arrests on friday

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
lol....you can knock ten tons out of people but dont you dare go on the pitch :lol:

Lol yeah, the only reason I say that is because he got taken round the pitch and into the police box.

All comes down to evidence...unless they had them on CCTV its pointless to charge...probably down to that....

i would have thought coppers giving statements saying they arrested them for fighting would suffice? if you smacked me in the street, then i smacked you back and a copper saw it he would probably nick me

suprised they let people go after leading them over the pitch

It's not surprising really that they let people go. Entering the pitch IS a criminal offence for which you can be arrested as stated on the ground regulations. As I stated on an earlier post going in a home section is not a criminal offence as far as I remember, so all they can do is eject you from the ground at their discetion unless you commit a criminal offence such as ABH/GBH etc.

Cheers,

Harry

Guest sheridans_world
i would have thought coppers giving statements saying they arrested them for fighting would suffice? if you smacked me in the street, then i smacked you back and a copper saw it he would probably nick me

Is that a threat? :grin:

One or both of us would be arrested but I dounbt either of us would be charged as it wouldnt stand up in court unless it was on CCTV / witness (not coppers) agreed to make statements.....

They might get away with giving you a fine on the street but they wouldnt be able to get a criminal conviction or banning order simply on the coppers word...

The police know people think that their word counts and they try to make you plead guility but any breif will tell you thats complete rubbish and unless they have some real evidence/witness statements they will lose....

If you think about it....any other way and it would be like watching Judge Dreed where he is the Judge as well as the arressting officer :)

Edited by oafc0000

After the fighting broke out I went to the trouble of describing to a Stockport steward the identity of one of the assailants, who had been hitting and kicking the victims. He referred me to one of our stewards, who I asked to bring it to the attention of the police, as it should have been caught on CCTV.

SCFC has now made an official statement on Friday's trouble.

I've followed it up with an email to SCFC to ask what progress has been made on my information.

After the fighting broke out I went to the trouble of describing to a Stockport steward the identity of one of the assailants, who had been hitting and kicking the victims. He referred me to one of our stewards, who I asked to bring it to the attention of the police, as it should have been caught on CCTV.

I've followed it up with an email to SCFC to ask what progress has been made on my information.

Official statement

Linky Linky

It doesn't mention though whether or not the Stockport County FC Ticket Office Trivia Challenge questions will be reviewed :grin:

White top by any chance? Scumbag!

E4e

BGRAT

"In a situation that was difficult to manage..."

What, by positioning all the police at the Oldham end you mean?

on saturday they said 'after the oldham fans were removed' today they say theyre 'happy visiting supporters in home stands were kept to a minimum'

i would be interested to know if the author actually believes what (s)he is typing.

No contradiction in that statement.