Leaving a game early

Never left a Latics game early - despite wanting to sometimes (Cardiff home, Sheff Utd away in ZDS, 5-0 spurs etc).

You do get the opportunity to boo the buggers off at the end of a really awful performance.

Not going to say its right or wrong to stay to the end - just for me I couldn't do it. OK the one consolation goal against Cardiff was rubbish but it might have been a Van Basten-esque screamer and I'd hate to have missed it.

Some great last minute ones mentioned - Southampton away, Leeds home, Barnsley home. Great fondness for those days.

I've only ever left once before the final whistle, and that was that debacle against a team from Wales that to this day, as you can see I can't even talk about

Started to slowly make my way out of the Lookers Paddock at 7 - 0, when we pulled one back (Balmer?).

I shrugged, sighed, and plonked myself down on a seat close to exit for the painful remainder of the game.

At the final whistle I remained seated, unable to grasp what had just occured, when an old guy placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and offered "There's always next week lad".

I think we drew at Reading.

Personally I don't understand leaving early unless you absolutely have to. There's always the possibility of missing a great goal, however remote. But each to their own.

The closest I got was standing by the exit when we were 4-1 down at home against Peterborough (I think). That bastard right winger, David someone was it(?), was running us ragged as he seemed to do every time he played against us. I legged it as soon as the whistle went as I had somewhere to be.

Colusso, Bury away, was an outstanding finish to a game!

I left early once. I had gone to Sheffield United on my own for a ZDS (or some other sponsor) Cup game. I had seen us go from 2-0 up to 7-2 down, and I left with two minutes to go for a quick getaway.

I feel better now for having confessed that to get it off my conscience!

A quick getaway from what, Diego? You can't have expected heavy traffic as the place was virtually empty that night!!

And, for the record, I have never left a match early.

The closest I got was standing by the exit when we were 4-1 down at home against Peterborough. That bastard right winger, David someone was it(?), was running us ragged as he seemed to do every time he played against us. I legged it as soon as the whistle went as I had somewhere to be.

David Farrell. He was the bastard left winger who tore Hotte (I think) and then McNiven to shreds that day in one of the most outstanding performances (in the third division) I've seen from an opposition player.

David Farrell. He was the bastard left winger who tore Hotte (I think) and then McNiven to shreds that day in one of the most outstanding performances (in the third division) I've seen from an opposition player.

Him and the lad up front that day Francis Greene destroyed us. They were some dark days.

That's the guy. Was he right footed and wore 7 but played on the left? We couldn't get near him.