PC advice

Guernica

Want a PC that will play the new FM at a decent speed. I know nothing about desktops and memories etc. Am looking to pay as little as possible. Seen one in PC world for about £250 inc monitor etc, but not too sure it will cope and don;t want to be sat there waiting ages for it to play.

Any ideas? Could do with spreading payments.

The minimum PC System Requirements for FM 2009

Windows Vista or XP Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Compare with what youve seen and you'll be ok. But PLEASE... dont buy a PC/Laptop from PC World

Right.

Got a Phillips NT 2600 with 3.2 Intel, 2Gig for £199 from a place called Morgan's on the ramp nr Piccadilly station. Just need a monitor now. Where's a good place to get one? Looking for flat screen about 17 inch..

Try Tesco's or ASDA, I'm sure they do separates.

Sounds like it might not even have one. Get yourself a sapphire Guernica. Beef that beast up.

You'll have to forgive me cos I know feck all about computers - this is what it says on the box.

Memory 2GB DDRII (400MHz)

Hard Drive 300GB (7200rpm, SATA II)

DVD+Rewriter 16 x Double Layer

Graphics Card Radeon x700 256MB (PCI-E)

Wireless LAN 802.11b/g (Turbo Mode)

TV Tuner and Remote (feck knows what that's for)

Microsoft Windwos, Media Center Edition, Works 8.0

Motherboard PCI x 3 PCI-E16x1

LAN 10/100Mbps

Don't knonw what all that means but it plays the game really quickly so I'm happy. They've also offered me a 17 inch flatcreen for £70.

You'll have to forgive me cos I know feck all about computers - this is what it says on the box.

Memory 2GB DDRII (400MHz)

Hard Drive 300GB (7200rpm, SATA II)

DVD+Rewriter 16 x Double Layer

Graphics Card Radeon x700 256MB (PCI-E)

Wireless LAN 802.11b/g (Turbo Mode)

TV Tuner and Remote (feck knows what that's for)

Microsoft Windwos, Media Center Edition, Works 8.0

Motherboard PCI x 3 PCI-E16x1

LAN 10/100Mbps

Don't knonw what all that means but it plays the game really quickly so I'm happy. They've also offered me a 17 inch flatcreen for £70.

Standard 30 quid retail card. I don't think it's the Club or Sapphire version. Well if it does the trick, happy gaming...