''you gotta say well done to Newell for bringing such a great signing.''

''Adds that bit of creation in midfield and as he's proved previously can score goals from midfield.''

''the creative midfield player we have been missing for a while ''

''Hopefully now the strikers can get some good balls.''

Who the hell do they think they have signed???

liked JP, every team needs a spoiler and he did it well, never let us down, but as already said, we are stronger this season, good luck with the fishy people JP

Never mind the grimsby fans - who the hell were you watching F_B!???

The only player I have felt more let down by is JJ, abut this is because he obviously had ability... JP was one of the poorest footballers I have ever seen, if by saying he didnt let you down as it was not his fault that he was :censored: then fair enough... but to say he was ever a contributing member of the team for me is a radical overstatement....

... and I still dont buy all this crap about the everton game - he had to do one thing - tackle, thats it.... I have never, ever seen a player with such limited ability on the ball... and I possible include Branston in that...

Good luck grimsby with your midfield maestro!

The only player I have felt more let down by is JJ, abut this is because he obviously had ability... JP was one of the poorest footballers I have ever seen, if by saying he didnt let you down as it was not his fault that he was :censored: then fair enough... but to say he was ever a contributing member of the team for me is a radical overstatement....

... and I still dont buy all this crap about the everton game - he had to do one thing - tackle, thats it.... I have never, ever seen a player with such limited ability on the ball... and I possible include Branston in that...

I thought he played very cleverly against Everton – he was crucial (along with Smalley) in making sure we kept hold of the ball for a while when we got it. Otherwise I agree, he was gash, you just can’t afford a midfielder who won’t carry the ball forward when he has acres of space in front of him and who wouldn’t even play a simple obvious pass if it threatens to help us attack.

I agree with most things you say Big Fin but this I cannot!

Ouch!! :grin: I suppose what i was getting at, is that we have had many 'better' footballers at bp than JP, who certainly put in less effort than he did.

Limited abilty - Yes

Lack of effort - No

Let us down - No

Arsed if he's gone - No. As for the Everton game, he was 1 of 11 players whom all crackers that day. (Should i have said 12 and Thompson as well :wink: )

I agree with most things you say Big Fin but this I cannot!

That is fine matey! come on then... lets hear of all those wonderous pieces of great defensive/attacking play that JP has pulled out for us... all i remember is the ball occsionally rebounding off him, and a lot of balls straight to the opposition/touchline... he was the worst passer of the ball I have ever, ever seen... honestly, I have never seen a player so bad at passing the ball 5 yards....

Just my opinion, like... :blush:

Ouch!! :grin: I suppose what i was getting at, is that we have had many 'better' footballers at bp than JP, who certainly put in less effort than he did.

Limited abilty - Yes

Lack of effort - No

Let us down - No

Arsed if he's gone - No. As for the Everton game, he was 1 of 11 players whom all crackers that day. (Should i have said 12 and Thompson as well :wink: )

Fair enough matey! I totally agree he put in the effort.... but it reminded me of when you had that really rubbish kid at school, always was the last to be picked, and all he would do is chase the ball round the yard, barging into people... then whenever he touched it, you could guarantee he would kick it over the fence into the road, and you would never see your ball again...

That was JP..

Edited by BigfinLatic

That is fine matey! come on then... lets hear of all those wonderous pieces of great defensive/attacking play that JP has pulled out for us... all i remember is the ball occsionally rebounding off him, and a lot of balls straight to the opposition/touchline... he was the worst passer of the ball I have ever, ever seen... honestly, I have never seen a player so bad at passing the ball 5 yards....

No i do agree he wasnt anything special n that but I just dont think he was one of our worst ever players

Kalala isn't half as bad as some boo boys will make out, he's a decent defensive midfielder, but we already had Allott, who was better going forward as well. Admittedly the Everton game suited JP as we needed someone like him to get stuck in and win the ball in the middle then generally hoof it up field, but that's not the sort of play we want to be using in the league. He never really got given a fair crack of the whip, with Kilkenny and Allott being the starters then Jarrett when he came, and JP was also injured. Wish him luck, I've seen many worse players in the a Latics shirt than him.

JP Kalala's gone? Wonder whether Latique ever sold that JP Kalala Bedside lamp...best peice of merchandise I have ever seen.

How many appearances did JP make? And of those how many were for a decent period of time and not fleating substitute appearances?

I don't seem to rememeber JPK playing that much for us to be honsest. When he did play he neither blew me away or frustrated me either - so I am surprised with some of the 'worst player' I have ever seen comments.

He may not have been fantastic but all I can say is that you have either only been watching Latics for about 2-3 years or you have a very different perception of good/bad footballers.

I have no malice against JP and wish him all the best.

Fair enough matey! I totally agree he put in the effort.... but it reminded me of when you had that really rubbish kid at school, always was the last to be picked, and all he would do is chase the ball round the yard, barging into people... then whenever he touched it, you could guarantee he would kick it over the fence into the road, and you would never see your ball again...

That was JP..

so basically what you're saying is he can't play football,hmmm.