Ian Wright

Astonishing. Did Drogba pick out the person who threw the coin and ping him on the forehead? As for Wright - I thought he had said he gobbed at someone for racially abusing him? It is a neat trick to do that at the same time as aiming a greeny into his big mouth.

I could have sworn I saw Drogba getting booked for the offence though. I thought they couldn't re-visit such scenarios.

As for Wright, his story changes daily to get the media spotlight. Fact is he had little reason to spit at anyone and did so because he's a dick.

Ref apparently booked Drogba for his celebration, which he saw, and not for the finger/coin throwing, which he didn't see.

Odd.

Wrighty spit hit an old woman and not the guy who did what ever he did. I can remember seeing it on TV.

As for Didier, he got booked for the celebration because it was seen to be provocative to the fans. Now, I’m no Einstein but the main defence offered regarding Drogba is that the Burnley fan threw the coin at him and therefore the burnley fan started it.

Well I’m no Einstein but if the FA have set out rules that say “you must not provoke away fans” and he provokes said away fans and earns himself a booking. Then he has started it. One of the reasons they have such rules is to ensure that the player himself does not put himself in danger. To a certain extent, without condoning the behaviour of the thrower, Drogba brought the coin throwing incident on himself. So then to throw the coin back into a group of people, with a high chance of it hitting someone who was not the thrower, is indefensible.

Guest oa_exile
Having said that......I always thought Wright had spat at a woman? Chinese whispers I expect....

Is that the one that kicked off going up the steps to the tunnel at the end of the game after we had kickerd their arses 3:1 ?

3:1 Happy Days :grin:

If I remember correctly he did and was fined about £2K for it , I also think that Merson was fined also (and maybe Seaman)

Is that the one that kicked off going up the steps to the tunnel at the end of the game after we had kickerd their arses 3:1 ?

3:1 Happy Days :grin:

If I remember correctly he did and was fined about £2K for it , I also think that Merson was fined also (and maybe Seaman)

Yer grey matter is playing tricks with you exile. It was a 1-1 draw about 2 seasons after and I believe it was his debut too. Wright equalised about 5 or 10 minutes before the end.

There was no after-match brawl in the 3-1 cup win against them.

Yer grey matter is playing tricks with you exile. It was a 1-1 draw about 2 seasons after and I believe it was his debut too. Wright equalised about 5 or 10 minutes before the end.

Unless my grey matter is playing tricks with me I seem to remember Wright kicking Earl all over the park and should have been sent off before he scored the equaliser, after which he (and Merson, I think) gave the Vs to the Chaddy End.

I suspect this may have been the cause of the abuse, not the colour of his skin as he has claimed many times over the years.

Edited by oafc_ok

Unless my grey matter is playing tricks with me I seem to remember Wright kicking Earl all over the park and should have been sent off before he scored the equaliser, after which he (and Merson, I think) gave the Vs to the Chaddy End.

I suspect this may have been the cause of the abuse, not the colour of his skin as he has claimed many times over the years.

Looking at a previous (edited!!) post, it was the colour of his spit!! :grin:

Guest oa_exile

Ah yes :blush: the 3:1 was the League Cup win

Anyway I was there for both of them, so leave alone :tongue1:

It's funny how he misses out all them bits in his little rants. He's an ignoramous and a coward.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Indeed.

A total plank.

2nd ed!! A midland banker of the highest order. A legend surely is someone who, as well as achieving all you can in the game, whilst conducting yourself correctly throughout your career - that baffoon definately does not qualify under that bit.

Edited by futchers briefs

2nd ed!! A midland banker of the highest order. A legend surely is someone who, as well as achieving all you can in the game, whilst conducting yourself correctly throughout your career - that baffoon definately does not qualify under that bit.

He also doesn't qualify to be described as "midland".