John Sheridan

I'd say that for the first time this season, Shez is coming under pressure and needs to quickly stop the rot.

What are his options?

1. Loan players - two at least (a striker and a central defender)

2. Play a different system

3. Look to the squad players

4. A combination of two or more of the above

The squad on the face of it provides cover in defence(Stam almost fit, Lomax, Byrne, Fleming), in midfield (Maher, Stephens, Lee) and in attack (Wolfenden, Smalley, Ormerod) - but many are untested yet this season and others are perhaps not up to it (hence the move for further loanees).

A chance to try something this weekend?

I have faith that he will turn it around - but the reality is that we are not quite as good as we think we are. If you can beat the better teams as we have shown, then consistency will get you out of this league - at the moment that's something sadly missing from the team.

:huh:

I'd say that for the first time this season, Shez is coming under pressure and needs to quickly stop the rot.

What are his options?

1. Loan players - two at least (a striker and a central defender)

2. Play a different system

3. Look to the squad players

4. A combination of two or more of the above

:huh:

1. we have Byrne and Jones and Stam - good cover in defence. We have O'Grady returning from Bury in a couple of weeks - so potentially only need a striker for the FA Cup game to cover Hughes' suspension. I look at point (3) and wonder why we signed up a supposedly strong squad, to then ignore them and head for the loan market. Did we sign crap players who aren't up to the job? If so, why?

2. He tried 4-5-1 at Burnley and got pasted for it on this site. I would like to see the option to change the system in times of crisis, but 4-4-2 with Alessandra works best - assuming the work rate is put in by all on the pitch.

3. Abserbloodylootly. No point asking TTA to fund a big squad if all you're going to do is sit them all on a bench. While I don't advocate changing a side at 1-0 up with 10 minutes left when we're looking good, for me there are times when someone with Maher's reputation should have been brought off the bench to protect the back 4 a little. Will we ever see the likes of Lee, Stephens etc? Don't care if we're winning, but the occasional change when it's not quite working is to be encouraged. Not too many at a time though Shez.

He can tinker all he likes.

The 11 who murdered Scunthorpe were the 11 who were dire against Yeovil.

That reeks of poor attitude on the day. Which Shez has got to ensure is never repeated.

Edited by opinions4u

Guest oa_exile

Personally I think that having very little reserve team is actually adding to the problem(s).

Players outside the starting 11 are not getting enough practice, week in week out.

It's all right kicking a ball about in training but it's just not the same as playing a competitive match.

The backroom staff are picking the team off the weekly training sessons , what is Duxbury doing ?

Dont know what the thinking was behind signing a big squad up and then having them sitting around.

Edited by oa_exile

Personally I think that having very little reserve team is actually adding to the problem(s).

Players outside the starting 11 are not getting enough practice, week in week out.

It's all right kicking a ball about in training but it's just not the same as playing a competitive match.

The backroom staff are picking the team off the weekly training sessons , what is Duxbury doing ?

Dont know what the thinking was behind signing a big squad up and then having them sitting around.

Nail on head time methinks - not enough reserve team games - big squad - no time to really bring them on etc. etc.

I want to see Stephens & Lee for starters! :angry:

seconded, i,ve been looking forward to seeing these two and they must be peed off too

Well being as Lee has been injured on and off so far and Stephens came knowing that he was likely to be pushing for a 'squad' place rather than an automatic one, given his youth/relative inexperience to other midfielders at the club, plus the fact that despite many recent posts by some and results generally we've had a pretty good start to the season, so i wouldn't have thought they'd be too peed off .........yet!! :wink:

scunny ad yeovil were two toally different teams although not the best footballing side ive seen scunny could not outdo for fooball, whereas yeovil knew they would not beat us in this area and mana marked us out of the game which was for my liking was the second team to do this uddersfield being the otter and the middield duo do not know how to cope when this happens, i am not a lover and never have been of the 4-5-1 but trying domething different to stop he yeovil from hapening again maybe 4-4-1 so more of a link up?????

Well being as Lee has been injured on and off so far and Stephens came knowing that he was likely to be pushing for a 'squad' place rather than an automatic one, given his youth/relative inexperience to other midfielders at the club, plus the fact that despite many recent posts by some and results generally we've had a pretty good start to the season, so i wouldn't have thought they'd be too peed off .........yet!! :wink:

The manager doesn't seem to have a problem playing unfit players, we have atleast three who don't train every day yet are always starting.

The manager doesn't seem to have a problem playing unfit players, we have atleast three who don't train every day yet are always starting.

i said at the time it was announced not having a reserve team playing competative games every week in a competative league was a big mistake and got slated for it.....

people saying stop talking crap we can arrange a friendly at any given time....

well....it isnt working is it and more and more people are realising it now.....if people arent playing how can you gauge wether there good enough to come in and do a job that isnt being done...

were being over run in midfield more and more in every game....so the only real thing to do is go for 4-5-1 and combat it.....that way you could have 3 tough tacklers in there to break it up and the two wide men to back up the striker.....it may not be everybodys cup of tea.but its a change from what were doing at the moment.....

its a far cry from shez first season experimenting with christmas trees n diamond formations and the like...everybody was screaming for us to play 4-4-2.....and now we are it isnt working.

the longer the situation isnt addressed,the more pressure is put onto the manager and his team.....to a certain extent its like self inflicting pain if he doesnt change it.

i think its time he stopped being stubborn and listen to folk around him,or it may just be his downfall.