arrests on friday

Except that there were loads in there not celebrating and it could have been kept to a minimum by giving a larger area to away fans. That would have done the job. The mutual backslapping by a bunch of morons that didn't do their job correctly resulting in violence at that match should have a different tone. To say the club are satisfied with anything off the pitch on Friday is nothing short of frightening as the aforementioned morons seem to have learnt nothing.

Ah well, at least there was more than one turnstile open this year.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the fighting broke out I went to the trouble of describing to a Stockport steward the identity of one of the assailants, who had been hitting and kicking the victims. He referred me to one of our stewards, who I asked to bring it to the attention of the police, as it should have been caught on CCTV.

SCFC has now made an official statement on Friday's trouble.

I've followed it up with an email to SCFC to ask what progress has been made on my information.

I have received the follwing reply to my email:

I don't think at this stage there is anything that can be added to the comments on the club's website. The club will be working with the police to identify culprits.

Your email has been forwarded to the right person in th club, and if it helps I will ensure that GMP know they can contact you.

Regards

Dan Levy

for

Stockport County FC

Except that there were loads in there not celebrating and it could have been kept to a minimum by giving a larger area to away fans. That would have done the job. The mutual backslapping by a bunch of morons that didn't do their job correctly resulting in violence at that match should have a different tone. To say the club are satisfied with anything off the pitch on Friday is nothing short of frightening as the aforementioned morons seem to have learnt nothing.

Ah well, at least there was more than one turnstile open this year.

Oh dear. You'll be talking about the Police then I presume ?

Oh dear. You'll be talking about the Police then I presume ?

I'll believe that the Police requested a lower number of tickets resulting in mixed fan areas rather than segregated into two different stands when they say it, rather than some guy on the Internet who has a mate who was told by someone at the club that the Police didn't want to do that.

I'll believe that the Police requested a lower number of tickets resulting in mixed fan areas rather than segregated into two different stands when they say it, rather than some guy on the Internet who has a mate who was told by someone at the club that the Police didn't want to do that.

Oh dear. Try to have a rational conversation will you.

Which is more feasible?

Stockport refuse to give Oldham more tickets as their Season Ticket holders would kick up a fuss about being shifted. This results in Oldham fans in the home end and fighting.

The Police refuse to let Stockport move their own fans into a different stand and Oldham to have a bigger area with better segregation (which has been done before so clearly can be undertaken). Resulting in Oldham fans in the home end and fighting.

I know which one I think is more likely. Not saying that whoever has put the latter about is lying, I just won't believe it until I see evidence of it.

Or is it me criticising the 'we have done well' attitude of your club (which stinks) that you don't understand?

Which is more feasible?

Stockport refuse to give Oldham more tickets as their Season Ticket holders would kick up a fuss about being shifted. This results in Oldham fans in the home end and fighting.

The Police refuse to let Stockport move their own fans into a different stand and Oldham to have a bigger area with better segregation (which has been done before so clearly can be undertaken). Resulting in Oldham fans in the home end and fighting.

I know which one I think is more likely. Not saying that whoever has put the latter about is lying, I just won't believe it until I see evidence of it.

Or is it me criticising the 'we have done well' attitude of your club (which stinks) that you don't understand?

You can believe what you like. I doubt you'll ever see any 'evidence' of it but you might want to look at the comments made by your own club official to which I responded in this or the other thread.

Of course, you'll obviously know about the changes which have occured recently with regard to the policing of our matches (thanks to that gobby owner of Wigan) so you will be speaking from a position of knowledge ? Not just the fact that something different happened x years ago ?

Stockport are playing it all down called Spin. Stockport do not want a big fine of the FA, most goes of the referee reports and also if it looks like all hell broke out could mean tighter restrictions for games against clubs like Crewe, Huddersfield, Leeds and future games to come.

Do Stocky really want to lose more matchday earnings? could even get them in trouble with there landlords.

Stockport are playing it all down called Spin. Stockport do not want a big fine of the FA, most goes of the referee reports and also if it looks like all hell broke out could mean tighter restrictions for games against clubs like Crewe, Huddersfield, Leeds and future games to come.

Do Stocky really want to lose more matchday earnings? could even get them in trouble with there landlords.

Visiting sides can be fined for 'failing to control their fans'.

I'd suggest both sides should play this situation down. There could be two losers and no winners.

That's just so far off the mark it just shows a complete lack of knowledge for how these things work.

That's just so far off the mark it just shows a complete lack of knowledge for how these things work.

What things work?

Are you seriously trying to defend your clubs stance on away fans?

Ive not read the thread as i really had enough from Friday, but basically (from how i read it) you seem to like the confrontation as you know that there will be excessive numbers of away fans at EP who will bring a lot more than us and County's stance on 2000 tickets will cause bigger implications when bigger teams come, and say you play a team who need a win at the end of the season.

Throughout the season you will find more away fans in the home ends, and the majority will go in the CE through lack of knowledge and maybe they know county fans are game!

What things work?

Are you seriously trying to defend your clubs stance on away fans?

Ive not read the thread as i really had enough from Friday, but basically (from how i read it) you seem to like the confrontation as you know that there will be excessive numbers of away fans at EP who will bring a lot more than us and County's stance on 2000 tickets will cause bigger implications when bigger teams come, and say you play a team who need a win at the end of the season.

Throughout the season you will find more away fans in the home ends, and the majority will go in the CE through lack of knowledge and maybe they know county fans are game!

You need to read this thread (and others) then because most of that is based on groundless asumption. You again seem to conveniently forget the Police were involved. Go and read the quote from your own club official in your local rag, I've quoted it in this or another thread, which is bang on the mark.

Go and read the quote from your own club official in your local rag, I've quoted it in this or another thread, which is bang on the mark.

You can't possibly mean the Chron, you'd be lucky if it had the right date on it.

It was simply down to the Police who did not want more that a few thousand Latics about on a Friday night.

Whether the decision was down to the police or Stockport County it was the wrong decision. That's not a case of speaking with hindsight. It was obvious from the day the allocation was announced that there would be fans in the home end and as such I wasn't surprised that there was trouble when we scored. I was surprised, however at the extremity of the reaction from the County fans, and the number of fans who got involved.

Whether the decision was down to the police or Stockport County it was the wrong decision. That's not a case of speaking with hindsight. It was obvious from the day the allocation was announced that there would be fans in the home end and as such I wasn't surprised that there was trouble when we scored. I was surprised, however at the extremity of the reaction from the County fans, and the number of fans who got involved.

The real issue for me is that irrespective of the fact that the latics fans had gone into a home end - they should not have been so viciously attacked. Also - we all knew that a number of Oldham fans would be in the Cheadle End - why were the police not better prepared?

Edited by TheBigDog

People who bought tickets in the main home stand and were willing to celebrate if Latics score were probably wondering, 'whats the worst that will happen?' Well that was near the top of the list.

I bet they have learned their lesson and will buy Latics World instead.

The reaction by the County fans was OTT however if they had kept their mouths shut when we scored or not gone in there at all then they would have been ok.

To be fair they saw the goal and didn't have to sit through the garbage we served up 2nd half so not all bad.