Eards. Right back or midfielder

Agree 100% with Melia. Eardley is a class act at this level, especially for someone so young.

And he's twice the player Lomax is.

we can only guess at that as Lomax doesn't play in his preferred position!..Eardley at left back, Lomax at right...would there be masses of difference? just a thought

we can only guess at that as Lomax doesn't play in his preferred position!..Eardley at left back, Lomax at right...would there be masses of difference? just a thought

Eardley is 19 years old. He is a decent footballer who will improve - for me he has two areas that need working on:

His distribution - still gives the ball away too often

His positional sense - often loses his winger

For me his true position is midfield - he is fast, strong in the tackle and has a decent shot on him. Friday's game was crying out for some of that in the centre of the park.

I would continue the experiment from last season - he wasn't half bad in midfield was he?

:grin:

Edited by TheBigDog

Eardley is 19 years old. He is a decent footballer who will improve - for me he has two areas that need working on:

His distribution - still gives the ball away too often

His positional sense - often loses his winger

For me his true position is midfield - he is fast, strong in the tackle and has a decent shot on him. Friday's game was crying out for some of that in the centre of the park.

I would continue the experiment from last season - he wasn't half bad in midfield was he?

:grin:

He was excellent in midfield plenty of energy, he can tackle (tho id consider revising that claim after fridays show) and has a cracking shot on him. My major issue with him at right back is too often hes poor under pressure just gets rid and considers that job done which goes back to your point about distribution.

For those who suggest Eards in midfield...do i take it that Ratboy/Whitts will have to be dropped to accomodate

It would depend really on whether or not we were to stick with the 442 formation. I feel teams are starting to dominate us in the middle, hence why we have gone off the boil slightly. Allott and Whitts seem to be chasing shadows at times, but thats likely to be the case if the opposition puts an extra player in the middle of the park. Id like us to play a 433/451 formation personally, but I am not sure if Shez is a fan of this tactic.

If I was picking the team it would probably be:

GK Crossely

LB Byrne/Jones

CB Greegs

CB Hazell

RB Lomax

DM Allott

CM Eardley

CM Whitiker

LW/FW Davies

RW/FW Taylor

ST Hughes

I feel we maybe a more solid unit with this line up, but what do i know:)

*edited forgot about Taylor!!

Edited by wozz_oafc

It would depend really on whether or not we were to stick with the 442 formation. I feel teams are starting to dominate us in the middle, hence why we have gone off the boil slightly. Allott and Whitts seem to be chasing shadows at times, but thats likely to be the case if the opposition puts an extra player in the middle of the park. Id like us to play a 433/451 formation personally, but I am not sure if Shez is a fan of this tactic.

If I was picking the team it would probably be:

GK Crossely

LB Byrne/Jones

CB Greegs

CB Hazell

RB Lomax

DM Allott

CM Eardley

CM Whitiker

LW/FW Davies

RW/FW Smalley

ST Hughes

I feel we maybe a more solid unit with this line up, but what do i know:)

Erm, Taylor?