Fantastic distribution for the second, then another sublime piece of distribution for the third. :wink:

He played well,not too surprising since he's a good player. He's been around a while but still hasn't turned 20 and is still learning. Well played Neal but woe betide you the next misplaced pass you make.

It's amazing what he can do when he's able to get far enough forward...ie. able to overlap with Lids, with Lids filling in. That's what happened during that tremendous period we had two years ago (that began around this time and ended with that 5-0 Forest drubbing)...let's hope that tactic continues. That's how to get the best out of Eardley, Lids and the whole right side.

It's amazing what he can do when he's able to get far enough forward...ie. able to overlap with Lids, with Lids filling in. That's what happened during that tremendous period we had two years ago (that began around this time and ended with that 5-0 Forest drubbing)...let's hope that tactic continues. That's how to get the best out of Eardley, Lids and the whole right side.

I agree there, When Smalley plays ahead of him he doesnt track back therefore leaving Eards to defend alot, however when Lidds plays Eards gets alot more freedom

I loved his "non" celebration for the third, he looked more embarrassed than anything. :D

I agree there, When Smalley plays ahead of him he doesnt track back therefore leaving Eards to defend alot, however when Lidds plays Eards gets alot more freedom

I loved his "non" celebration for the third, he looked more embarrassed than anything. :D

Or he could have been worried about celebrating in case the 'Anti Earley' dibdob brigade give him some of their priceless knowledge of football

Some nutter in the Rocky Road end giving him complete abuse (even after he set up 2 goals) - was sooo directed at one player only - really did not understand the hatred towards one of his own players - beggars belie sometimes !

Before anybody comments, I was not the nutter in the Rochdale Rd. end. Also, I'm most definately not anti-Eardley, I just think his talents are best suited elsewhere on the pitch.

Couldn't make last night as I was stuck in the office here until 6.30 and the police aren't fond of me doing 175 miles in 75 minutes so had to rely on the commentary and post match comments from the OWTB luminaries.

The World team praised on several occasions Eardley in forward positions but also commented worryingly about him in defence. Also the comments on this post are generally all about him in an attacking role.

So, please enlighten me!!!

Edited by mikejh45

Before anybody comments, I was not the nutter in the Rochdale Rd. end. Also, I'm most definately not anti-Eardley, I just think his talents are best suited elsewhere on the pitch.

Couldn't make last night as I was stuck in the office here until 6.30 and the police aren't fond of me doing 175 miles in 75 minutes so had to rely on the commentary and post match comments from the OWTB luminaries.

The World team praised on several occasions Eardley in forward positions but also commented worryingly about him in defence. Also the comments on this post are generally all about him in an attacking role.

So, please enlighten me!!!

Had a very solid game last night. Linked well with Lids when going forward, distribution (passing!!!) was much improved and defensively he was rarely troubled.

Oh and btw he set 2 goals up!!

Most certainly not Razza.

I thought at times in the second half he looked as though he was running through treacle.

If he has taken a knock then fair do's, if not the lad needs some serious fitness training.

KtF,

Derek.

Maybe the international fixtures catching up with him.

To be honest he had a lot of running to do last night with their winger