but theres no point in us paying his wages

As LL said, can't imagine they are paying anything like all his wages but it all helps. He's been training since July with the rest of the squad and hasn't had a sniff of making it. It's now almost November.

It's for the best.

As LL said, can't imagine they are paying anything like all his wages but it all helps. He's been training since July with the rest of the squad and hasn't had a sniff of making it. It's now almost November.

It's for the best.

Yep. I'd imagine the only reason he's training with the first team is to keep up his fitness so it's easier to get rid when the time comes. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up though, he might not be the best footballer but he seems like an alright bloke

Yep. I'd imagine the only reason he's training with the first team is to keep up his fitness so it's easier to get rid when the time comes. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up though, he might not be the best footballer but he seems like an alright bloke

I thought it was right out of order when people booed him when he came over to wave to us at Crewe last year. An extremely limited player in my opinion and said to have been part of the Ricketts Massiv, but did his best on the pitch for us.

very harsh. Just not Shez's type of player, bet you wasnt saying good riddance against Everton

I didn't say good riddence because I think he's s**t...i just dont like to see us paying pointless wages, so the sooner hes gone the better!

And no, I wasn't saying that at Everton...because he was playing games, not pointlessly sat at home taking our money when he should be on a football pitch playing for someone! Not saying it's his fault because im sure he wants to be playing just like every player...but you know what i mean

I didn't say good riddence because I think he's s**t...i just dont like to see us paying pointless wages, so the sooner hes gone the better!

I was, and am - he is :censored: one of the worst football players I have seen in a latics shirt for a long time, and I mean that, his first touch and passing ability makes Craig Davies look like Zidane.

I was, and am - he is :censored: one of the worst football players I have seen in a latics shirt for a long time, and I mean that, his first touch and passing ability makes Craig Davies look like Zidane.

Grimsby fans are well happy with it. Mind you, he is a bit of a cult hero with them after scoring a stonking goal against Spurs in a cup tie a few years back.

Yeah, think this division is a bit of a cut above for him really. He's a far better player in the 4th division and hopefully he'll do enough to impress and they can take him permanently after the loan spell.

And no, I wasn't saying that at Everton...because he was playing games, not pointlessly sat at home taking our money when he should be on a football pitch playing for someone! Not saying it's his fault because im sure he wants to be playing just like every player...but you know what i mean

Sorry misunderstood you! I agree its pointless paying for a player we are not using!

He will be remembered with some fondness by Latics fans simply because of that performance against Everton where he bossed their midfield (including the much missed Lee Carsley). He was good for what he was (a holding midfield player) and he tended to do quite well if he had two other players alongside him in the middle of midfield so they could do the passing. He was never a world beater but he was better than some give him credit for. Unfortunately we have a stronger squad than last year especially in midfield and he is probably 7th choice in the central areas and wouldn't get a game without a long list of injuries. Quite simply we don't need him and that means we are looking to off load him. Good look to him and if he ever returns to BP I will applaud him just because of his great game against the Toffees.