hes missed a few sitters recently through bad luck and poor finishing, i think he'll score 20 goals this year though, my main worry is his ill discipline at the moment, 4 of his 5 bookings for dissent, its not good enough especially from an experienced player like hughesie, sheridan is surely frustrated with him at the moment and must have had a quiet word with him about this.

hes missed a few sitters recently through bad luck and poor finishing, i think he'll score 20 goals this year though, my main worry is his ill discipline at the moment, 4 of his 5 bookings for dissent, its not good enough especially from an experienced player like hughesie, sheridan is surely frustrated with him at the moment and must have had a quiet word with him about this.

Strikers do tend to go through gluts without scoring, I don't think we should be worried. The aggression (on or off the ball) is part of who he is and suspensions will be part of his season. I wouldn't like to see him change in that respect.

I would change very little (footballing wise) about Lee Hughes.

He's a menace to opposition defenders and, if fit, will score loads this season.

I would change very little (footballing wise) about Lee Hughes.

He's a menace to opposition defenders and, if fit, will score loads this season.

i agree he's a menace to defences which is exactly why we need him for the majority of the season, i dont mind strikers picking up bookings for making bad tackles as tackling usually isnt a strikers best attribution, but 4 out of 5 for dissent isnt good enough, isit?

i agree he's a menace to defences which is exactly why we need him for the majority of the season, i dont mind strikers picking up bookings for making bad tackles as tackling usually isnt a strikers best attribution, but 4 out of 5 for dissent isnt good enough, isit?

Maybe not, but I think we can call yesterday's a case of tactical dissent! :grin:

Good save or not, you really should be scoring a free header from four yards out!

I totally agree .. if that was Davies missing that everyone would have been all over him. Abit like Gregan/Eards ... Eards makes a mistake it`s all booing, Gregan does and people look the other way ... time for some people to get real.

I totally agree .. if that was Davies missing that everyone would have been all over him. Abit like Gregan/Eards ... Eards makes a mistake it`s all booing, Gregan does and people look the other way ... time for some people to get real.

didn't Liddle miss the glaring header at the far post?

didn't Liddle miss the glaring header at the far post?

In the second half? Think he did yes, were on about the glaring miss in the first half. Aswell as all those glaring misses on tuesday. I can feel a Hughes Hat-Trick coming on, but i think people need to get a grip in terms of booing players.

Also those stupid people who booed Hughes when he got booked, can anyone tell me why? I was hoping he got got booked nd judging by some of the pushes he was doing i think he was to. He got his 5th yellow and misses next week and not a league game, so those who were having a little hissy-fit near me and booing pipe down!

Guest oa_exile
In the second half? Think he did yes, were on about the glaring miss in the first half. Aswell as all those glaring misses on tuesday. I can feel a Hughes Hat-Trick coming on, but i think people need to get a grip in terms of booing players.

Also those stupid people who booed Hughes when he got booked, can anyone tell me why? I was hoping he got got booked nd judging by some of the pushes he was doing i think he was to. He got his 5th yellow and misses next week and not a league game, so those who were having a little hissy-fit near me and booing pipe down!

Pretty much five stupid and needless bookings, to the be honest, It's part of his game that personally I dont like.

Edited by oa_exile

The names of Eardley and Davies don't fit easy into a chant.

why does the fact that he doesnt want to be cup tied make you smile?

understand the point but ......"given the choice between missing a cup game and playing in the league there is only one choice at the moment its the league every time"(or words to that effect) seems a fair reflection of the importance of the booking yesterday.

TBH I don't think Hughesy would have started next week anyway as we need him injury free so a weekend off is probably not a bad thing

It's bollocks all this...tactical booking??? :censored: !!! He shouldn't even have been on 4 bookings before yesterday to need to have organised a tactical booking. The yellow cards he's had for handballs this season are a joke and that yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back for me (oh, did I mention a penalty at Swindon???)...he's on a goal drought and after getting a hat-trick against next weeks opposition, he should've been bursting to play next Saturday! Sadly...he's a bit too thick to make that happen!!! But we can't say these things about him...coz he's "Hughesy! Hughesy! Hughesy!"...I didn't boo but I did lose my rag when he got booked! Sadly, Shez seems happy to let this all roll with him.

Edited by wardlelatic

It's bollocks all this...tactical booking??? :censored: !!! He shouldn't even have been on 4 bookings before yesterday to need to have organised a tactical booking. The yellow cards he's had for handballs this season are a joke and that yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back for me (oh, did I mention a penalty at Swindon???)...he's on a goal drought and after getting a hat-trick against next weeks opposition, he should've been bursting to play next Saturday! Sadly...he's a bit too thick to make that happen!!! But we can't say these things about him...coz he's "Hughesy! Hughesy! Hughesy!"...I didn't boo but I did lose my rag when he got booked! Sadly, Shez seems happy to let this all roll with him.

Perhaps he needs to stick him in the reserves, then ship him out on loan and that way, we will see our best striker partnership in Lewia and Wolfy :shock:

He does pick up silly bookings agreed, but imo with his abilty, you have to accept some of that as part of the 'package'.....and the last player to fall foul of Shez' disciplinary measures, now finds himself out on loan to a local, divisional rival, leaving us desperately short for cover up front!!

But hey, if rumours are rife Andy Cole, Dean Windyarse and any other overpaid ex-gud un could come here!! What are we worrying about?? :blink:

Perhaps he needs to stick him in the reserves, then ship him out on loan and that way, we will see our best striker partnership in Lewia and Wolfy :shock:

He does pick up silly bookings agreed, but imo with his abilty, you have to accept some of that as part of the 'package'.....and the last player to fall foul of Shez' disciplinary measures, now finds himself out on loan to a local, divisional rival, leaving us desperately short for cover up front!!

But hey, if rumours are rife Andy Cole, Dean Windyarse and any other overpaid ex-gud un could come here!! What are we worrying about?? :blink:

I'm surprised the name I was told is arriving at BP, hasn't surfaced on here yet.

EDIT: Just noticed his name has been mentioned on another thread now...so disregard that.

Edited by boundaryblue80

cm ti

I take your point and am not in disagreement with view about ordinarily getting booked for petulance, however know that from experience that at certain times or situations it can happen. For me, only opinion, a decision was taken on this particular instance and it was contrived because of the following?

So without emotion - yes being on 4 bookings for silly offences is not the best - however thats where we were yesterday?

Do I trust his groin or would a week off after a glut of games maybe allow a rest and a bit of recuperation time for the league program to give him a chance to come back feeling fresh and get on with finishing.

BTW when he is regularly hitting the target and the keepers are being made to work a goal will come soon - it would be more worrying if he was missing the target which I don't believe he is.

Would I rather he played in a league game than a cup game which pretty certainly means he would miss at least another league game?

I don't think LH's football intelligence comes into this one personally

Thats a fair comment - however though we have a tendency to mix emotion and adrenalined fuelled reactions with general intelligence

BTW I think CD has been harshly treated by the fans this year - as well as many last year - personally I think generally as a fan base we have too many ready to judge to harshly and loudly and then plenty of sheep who follow.

This has been the same no matter what division we have played in - I remember Roger(Palmer) being booed during his first couple of years at BP along with countless other players not fit to wear the shirt like Paul Warhust, Earl Barrett(apparently always went sideways ;-))etc

Hopefully this puts some of the more extreme views into perspective - if only their had been message boards in the 70s.80s and early 90s? Frizzell out; Royle out anybody ;-)

Thats a fair comment - however though we have a tendency to mix emotion and adrenalined fuelled reactions with general intelligence

BTW I think CD has been harshly treated by the fans this year - as well as many last year - personally I think generally as a fan base we have too many ready to judge to harshly and loudly and then plenty of sheep who follow.

This has been the same no matter what division we have played in - I remember Roger(Palmer) being booed during his first couple of years at BP along with countless other players not fit to wear the shirt like Paul Warhust, Earl Barrett(apparently always went sideways ;-))etc

Hopefully this puts some of the more extreme views into perspective - if only their had been message boards in the 70s.80s and early 90s? Frizzell out; Royle out anybody ;-)

Possibly the most intelligent post seen on here for a while!!

Normality is restored :applause1: