A win at last for Britain

After another drubbing for the egg chuckers, a farce of a tournament for the cricketers ending in defeat...well done to Lewis Hamilton - the youngest ever world champion....What a great final lap!

Absolutely fantastic. Down to the last bend. Best bit was when the cameras showed the Ferrari garage celebrating...then reality hits. FIA - Shove it up your Ferrari biased arse. Huge congratulations to Lewis Hamilton.

Edited by Yeovil Fan

Absolutely fantastic. Down to the last bend. Best bit was when the cameras showed the Ferrari garage celebrating...then reality hits. FIA - Shove it up your Ferrari biased arse. Huge congratulations to Lewis Hamilton.

haha...i was thinking the same..though not so sure what Vettel and Glock were up to...but it worked out in the end.......They've done everything to help Ferrari win it this year and it's smacked em back in the boat race...........btw good result yesterday...wd! :chubb:

Edited by futchers briefs

F***ing fantastic! And F1 is supposed to be boring....

An incredible race, and the right result. I have to say that I feel for Massa. He was never an outright championship-winning driver in my view (and many others too) but he's been great this year.

Bring on 2009 with the new regulations. Should be a great season!

I really dislike F1.

That was quality, I was standing up and shouting at my TV. Unbelievable scenes when Ferrari thought they'd won and were told they hadn't...reminded me of Cassano at Euro 2004.

That said I felt for Massa...Ferrari must have told him he'd won it on his radio...

Edited by jsslatic

Massa will probably win it next year. All season he has been developing the aggression needed to be World Champion but he just left it a race too late - Which I'm delighted about.

Lewis has had that aggression and determination since his first F1 start and fully deserves to be Champion. He attacks corners before he has turned into them like Schumacher, Senna and Alan Jones used to do - and if you took all the drivers aids away he would still stand out above the rest for his raw racing skill.

I grew up following the careers of Fittipaldi, Peterson, Hunt, Scheckter, Lauda etc. and few drivers since then have showed a feel for the racetrack like Hamilton, with the obvious exceptions of Mansell and Prost.

Well done Lewis, that was brilliant - Put in the hard work now though, because there are some very good drivers out there who will want your title.

Who says F1 is boring? that was the best finish you could imagine.

I was gutted when Vettel passed Hamilton, I do think that he got distracted by Kubica farting about in front of him which led to him going offline allowing Vettel to get by, really did think it was all over.

Can't believe the amount of people going on that Hamilton bottled it or that Glock gave him the title, if the Toyotas had gone in for wets then Glock wouldn't have been in front of Hamilton, he could have let Vettel past rather than risk a racing incident or even let the stewards dock him any places and just cruised up in 5th to win.

As much as Massa does seem a nice guy it was brilliant to see the Ferrari pit and Massa family celebrating only to be told he hadn't won, I really dislike Ferrari, over the 15 or so years I have been watching F1 they have consistently bent the rules and been helped out by the governing bodies.

As much as Massa does seem a nice guy it was brilliant to see the Ferrari pit and Massa family celebrating only to be told he hadn't won, I really dislike Ferrari, over the 15 or so years I have been watching F1 they have consistently bent the rules and been helped out by the governing bodies.

There's no doubt Ferrari have been on the right side of a dodgy FIA decision on far too many occasions. However I can't say I've ever disliked Ferrari - just the way the FIA bend over backwards for them.

The last time I remember the authorities being harsh with Ferrari was in the early 80s when Rene Arnoux was penalised for cutting up Keke Rosberg whilst LAPPING him.

The authorities are the ones spoiling the sport - they should get back to letting the guys race. There are some great drivers out there, but they keep resorting to gimmicks like night racing to create interest.

At the same time as celebrating Hamiltons achievement, it was hard not to feel sorry for Massa, who is clearly a genuinely nice guy and fabulous driver.

really dont know wot vettel as doing = trying to get himself a job at ferrari i expect, - absolutely brilliant well deserved especially wiv the FIA( FERRARI INTERNATIONAL AUTHOITY)trying to do everything in their power to help Massa win it.

Edited by neiladamsheadband

Aren’t the BBC getting F1 next season? In which case they will give Hamilton blanket coverage to boost his chances of getting Sports Personality of the Year (an award which should clearly go to Vicky Pendleton, regardless of any success or failure she may have had in her career). Hamilton has the sheer bastardry needed to come out on top in a competitive event, which so many British sportspeople are missing. He’s stab his granny for a win I suspect.

Aren’t the BBC getting F1 next season? In which case they will give Hamilton blanket coverage to boost his chances of getting Sports Personality of the Year (an award which should clearly go to Vicky Pendleton, regardless of any success or failure she may have had in her career). Hamilton has the sheer bastardry needed to come out on top in a competitive event, which so many British sportspeople are missing. He’s stab his granny for a win I suspect.

:stupid:

Seconded.

Edited by jsslatic

The last time I remember the authorities being harsh with Ferrari was in the early 80s when Rene Arnoux was penalised for cutting up Keke Rosberg whilst LAPPING him.

Yeah and after that the Commandatore threatend to pull out of F1 and switch to Indycars. At which point the FIA saw their arse, and as Ferrari were, and still are the biggest draw in F1 they have bent over backwards for them ever since.

I have absolutely zero interest in F1, it bores me to tears and prior to Sunday I had not seen a single lap of an F1 race all season.

It's always nice to see an Englishman winning and I was pleased to hear that Hamilton was well placed to win the Chamionship going in to the last race but such was my lack of interest in actually watching it that I couldn't even have told you which week the race was taking place never mind what time.

Anyway, on Sunday I turned the TV on and starting with BBC1 I began flicking through the channels looking for something worth watching and it just so happens that I reached ITV at the precise moment that Hamilton began his final lap. Had it been any earlier in the race or any earlier in the season I'd have just carried on flicking but seeing as it was the final lap and aware that the championship was at stake I decided to afford it 2 minutes of my time.

Of course the rest is history but I just thought I'd share with you the remarkable coincidence that the one and only lap I watched all season should be the one that decided everything.

If they could condense the whole season in to one lap every year I might start watching it.