Immence

PRIDE, PASSION, and BELIEF all showed thereselves tonite, welcome back, if i had to pick a negative, (and i feel it needs mentioning) the fact they had yet another free header from a set piece, luckily it was a defender and not a goalscorer...need to stop givin em....anyway pig in :censored:, springs to mind

PRIDE, PASSION, and BELIEF all showed thereselves tonite, welcome back, if i had to pick a negative, (and i feel it needs mentioning) the fact they had yet another free header from a set piece, luckily it was a defender and not a goalscorer...need to stop givin em....anyway pig in :censored:, springs to mind

You're kinda right with those three words, though 1 sprung to my mind all game.....TEMPO!! I thought we played at a cracking tempo right from the 1st minute and that set the tone for the rest of the match

We used the green grassy stuff to pass the ball on a lot more. When it went in the air it seemed directed away from defenders, or at strikers' chests (not 12 inches over their heads).

There was a pace to the game that was dictated by us. A belief and desire in the players which, if we're going up, will need to be evident in every game.

As for Scunny, they missed 3 fantastic chances at 0-0 and 1-0. Showed they could cut through our defence with ease at times. And then, after that magnificent second goal, fell apart.

Praise for Shez in turning those defeats in to this performance. Next time matey when you choose to rest Lewis Alessandra bring him back a little bit sooner! Well done all.

PRIDE, PASSION, and BELIEF all showed thereselves tonite, welcome back,

You're kinda right with those three words, though 1 sprung to my mind all game.....TEMPO!!

There was a pace to the game that was dictated by us. A belief and desire in the players which, if we're going up, will need to be evident in every game.

As for Scunny, they missed 3 fantastic chances at 0-0 and 1-0. Showed they could cut through our defence with ease at times. And then, after that magnificent second goal, fell apart.

Praise for Shez in turning those defeats in to this performance.

From the lucky deflection for the first goal to the second half onslaught, FORTUNE FAVOURED THE BRAVE!

2973295931_86b8736d20_o.jpg
Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Indeed Mr Jackson as mentioned last night, this free header in middle of goal six yards out needs eradicating. The one you refer to hitting the bar was not the only one last night, they also had one first half thou the player was nearer the near post on this occasion and he didn't get enough contact on it. This one flew across goal straight to a strike partner nearer the far post who misplaced it wide. I have to say the Scunny movement first half going forward was quick and excelent and opened us up a few times. However, second half Latics murdered them and 6 goals would not have flattered us in the least. Murphy in the Scunny goals body language said it all he felt like he was at the Alamo.

Indeed Mr Jackson as mentioned last night, this free header in middle of goal six yards out needs eradicating. The one you refer to hitting the bar was not the only one last night, they also had one first half thou the player was nearer the near post on this occasion and he didn't get enough contact on it. This one flew across goal straight to a strike partner nearer the far post who misplaced it wide. I have to say the Scunny movement first half going forward was quick and excelent and opened us up a few times. However, second half Latics murdered them and 6 goals would not have flattered us in the least. Murphy in the Scunny goals body language said it all he felt like he was at the Alamo.

6yards out isnt that norms area to go into!!!!

before all that hughesy goal tho would changed it all

Yes I firmly believe a keeper that commands his 6 yard box will eliminate 10 plus goals a season and stop one of tactics an opposing team may try to exploit. That said Crossley is far better than most in this league at keeping good angles to minimise the area oppo players have to aim at goal during open play. But yeah to answer your question, it's Norms area for me. Still what Jacko refers to these players are getting a challenge free, free header on goal and we've seen this now in a good number of matches back to back.

Edited by Lags

It was the best part of a minute after the final whistle before Murphy left his goal - he really did seem shellshocked!

I'd say the slickest side going forward I've seen BUT how they had the previous 2nd best defence is baffling - we tore them apart 2nd half

We looked better to me :wink: They looked dangerous mainly due to their pace. Opposition pace is always scary, but it doesn't always get them far :lol:

There was a debate around me as to who was the best team we have played at BP this season: Millwall, MK Dons, Leicester or Scunthorpe?

Both Scunny and Millwall looked extremely good going forward but did buckle under pressure. MK Dons were a decent side but lacked a cutting edge.

Leicester looked the best all round team I think.

This is going to be a close division again - consistency is the key :wink:

Gregan had it right in the Chron when he said that we needed a bit of luck and the results would turn around. He suggested a "goal in off someon'e bum". Well the first was off a back, the second seconds after they hit the bar, and the third from a miskick from Eardley. let's hope luck stays with us - because our play last night desrved a victory anyway!

Edited by LaticsPete

hughes should not be allowed into his own area, he tracked the defender who hit the bar up until the last second and left him, he conceded a pen last week, i think we all agree he does his best work further up the field.

from my view crossley could not get anywhere near the corner, he was blocked off and it was a very good delivery in the first place.