Clyde Wijnhard

_39940506_jmwijnhard203.jpg

In 2002, Latics signed Dutch striker Clyde Wijnhard from PNE (Preston North End). He had currently scored 3 goals in 6 games for PNE. He made 30 appearances at BP, scoring 13 goals over a space of two years (30 apps).

He now (being released from Brentford) has no club. He was my favourite player while he played but now I wonder ...

Would you/should we want him back at Boundary Park??

95-97 RKC Waalwijk ? ?
97-98 Willem II 28 (14)
98-99 Leeds United 12 (4)
99-02 Huddersfield Twn 60 (18)
2002 Preston North End 6 (3)
02-04 Oldham Athletic 30 (13)
04-06 Darlington 39 (15)
05-06 Macclesfield Twn 25 (12)
2006 Brentford 9 (0)

Bold - Club
Italics - Apperances
(brackets) - Goals Edited by OAFCguy

Guest oa_exile
1. He couldnt hack it in 2006 with Brentford, a mid table League Two side who dont want him.

I have to say that I rated Clyde highly when he was at BP , it was a pity he was injured which at one stage looked like it would finish his career.

I remember him returning the BP a couple of seasons ago with Brentford , lasted about 20' before getting subbed.

........anyway to answer the post not gonna happen.

I have to say that I rated Clyde highly when he was at BP , it was a pity he was injured which at one stage looked like it would finish his career.

I remember him returning the BP a couple of seasons ago with Brentford , lasted about 20' before getting subbed.

........anyway to answer the post not gonna happen.

Don't get me wrong, he was good in his spell with us, but to suggest him now is insane.

"Oldham boss John Sheridan is set to seal a deal for striker Darren Byfield this week after sorting out the move with Doncaster. The loan spell may become permanent for Byfield, 32, who earned six caps for Jamaica."

This was in The People.

Come across this one as bad as the other imo :angry: we have enough striking options (if we did'nt loan them all out) so why are we intertaining bringing in has beens? :wacko:

Guest oa_exile
"Oldham boss John Sheridan is set to seal a deal for striker Darren Byfield this week after sorting out the move with Doncaster. The loan spell may become permanent for Byfield, 32, who earned six caps for Jamaica."

This was in The People.

Come across this one as bad as the other imo :angry: we have enough striking options (if we did'nt loan them all out) so why are we intertaining bringing in has beens? :wacko:

I would not say a striker aged 32 is a "Has been".

Guest oa_exile
Maybe not, but in these two cases i'd say so.

Just my opinion like. :imnotworthy:

No problem mate you are entitled to your opinion B)

Think it comes down to £ as well though we just dont have the financial resources to pay for a mid 20's proven striker.

Guest oa_exile
exile I don't see why we need to pay £'s for strkers at all when we have more strikers to choose from than most in this league, just have'nt made the best of our options.

Again only my opinion.

Depend how you look at it really , we have only found one partner for Hughes to date and all the other equasions seen to have been used up......... in Shez's eyes anyway.

Lewis cannot stand the vigors of a long season and has already been rested.

The problem seem's to be who do we use up front when Hughes is not available.

.......so we need another Striker coming in ? or do you think that O'Grady and/or Davies are the way forward.

In your opinion of course :)

Actualy Exile i do, O'Grady has'nt had much of a chance so how do we actualy know if he can play alongside Hughes, or indeed fashion a working partnership with one of the others. I'm not the biggest Davis fan i think he's to greedy a lot of the time and thinks of personal glory before team, that said he's young and that can be worked on, top scorer last season says he's got something and worth keeping.

imo of coarse :grin: