Chaddy End - PA System

Just wondered what everyone's thoughts about it were in terms of volume.

Yesterday against Hereford I had real problems having a conversation with anyone before the match or at half-time because of the volume. Does anyone else agree? I'm happy to conceed to popular opinion so if everyone likes it like that then no worries.

It used to be that'd I'd leave the match with my ears ringing from the crowd... now I leave with my ears ringing because of the PA system o_O. (btw, I don't sit particularly close to a speaker just in case anyone is wondering).

Not too much Franny talking but mic's left switched on and music not being correctly is more of a problem.

Re mic being left switched on,I was going to mention this.Happened in last home game also at similar stage just before h-t.A bit amateurish & VERY ANNOYING!!!

Guest oa_exile
...........as you cannot hear it at all in the RRE

but im in the RRE now and you have to really concentrate to hear it

Is this classed as a double post ? ^_^

I have to stick up for Franny here. I text him to say I could hear a mic switched on and he went looking for the problem. There is more than 1 mic and they've been having trouble with interference. He only has 1 pair of ears and can't hear how things sound in all stands. I also tell him if it's too loud or too quiet, but I didn't think it was too loud yesterday.

I have to stick up for Franny here. I text him to say I could hear a mic switched on and he went looking for the problem. There is more than 1 mic and they've been having trouble with interference. He only has 1 pair of ears and can't hear how things sound in all stands. I also tell him if it's too loud or too quiet, but I didn't think it was too loud yesterday.

Did you hear 'Guns of Navarone'? If so, how many times?

I'm going to be honest now, I didn't vote for any song as I didn't know what a lot of them were. I just typed that into Youtube and I'm glad he doesn't play it! But that's my opinion. You can't please everyone. I know some people have told him they don't agree with that song.

I'm going to be honest now, I didn't vote for any song as I didn't know what a lot of them were. I just typed that into Youtube and I'm glad he doesn't play it! But that's my opinion. You can't please everyone. I know some people have told him they don't agree with that song.

Irrespective of whether you like a song or not (or voted for it or not) and to be honest I like the tune, but I'm not too fussed about 'celebration' music. There was a club commissioned vote into which song should be played after a goal and Guns won it. Whether you agree with it or not THAT is the song that should be played - not just ignored because Franny doesn't like it! He should therefore be playing it...or else don't kid us that we have some input.

You are right that he can't hear in every stand etc (hence the reason it has been brought up by people in said stand)...but the music that is played is something he has complete control over.

Irrespective of whether you like a song or not (or voted for it or not) and to be honest I like the tune, but I'm not too fussed about 'celebration' music. There was a club commissioned vote into which song should be played after a goal and Guns won it. Whether you agree with it or not THAT is the song that should be played - not just ignored because Franny doesn't like it! He should therefore be playing it...or else don't kid us that we have some input.

You are right that he can't hear in every stand etc (hence the reason it has been brought up by people in said stand)...but the music that is played is something he has complete control over.

For a start Franny doesn't play the music, he's stood on the pitch. I never said Franny didn't like the song, I said people have told him they don't like it. He could love it for all I know.