Andy Cole or Darren Byfield to sign by the end of the week

Let's not get carried away now.

He will be. By a country mile.He's twice the player Hughes is, even at this stage in his career. Cole found the net in the Premier and Europe, Hughes was, whether people like it or not, a Premier League flop. Goalscoring is a knack you never lose, and I don't believe you will find anyone better at it than Andy Cole.

In all seriousness, I thought the club said that they were after/expected to bring in A (one) Forward and A (one) defender.

So I certainly wouldn't expect to see 2 forwards coming in especially as SC said in the LW interview that O'Grady will be back on the 15th.

Cheers,

Harry

He will be. By a country mile.He's twice the player Hughes is, even at this stage in his career. Cole found the net in the Premier and Europe, Hughes was, whether people like it or not, a Premier League flop. Goalscoring is a knack you never lose, and I don't believe you will find anyone better at it than Andy Cole.

10 goals in 53 appearences and two years suggests he's lost it. Let's be frank, clubs haven't been queuing for his signature since he left Forest. I'm not disputing that Cole was a awesome goal scorer during his prime, but I'd still take an effective 32 year old Lee Hughes on a reasonable wage than a 37 year old player, who'll demand a silly wage due to his name, who's best days are 9 years behind him and has been a journeyman for the past 4 years, 7 clubs....8 if he signs for someone else before new year.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

10 goals in 53 appearences and two years suggests he's lost it. Let's be frank, clubs haven't been queuing for his signature since he left Forest. I'm not disputing that Cole was a awesome goal scorer during his prime, but I'd still take an effective 32 year old Lee Hughes on a reasonable wage than a 37 year old player, who'll demand a silly wage due to his name, who's best days are 9 years behind him and has been a journeyman for the past 4 years, 7 clubs....8 if he signs for someone else before new year.

I would say that there are a fair few clubs in our league, and even the Championship, that would like to sign him. At this level, he would bag 20+ with relative ease, something our "saviour", in my opinion, won't. (The "saviour" isn't a pop at you, but the vast majority of fans who think Hughes is the dogs whats-its and can do no wrong). As the old song goes, he'll get the ball and score a goal, Andy Andy Cole.

As the old song goes, he'll get the ball and score a goal, Andy Andy Cole.

Barn dooor is one of a very few players that I simply do not ever want to see in a Latics shirt .... one of the others being the one with the flactuant bottom surname.

Barn dooor is one of a very few players that I simply do not ever want to see in a Latics shirt .... one of the others being the one with the flactuant bottom surname.

See I can see the argument in that. He did wrong against us in the past, was a bit of a bastard actually.

When we've signed a player like Hughes and have people chanting his name is Windass really all that bad though. Won't be happening anyway.

Found a problem with this.

Cole can't sign for a new club until january, as his last contract was cancelled outside a transfer window!

I think that technically he is still registered to Forest for the purpose of the transfer window, so is capable of being loaned by Forest to us.

There again I could be wrong. :D

Cheers,

Harry