This whole two at home, two away thing....

Has this always happened so regularly...???

Really annoying as it ends up really scewing the table as teams never play the same amount of games at home and away as each other.... its no surprise that the teams that have done really well over the last week are the teams that have had two at home... scunny, Leeds, bin-dippers etc... and not only have we had two away - we have had two bloody away in the south west...

I'd assume it may be because teams request to play at home at the weekend rather than midweek, so its the only way to do it when you are squeezing 4 games in two weeks.... but as far as i'm concerned, there will only be a balanced look about the table at 6pm on saturday....

Theres nothing like 2 games at fortress BP to make the masses a happy bunch again! :pray:

Last week there were some daft fixtures on the Tuesday. Some crazy trips for midweek.

Yeovil v Crewe, Leeds v Orient, Scunny v Southend, Brentford v Morecambe.

Great stuff <_<

They claim to put a lot of planning into them. Yeah, looks like it.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

After yeovil we go to..

Cheltenham

Northampton

Southend

all consecutive, all away.

Exactly - its bloody stupid... right, yeah yeah, we should be winning all our games, yadda, yadda, yadda... but is quite hard to build up any form when you havent got a home game for a couple of weeks...

Now, I dont want to start making excuses... but two home games then send you to bloomin Northampton and Southend... surely things could be planned a little better than that?

.. I've always thougt that after a tough away trip, you then get a home game to balance things out... just doesnt seem to happen these days... so many teams in this division will end up winning 2 games, losing two games etc..etc..etc..

How does staying over for a few nights save cash?

Do they travel on the day of the game or stay over for a night match, depending on distance etc, if they dont stay over it will save cash. I didnt mean staying between the games.

Do they travel on the day of the game or stay over for a night match, depending on distance etc, if they dont stay over it will save cash. I didnt mean staying between the games.

Last week they travelled down on the day for Bristol, but stayed over on Friday night before Swindon.

Has this always happened so regularly...???

Really annoying as it ends up really scewing the table as teams never play the same amount of games at home and away as each other.... its no surprise that the teams that have done really well over the last week are the teams that have had two at home... scunny, Leeds, bin-dippers etc... and not only have we had two away - we have had two bloody away in the south west...

I'd assume it may be because teams request to play at home at the weekend rather than midweek, so its the only way to do it when you are squeezing 4 games in two weeks.... but as far as i'm concerned, there will only be a balanced look about the table at 6pm on saturday....

Theres nothing like 2 games at fortress BP to make the masses a happy bunch again! :pray:

How does that work Bigfin, someone has to play away!

But I suppose its a balance. Long midweek trips mean a stayover so more expense, but playiong nearer teams at home during the week probably means a biggger crowd.

So Southend away mid week and then Walsall at home Saturday is bett than the other way round.

How does that work Bigfin, someone has to play away!

But I suppose its a balance. Long midweek trips mean a stayover so more expense, but playiong nearer teams at home during the week probably means a biggger crowd.

So Southend away mid week and then Walsall at home Saturday is bett than the other way round.

Not quite singe... my point (as you explain too) is about home games on a saturday... if you did it alternately a team would not get a home game on a weekend in two weeks, which I would assume would give higher revenue - this way one out of the four is a saturday home game, whereas if you alternated it, you would be away twice on a saturday, or home twice on a saturday...

There is logic to the madness :wink:

If we're serious about promotion, match preparation is everything and an overnight stay before the game an absolute must.

Match preparation is key but I wouldn't say an overnight stay before the game is an absolute must. For example its about 3 and a bit hours to Bristol in standard traffic (I know it can take longer but I would think 3 and a bit hours is about average). That means for the Bristol game midweek the lads could have had some light training in the morning (with a Bristol bias- eg defending set pieces), a lunch at midday and headed off after lunch with a pre-match meal about 4.30-5pm and come home after the game. Swindon on a saturday (a slightly longer drive) might mean an overnight stay though as to ensure the coach got to the ground at 1.30-2pm it would have to leave Oldham about 8.30-9am which is quite early and doesn't leave time for a pre-match meal which is key (service station burgers don't count). Some rich teams have their players stay in a hotel Friday night when they're at home but I don't think we can afford that. Its about cost-effectiveness what would you rather have the wages for an extra player or the players to stay overnight a lot more frequently.

What I find stranger still is tonight's Championship fixtures. Bristol City/Sheff Utd, Derby/Norwich, and Wolves/Swansea. They've already played each other, and we're a quarterway through the season...

That's a good point you make...I'd missed that. It's a shame, I wouldn't have minded a bet on that Derby/Norwich game :wink::grin:

PS Just looked up Saturdays fixtures and expected Scummy to be away again. Wrong...they will play their 3rd home game in 4 games this Saturday! Seems highly unfair, somehow. They've got Swindon...looking at that and other of our rivals fixtures we really could do with no slip ups on Saturday as I expect all of Leeds, Millwall, Scummy, Leicester and the Posh to win.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I must say that I wasn't in agreement with the Football League supercomputer (:computer:) until just noticing that Yeovil are currently trekking back down the motorway from the gayfarm.

Bet they can't wait to bus it back oop north again on Sat'day.

soooo unfair innit,every away games a trek for them lot,don't know the fixtures but imagine them playing hartlepool n carlisle away midweek,soul destroying for the fans.ktf.