives 'on' Derker. She's 'off' Holts. Suppose it makes a little sense when referring to estates such as Holts but I've always thought it weird, as have non-locals who have heard me say this sort of thing....