Anyone else get this at work

My dad, who likewise has no interest in football, will sometimes phone me up when we have just gone two down or something, and say,” not doing very well, are you?” half piss taking, half making conversation. I have given up swearing, or going along with it, and tend to not answer or hang up.

My director does it, i wouldnt mind but he is a Bradford City fan!

last place i worked at the majority of people were fine...we had red blues arsenal even a tranmere fan....and about 4 tics fans,every monday it was always light hearted banter,and everyone was always happy...

this place i work now your either a red or a blue,if your not you get shunned.....the reds take the pi$4 out the blues n vice versa..there are 3 latics fans on various shifts and we just take the piss out the lot of them.....

I get it...but only mainly coz I've had a £100 bet with a dirty red that we will finish in the top 6. Will be like taking candy off a baby! All I said to him today when he started was "we're too good for it to carry on as it is at the moment"...I've never uttered them words before, but once we get past this blip I'll be proven right and he'll be handing over 5 of them lovely purple notes! :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

All the time. My watch consists of 1 Tic (that'd be me), 1 stockport fan, 1 sheff weds, 1 burnley, 1 newcastle, 1 city, 2 united and 2 not arsed's. Who says the fire service isnt an equal opportunities employer! What they're all doing working in Miles Platting is beyond me tho.........

I've had a bet with the Weds fan that we'll finish higher in our league than they in theirs..... Worrying a little now.

Oh, and incidently, in games between the teams, its oldham 0 , others 2! Dreading drawing any of the other 4 in the cup!

My director does it, i wouldnt mind but he is a Bradford City fan!

At my old place we had 4 reds , 2 city , 1 Leeds and 1 Iiverpool.

By the time i left we had 3 latics , 1 Red (2nd team Latics) , 1 50% City/50% Latics , 1 50% liverpool/50% Latics and i left the Leeds fan alone.No good working on lost causes.

After last tuedays defeat at Brizzle whilst in a pub (where the red scum were on), this guy walked past me and said - "":censored: result that, we should have had 4 points from Leicester and these, and we've got 1!!""

He proceeded to sit down, watching the tv, at which point Rooney (Shrek) had a chance, to which he shouted "GO ON ROONSTER!!""

WTF??? :mad::redcard: What a confused dibdob

After last tuedays defeat at Brizzle whilst in a pub (where the red scum were on), this guy walked past me and said - "":censored: result that, we should have had 4 points from Leicester and these, and we've got 1!!""

He proceeded to sit down, watching the tv, at which point Rooney (Shrek) had a chance, to which he shouted "GO ON ROONSTER!!""

Maybe it was that RedRoyalBlue fella that used to frequent the old board.

might be a fantasy football thing, ive heard some people can take it far too seriously :peepwall:

My dad, who likewise has no interest in football, will sometimes phone me up when we have just gone two down or something, and say,” not doing very well, are you?” half piss taking, half making conversation. I have given up swearing, or going along with it, and tend to not answer or hang up.
your dad supports man u scummers then