One player who flapped a little tonight.

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

Call me Derek Wilson ( :wink: ) but Chris Taylor didnt do it for me tonight. In a team that played as well as they did tonight, Taylor wasnt up to the pace. I wonder if he is carrying a knock because in the first half (When defending) he was constantly a yard off his marker. Maybe he is next on the list to be rested?

Anyway, enough negativity! Doo doo doo Lewis Alesandra!

Call me Derek Wilson ( :wink: ) but Chris Taylor didnt do it for me tonight. In a team that played as well as they did tonight, Taylor wasnt up to the pace. I wonder if he is carrying a knock because in the first half (When defending) he was constantly a yard off his marker. Maybe he is next on the list to be rested?

It's hard for him when teams double, and sometimes treble, up on him, but I thought his ball retention was fantastic today.

Guest sheridans_world
It's hard for him when teams double, and sometimes treble, up on him, but I thought his ball retention was fantastic today.

That might be the problem, he's being marked out of the game. Its a good tactic employed by teams and we obviously exploit the gaps it creates, its just a shame it stifles a player who has such an influence.

I thought he had an absolute blinder personally, but most of the team did.

Hmmm, the player I thought wasn't his usual self was greegs. Lots of clearances, but often somewhat aimless, with scunny often picking up his clearances to attack again in the 1st half. That's not to say he wasn't good, 'cos making the clearance often solves the problem, but it made me wonder about his injury situation with his back, leaving him struggling with options when clearing the ball?

Hmmm, the player I thought wasn't his usual self was greegs. Lots of clearances, but often somewhat aimless, with scunny often picking up his clearances to attack again in the 1st half. That's not to say he wasn't good, 'cos making the clearance often solves the problem, but it made me wonder about his injury situation with his back, leaving him struggling with options when clearing the ball?

He invited pressure endlessly with his clearances...ala Branston used to. As for Taylor, thought he did well and linked up well, sometimes mesmerising their FB. Linked with Jones well...happy with both performances tonight on the left.

He invited pressure endlessly with his clearances...ala Branston used to. As for Taylor, thought he did well and linked up well, sometimes mesmerising their FB. Linked with Jones well...happy with both performances tonight on the left.

Certainly, his clearances in the first half left a lot to be desired but to suggest a comparison with Branston is just plain mean! :disappointed:

Cant say I agree whatsoever

He has been playing enough seasons now to be playing week in week out!!

Edited by razza699

Jones got a lot tighter to his marker tonight and some of his and Taylors link up play was great to watch (in particular, that 'back heel' of Taylors to Jones in 2nd half...class) Taylor seemed to cause their full back no end of problems when he was running at them and then coming inside.

I can only presume you saw Taylor in Tescos at 4;30 or something and he has upset you :D

Taylor and Jones linked up superbly on the left, Whitts and Allot where solid in Mid, apart from a little bit of the first half, Rubes and Greegs were solid, Neal set 2 up, Lidds fired in useful crosses, Crosso made some quality saves and kicks, Allessandra and Hughes superb - brilliant match - came out smiling like a Cheshire cat - a real pleasure!

replied on the wrong post there pal!!!!

yeah he prob would do but didnt agree with he was rubbish last night tho...

Totally disagree with original post - i thought Taylshad a very solid game; considering he was being double & sometimes triple marked. He held the ball up well with his back to goal, when he was facing goal he ran positively & caused their FB no end of bother, he linked up really well with Jonesy & was really unlucky not to score with the shot that hitthe post.

so, all in all, i'd say he didn't flap at all. No one did - 1 to 11 were really good last night.

Thought Taylor kept possession really well last night. He wasn't his usual marauding self though, he had to drop back and help Jones out quite a few times but rarely when he had the ball in a tight corner he relinquished possession. In fact, the way we kept possession well was the key to our good performance IMO.