Sheridan - Should he stay or should he go.

Guest sheridans_world

Sheridan - Leave or go?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the faith or lost the faith?

• Sheridan to STAY
    • Sheridan to GO
    • To stay, if he pulls his finger out!
  2. 2. Time frame if you said stay - how long should he get?

• Sheridan will get until Christmas
    • See what he does in the January transfer window
    • Until the end of the season
    • Definatley here until next season

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

currently 4th in the league and 4 points from the top, yes lets sack the manager! obviously its not good enough!

what good would sacking shez achieve this season? i doubt a new manager would get us promoted with players unknown to him and he would just sell half the squad and bring in his own players in the summer

Whilst I am in the Shez in camp, and have never once been in the Shez out brigade, I would ask the question when this poll was started and when those Shez Out votes were made.

If they were made 4 or 5 games ago when it looked like we could drop like a stone and we were 7th looking over our shoulders - then whilst I don't agree its understandable.

If they have been made recently then :o

Whilst I am in the Shez in camp, and have never once been in the Shez out brigade, I would ask the question when this poll was started and when those Shez Out votes were made.

If they were made 4 or 5 games ago when it looked like we could drop like a stone and we were 7th looking over our shoulders - then whilst I don't agree its understandable.

If they have been made recently then :o

The poll was started the day after the Cheltenham home defeat in the F.A. Cup. This may (or may not) explain the number of Shez out votes.

The poll was started the day after the Cheltenham home defeat in the F.A. Cup. This may (or may not) explain the number of Shez out votes.

... and looking back only 2 or 3 games later, doesn't that just show up the fickle nature of football fans? :unsure:

The poll was justified at the time.

In fact it is probably justified at any time.

Most of the votes were made soon after the Cheltenham game.

Even early on, there was an overwhelming 90% saying Shez to stay. Impressive vote of confiedence from the fans in their manager.

To be honest, the 3 wins since have been bitty affairs with little in the way of quality. But a team playing below par and getting results is a sign of strength.

I'm still not convinced by Sheridan. But equally I'm not convinced he should be replaced.

The 90%+ in favour figure says it all. Well done fans.

Many are though. And the 'success now' obsession has spread to boardrooms too.

Fickle is calling for shezs head one day, then saying they wanting him the next, then saying they want him the day afterwards....

I tend to find most fans sit in one camp or the other for much longer periods... I wouldn't call the majority fickle...

Fickle is calling for shezs head one day, then saying they wanting him the next, then saying they want him the day afterwards....

I tend to find most fans sit in one camp or the other for much longer periods... I wouldn't call the majority fickle...

Yes they stay in the Shez out camp until we win, and then suddenly love the guy, only to pitch up in the Shez out camp when we lose. The vast majority of fans are fickle ... its a fact thats the same with every club!

Yes they stay in the Shez out camp until we win, and then suddenly love the guy, only to pitch up in the Shez out camp when we lose. The vast majority of fans are fickle ... its a fact thats the same with every club!

I havent seen many examples of this... What I do see examples of is people being labelled as anti shez for making any negative comment around him yet when we do polls the vast majority of people are in support of him....

I think some people expect to see good football because we are near the top of the league hence why they are not always happy with Shez, but it just doesnt work like that. The standard of football in this division is bad and there is a very fine line between being near the top and the bottom. Its having those players like Hughes,Jones, Taylor etc that can add the occaisional bit of quality out of the usual dross which makes the difference between being in the promotion pack or a mid table season. I think some people expect free flowing football due to the league position, but its not going to be that way.

I think some people expect to see good football because we are near the top of the league hence why they are not always happy with Shez, but it just doesnt work like that. The standard of football in this division is bad and there is a very fine line between being near the top and the bottom. Its having those players like Hughes,Jones, Taylor etc that can add the occaisional bit of quality out of the usual dross which makes the difference between being in the promotion pack or a mid table season. I think some people expect free flowing football due to the league position, but its not going to be that way.

I expected to see a little more free flowing football because err of the free flowing football I saw earlier in the season.

Silly of me!

The quality of football in this division has improved from both a tactical and entertainment point of view this season. And that includes the stuff Latics have delivered.

I expected to see a little more free flowing football because err of the free flowing football I saw earlier in the season.

Silly of me!

The quality of football in this division has improved from both a tactical and entertainment point of view this season. And that includes the stuff Latics have delivered.

Id say games are often more free flowing early on in the season as the teams have had less time to suss each other out. I am sure there has been teams we have beaten early on who may well have expected to get points off us and would now play more defensive against us the 2nd time around now they realise we are dangerous on the attack.

Im sure Shez would love free flowing football all the time, but we are going to come up against teams who are going to stifle that and we dont neccessarily have the creativity in the side to unlock teams when they do. Teams do not turn up just to let us pass the ball around them so our fans can marvel at the free flowing football on show.