Chaddy end - Lewis' rubber stamp

** Awakes from lurking hibernation**

So do ST holders and pay on the dayers in the Chaddy not finance the club in any way Edward?

Surely if we'd all moved from the Chaddy in the close season the club would have lost money as the ST's in the RRE were cheaper.

Away fans seem easily policed now, and those that are on coaches get put straight back on them, how would the club save. I understand thats away fans in the Chaddy is a non starter anyway the Licensing Authority and the Police won't have it, they knocked the club back when they asked a few years ago, or so I was told.

The Chaddy is obviously great and fine for all of us who chose not to be seduced by the "great view (debatable) , great sound (big wow) , beer available (big :censored: WOW)! Perhaps Edward, people chose to stay in the Chaddy because, and this is an immensely radical notion, they actually enjoy watching the team they support, from that end, which has got balls all to do with moving the club forward.

Thing is if by some form of Halloween magic a bran new Broadway Stand materialised overnight and people could move in for tomorrows game there would be 200 Latics fans at the most in the RRE, and that's a fact, trust me.

I'm really happy for you Edward and for all the others who've blathered on ad nauseum about the awesome RRE, its great I'm really glad you're all enjoying it but I and a large proportion of Latics fans who still use the Chaddy are enjoying the season too, you do you're thing....... get it?

Actually though like Diego I wouldn't trust your opinion any further than I could throw Big Gordon.

Maybe its time to give this tired hackneyed old debate a rest? Just bothering about watching Latics and enjoying the good start to the season, from which stand y'all think is best for YOU and just YOU and let everybody make their own choice on how to spend the old hard earned eh?

** Departs to lurking hibernation**

Wholeheartedly agree!

i'm a season ticket holder in the rre, right next to the moat, the atmosphere has been quite good at times but in the rre its mainly kids who are bloody annoying at times i can tell you, they just stand stairing at the away fans all game swearing and trying to look hard in front of their mates. i still love the chaddy end and would be back there in a shot if they could be arsed actually singing once in a while, im not whinging about our fans as the majority are very good but i remember years ago when the chaddy was rocking even against the lesser teams and im disappointed it isnt any more. i'll be back in the side stand once the new stand is built and im sure most of the kids who now sit in the rre will go back to the chaddy and join in with their one or two songs per game. im worried once the new stand is finished and were no longer able to sit in the rre the atmosphere at BP will be totally non existent.

i still love the chaddy end and would be back there in a shot if they could be arsed actually singing once in a while,

We do still sing...just no-one can hear it :wink: Being serious though, a majority of singers have moved out of the Chaddy....it's chicken and egg....if they came back, it'd be as noisey. As it is, I and a number of others just sing as loud as possible now and glare back at those who think we're the abnormal ones for doing so. One final thing, had the team been crap this season and struggling, I'm sure the "unique" atmosphere in the RRE would be nothing like it is. It's all very circumstancial...gladly....but we'dve heard the boos, the Shez out and probably many tales of fighting amongst the fans had this been a season like Crewes. All very relative IMO.

As it is though...everyones happy. Well, except the RRE who have a perverse need to shut the Chaddy End to home fans and the Chaddy Enders who are sick of their pathetic view!

And the debate rolls on.Some of my best memories are of a very cold Tues night/damp sat afternoon, the smell of smoke everywhere, blue barriers to lean on, the smell of peoples flasks of bovril, tea and whisky wafting up your snout. Standing for 40 minutes at the back under the dim orange lights, taking in the atmosphere, just waiting until 2 minutes before kick off when guaranteed, some 6' 4 bonehead would come and stand right in front of ya!! Happy days.

The Chady End imo, has always been the 'home end'. Times change, so have the crowd and what they want from a game -The history of the Chaddy however can never be replaced. Anyway here's one of the silly polls/debates that went on

http://www.webservicesbc.com/latics/chaddy1.html"" target="_blank">CRE/RRE