Sheridan - Should he stay or should he go.

Guest sheridans_world

Sheridan - Leave or go?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the faith or lost the faith?

• Sheridan to STAY
    • Sheridan to GO
    • To stay, if he pulls his finger out!
  2. 2. Time frame if you said stay - how long should he get?

• Sheridan will get until Christmas
    • See what he does in the January transfer window
    • Until the end of the season
    • Definatley here until next season

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of teams nowadays in this league don't spend too much money and even if he were given wads of cash I don't think it would be spent wisely.

Dowie is disliked by a fair percentage of our fans and probably wouldn't be welcomed back, but one thing a Dowie team always gave was 100% commitment and effort which is the least you should expect!!.

i can see shez going to sheff weds and us getting dowie back and i think the fans would warm to him if we got results. also TTA would leave him alone to get on with it, which he hasnt had the luxury of with the clubs he has managed since us.

i can see shez going to sheff weds and us getting dowie back and i think the fans would warm to him if we got results. also TTA would leave him alone to get on with it, which he hasnt had the luxury of with the clubs he has managed since us.

I think Dowie's salary expectations are well beyond Latics these days.

If we sack shez before end of season, we wont get promoted.

If we don’t get promoted it means lower crowds and even less of an already lower budget for next season.

Because of our low crowds, low budget, low transfer funds and high demands of your boothroyds, dowies or any decent manager contracted to another club it means that option will be out the window.

Any 'cheap option manager' that would come in would have a small budget and probably not be able to keep many of the 11 or 12 (i think) out of contract players for next season, and not have much money to replace them.

And all that means most of the people on here calling for shez's head, will be on here moaning again next season cos were not top of the league, playing attractive football and have a chance of getting promoted.

whoever is in charge next season will be doing it on a smaller budget if we are still in this division

The minute he signed his contract, or there abouts. Never wanted to be here, had no, zero, zilch, nada interest in this club at all, you don't build a solid foundation with a waster like that, simple as. Ronald is the only manager in 32 years I have ever called for to be sacked, and if by some miracle I live another 32 years I hope he will still be the only one.

Chopping and changing managers doesn't work, it really is that simple. Build a solid base, get consistency on the playing side by having a dedicated coaching staff who all want to move the club forward and we might get some where. The current scenario reminds me of the clamour of many experts to demand the removal of Ritchie, which was just as farcical and pointless.

As for saying comparisons with JR are way off the mark, no there not.

Anyway Coco if you're inferring I was a gobsheite regards Ronnie, well maybe so but we all default from the norm sometimes, trouble is with some people "gobsheite" IS the default setting,

Absolutely spot on!! :chubb:

Yes, Simon Corney would be happy to hand his club over to a man who stole from it just after he's poured millions into keeping it alive.

Are you having a turkish? Dowie has held every club for ransom, including us when here, with his outrageous wage demands and transfer funds requests, how can a manager have so many clubs in such a short period of time, falling out with nearly every chairman on the way, if he is respected and liked.

Welcome him back........boll... :censored:

Edited by futchers briefs

WHAT!!,The same Dowie who moaned(quite rightly) at clubs picking our players off, for cock all when it all went tits up to then .................try to get Pogs and Murry for 100k when he went to Palace.First class wa***r

£50,000 against a Mercedes wasn't it? Do you honestly believe TTA would even consider it.

As for the poll Si, you disappoint me. I have voted but the constant debate over Shez's future is bad enough, but constant polls over it take the piss.

Edited by footy68

Guest oa_exile
Nah, fantastic coach and and provided our best season in years. As for the way he left, yeah it was wrong but the powers that be at the club are hardly little darlings when it comes to keeping promises as Paul Warne will tell you.

Agree with the first bit BUT the second bit is WHY he wont be coming back (as others have posted above).

I also dont think Dowie could do the same job on a shoe string budget as well.

1 down at Southend and Davies has scored for Stockport!

Wonder if that will affect the poll?

Equaliser - goal from a corner - Shez in!

Hughsey! 2-1! Shez for Pope!

Well done Hughsey in getting sent off and getting a midweek rest!!

Great win. Stats look good on BBC. Look forward to reading views of those who went.

Edited by opinions4u

Oh how i`m looking forward to tonight if we win! Off out for a beer or two, and i wont have to put up with ridiculous and stupid anti-Shez comments ...
you might still get your ear chewed off with how Crossley's crap and past it, though. ^_^