Who's switching on your town's Christmas lights?

Burton has got the one and only Trevor Brooking, in recognition of his hard work to bring the F.A.'s National Football Centre here.

Knock me down with a feather

Clever Trevor

Widebrows wonder whether Clever Trevor's clever

Either have they got

Nor neither haven't not got

No right to make a clot

Out of Trevor

I’ve no idea if there will be any in Balham. If you are talking about London, google tells me that they will soon be announcing who is doing Oxford Street’s in the next week or so, but as I would rather lick Marmite out of Russell Brand’s armpits than go to Oxford Street even on a normal shopping day it isn’t hugely important to me.

I just wish i lived in Chadderton still to see the absolute legend who is doing there this year. 6pm on the 28th November in the precinct. To be switched on by...............................................

Me :grin:

I just wish i lived in Chadderton still to see the absolute legend who is doing there this year. 6pm on the 28th November in the precinct. To be switched on by...............................................

Me :grin:

Wow, clever Sir Trevor pales at the side of you Chaddy - if only our town centre management had the same vision as Chadderton!

Burton has got the one and only Trevor Brooking, in recognition of his hard work to bring the F.A.'s National Football Centre here.

I'd be amazed if Nigel didn't cut the ribbon on it (the statue proposed by ThaiLatic) - he'll turn up to the opening of an envelope in Burton (not a criticism btw, it keeps the club's profile high in the town)

Surprise, Surprise, Nigel is also going to be present. Prior to the F.A. Cup Final in 1980, Nigel's dad said "Brooking can't head the ball" and clever Trevor went on to head the winner.

We're also having David and Victoria Beckham lookalikes, but all of these added together still doesn't come close to Chadderton's star attraction Chaddy the Owl.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Surprise, Surprise, Nigel is also going to be present. Prior to the F.A. Cup Final in 1980, Nigel's dad said "Brooking can't head the ball" and clever Trevor went on to head the winner.

We're also having David and Victoria Beckham lookalikes, but all of these added together still doesn't come close to Cadderton's star attraction Chaddy the Owl.

Having spent the day in Oldham and read the rarely wrong Chron from back to front, I've discovered the closely guarded secret of who is to switch on Oldham's Christmas lights. You're probably expecting one of the many actors turned out by Oldham's renowned Theatre Workshop, somebody from Corrie or Holyoaks. Or Paul Scholes, or even a Latics player or one of the Management team, or Chaddy the Owl....Oh no, sorry we've already heard that he's doing the honours in Chadderton.

So who could possibly be big enough to entice people out onf their cosy armchairs into the town centre at 5.20pm on Sunday. It would be unfair of me to keep you in suspense any longer. The switch is going to be flicked by..........................

Noddy!

Bloody Noddy - he's not even a celebrity among the tiny tots who are not allowed out at that time of day!

I understand that when Noddy’s best friend heard the news, he couldn’t believe his Big Ears, Mr Wobbly Man went for a lie down and Mr Plod wet himself with laughter, as he went off looking for people driving two cars at the same time.

This must be the official confirmation that the Oldham authorities are content with the reputation of being like Toytown.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Having spent the day in Oldham and read the rarely wrong Chron from back to front, I've discovered the closely guarded secret of who is to switch on Oldham's Christmas lights. You're probably expecting one of the many actors turned out by Oldham's renowned Theatre Workshop, somebody from Corrie or Holyoaks. Or Paul Scholes, or even a Latics player or one of the Management team, or Chaddy the Owl....Oh no, sorry we've already heard that he's doing the honours in Chadderton.

So who could possibly be big enough to entice people out onf their cosy armchairs into the town centre at 5.20pm on Sunday. It would be unfair of me to keep you in suspense any longer. The switch is going to be flicked by..........................

Noddy!

Bloody Noddy - he's not even a calebrity among the tiny tots who are not allowed out at that time of day!

I understand that when Noddy’s best friend heard the news, he couldn’t believe his Big Ears, Mr Wobbly Man went for a lie down and Mr Plod wet himself with laughter, as he went off looking for people driving two cars at the same time.

This must be the official confirmation that the Oldham authorities are content with the reputation of being like Toytown.