Chaddy end - Lewis' rubber stamp

To underline the fact - in my opinion at least, as a life-long Chaddy Ender - that the Chaddy End is, and will remain the home 'kop' end, despite the pro-Rochdale Rd end movement, you only have to read Lewis' reaction to his second & third goals below.

"For the second goal Neal Eardley's cross was inch-perfect and for the third I caught it sweetly, it was a great feeling, especially in front of the Chaddy End, and I just wanted to go mad.

Nice one Lewis!

Edited by ronnieblair

To underline the fact - in my opinion at least, as a life-long Chaddy Ender - that the Chaddy End is, and will remain the home 'kop' end, despite the pro-Rochdale end movement, you only have to read Lewis' reaction to his second & third goals below.

“For the second goal Neal Eardley’s cross was inch-perfect and for the third I caught it sweetly – it was a great feeling, especially in front of the Chaddy End, and I just wanted to go mad.

Nice one Lewis!

I agree :D although the influx of new young hoodies in the Chaddy end is saddening

History and a downward slope make attacking the Chaddy the favourite with the team IMO.

I personally like the Chaddy End (despite the posts) and all this talk of 'acoustics' etc didn't seem to stop it being bloody noisy when we were enjoying successful times under Joe Royle.

History and a downward slope make attacking the Chaddy the favourite with the team IMO.

I personally like the Chaddy End (despite the posts) and all this talk of 'acoustics' etc didn't seem to stop it being bloody noisy when we were enjoying successful times under Joe Royle.

different roof back then though wasnt it?

I too thought the slope had disappeared, could be wrong though.

As for the roof, I think its something to do with the stupid triangular shape that keeps the vocals in. Thats why it sounds noisy in the Chaddy End but sit anywhere else and its hard to be heard.

different roof back then though wasnt it?

I've been wrong on a couple of posts already today so I thought I had better consult the 'oracle' (Alan Hardy) on this one

AH confirms what I thought. At the end of the 90/91 season the Club put a new roof on but left the original steelwork in place, so it really is the same type of roof now that it was pre 1990.

I remember that game against Wednesday - loud and no roof - :grin:

Correct - AH pointed out in his reply to me that the roof sheeting was off when we played that memorable game.

As for the roof, I think its something to do with the stupid triangular shape that keeps the vocals in. Thats why it sounds noisy in the Chaddy End but sit anywhere else and its hard to be heard.

So, we have established uneqivocably that the shape of the roof on the original steelwork remains the same as it has always been. It follows that the acoustics are the same as they have always been. Therefore, accepting that the noise used to be deafening not only in the Chaddy but also outside BP, it must mean that the only reason it is no longer deafening is that not enough people sing nowadays.

Having exploded the urban myth, let's have no more of this nonsense about poor acoustics.

I used to prefer it in the chaddy end historically, but there was one occaision when i was sat near to some-one shouting vile and non stop chants of N*gger this, and that a few years ago against chasetown (whilst sat next to a family including two young girls), with loads of people just laughing along; as well as the scally kids and lack of beer made my choose the main stand for a better view.

I really like the look of the buzz in the RRE, but prefer to watch it from that side of the main stand!

I'm getting old and I'm only 26.

It's pretty much even stevens id say for the better stand between them two right now until the new stand is built!

Edited by monkeykieran

The Chaddy might be our spiritual home, but there is unequivical evidence that having a load of Latics fans in the RRE makes all the difference.

Home league form this season:

Latics fans in large section of RRE

P5 W5 D0 L0

Latics fans in small section of RRE

P2 W0 D2 L0

Of course this is not the real reason:

Ernie flag right behind the goal

P5 W5 D0 L0

Ernie flag elsewhere

P2 W0 D2 L0

:D

Edited by Latics & England

I think any Latics fan would dream of scoring in front of the Chaddy and hopefully that will be the case in 1000 years time to. However, I do like the competition that is popping up between the Chaddy and RRE and for once this can actually be acted upon at the match. A better atmosphere has been created and thus a postive result is being acheived.

Once the Chaddy is sorted out, all the more fun will be had.

The Chaddy might be our spiritual home, but there is unequivical evidence that having a load of Latics fans in the RRE makes all the difference.

Home league form this season:

Latics fans in large section of RRE

P5 W5 D0 L0

Latics fans in small section of RRE

P2 W0 D2 L0

Of course this is not the real reason:

Ernie flag right behind the goal

P5 W5 D0 L0

Ernie flag elsewhere

P2 W0 D2 L0

:D

12-6 (I believe at present) to the Chaddy End...it's where the goals go in that counts :wink:

Lewis will fast become a legend with quotes like those :wink:

When it was standing I believe the Chaddy held 6000 and was regularly full now capacity is 3600 and is hardly ever full. Also back in those days the RRE had no roof now it does with fantastic acoustics. The acoustics thing came into play with the construction of the RRE in the 90's which meant the away fans could comfortably outsing the home fans

I've been wrong on a couple of posts already today so I thought I had better consult the 'oracle' (Alan Hardy) on this one

AH confirms what I thought. At the end of the 90/91 season the Club put a new roof on but left the original steelwork in place, so it really is the same type of roof now that it was pre 1990.

Correct - AH pointed out in his reply to me that the roof sheeting was off when we played that memorable game.

So, we have established uneqivocably that the shape of the roof on the original steelwork remains the same as it has always been. It follows that the acoustics are the same as they have always been. Therefore, accepting that the noise used to be deafening not only in the Chaddy but also outside BP, it must mean that the only reason it is no longer deafening is that not enough people sing nowadays.

Having exploded the urban myth, let's have no more of this nonsense about poor acoustics.

With regard to the pitch, pre platic the slope from Rochdale Road end to Chaddy Road end was 6 foot. This was halved to 3 foot when they took up the grass and carried out the ground works and drainage prior to laying the plastic carpet and sand. When the pastic was taken up, no further levelling was carried out so the slope today remains at 3 foot.

Cheers,

Harry

:chaddy:

To underline the fact - in my opinion at least, as a life-long Chaddy Ender - that the Chaddy End is, and will remain the home 'kop' end, despite the pro-Rochdale Rd end movement, you only have to read Lewis' reaction to his second & third goals below.

"For the second goal Neal Eardley's cross was inch-perfect and for the third I caught it sweetly, it was a great feeling, especially in front of the Chaddy End, and I just wanted to go mad.

Nice one Lewis!

The only thing this underlines is that you still have a tin bath and still plough your field using horses. Lets move the club forward, please!

> Get 4000 latics in the RRE, and it would be fooking amazing...... great view, great sound, beer available!

> Away fans could be easily policed and put straight on coaches from the CRE - less cost to the club, less agro!

Its obvious that a piece of plastic is more important than supporting the team and finance for the club?

The chaddy is the current home end - that is all Lewis means!!!! - Stop keep telling yourself the chaddy is so great, its so not, trust me!

KOP, dont make me PMSL - LETS MOVE FORWARD!!!

The only thing this underlines is that you still have a tin bath and still plough your field using horses. Lets move the club forward, please!

> Get 4000 latics in the RRE, and it would be fooking amazing...... great view, great sound, beer available!

> Away fans could be easily policed and put straight on coaches from the CRE - less cost to the club, less agro!

Its obvious that a piece of plastic is more important than supporting the team and finance for the club?

The chaddy is the current home end - that is all Lewis means!!!! - Stop keep telling yourself the chaddy is so great, its so not, trust me!

KOP, dont make me PMSL - LETS MOVE FORWARD!!!

** Awakes from lurking hibernation**

So do ST holders and pay on the dayers in the Chaddy not finance the club in any way Edward?

Surely if we'd all moved from the Chaddy in the close season the club would have lost money as the ST's in the RRE were cheaper.

Away fans seem easily policed now, and those that are on coaches get put straight back on them, how would the club save. I understand thats away fans in the Chaddy is a non starter anyway the Licensing Authority and the Police won't have it, they knocked the club back when they asked a few years ago, or so I was told.

The Chaddy is obviously great and fine for all of us who chose not to be seduced by the "great view (debatable) , great sound (big wow) , beer available (big :censored: WOW)! Perhaps Edward, people chose to stay in the Chaddy because, and this is an immensely radical notion, they actually enjoy watching the team they support, from that end, which has got balls all to do with moving the club forward.

Thing is if by some form of Halloween magic a bran new Broadway Stand materialised overnight and people could move in for tomorrows game there would be 200 Latics fans at the most in the RRE, and that's a fact, trust me.

I'm really happy for you Edward and for all the others who've blathered on ad nauseum about the awesome RRE, its great I'm really glad you're all enjoying it but I and a large proportion of Latics fans who still use the Chaddy are enjoying the season too, you do you're thing....... get it?

Actually though like Diego I wouldn't trust your opinion any further than I could throw Big Gordon.

Maybe its time to give this tired hackneyed old debate a rest? Just bothering about watching Latics and enjoying the good start to the season, from which stand y'all think is best for YOU and just YOU and let everybody make their own choice on how to spend the old hard earned eh?

** Departs to lurking hibernation**