hypocrites

j@cko

correct me if i'm wrong, and i'm sure you will....this post by JW watsisname calling Simon an idiot.

The mods on here came out in force, reminding him of the rules...people have been banned for less etc.

fair point, not nice slagging people off, BUT last week one poster called the entire Chaddy enders MONGS, i made a point publicly stating i found it offensive, not one response from any mod was made...but soon as one of yer own get it in the neck, the pack mentality of 90% of the mods was in force. So, a question to all mods, mebbe i shudda set up a poll, which is the more offensive word to call someone, Mong or Idiot? i know my choice!!

Can you really not tell the difference between individual abuse which didn't result in a banning and a generalisation of a bunch of people (which is obviously wrong as they're all in the RRE this year) which didn't result in a banning?

A generalisation of a bunch of people?? oh thats all right then!! the word itself Mong,(Offensive expression alluding to someone with Down Syndrome) is f**kin offensive, whatever context its used. Simon I admire you for responding, BUT you as a mod has seemingly ok'd the word to be used...top job mate, are you going for classiest fans board of 2009

it is better to be thought an idiot, than open ones mouth and remove all doubt (general quote, not aimed at anyone)

A generalisation of a bunch of people?? oh thats all right then!! the word itself Mong,(Offensive expression alluding to someone with Down Syndrome) is f**kin offensive, whatever context its used. Simon I admire you for responding, BUT you as a mod has seemingly ok'd the word to be used...top job mate, are you going for classiest fans board of 2009

it is better to be thought an idiot, than open ones mouth and remove all doubt (general quote, not aimed at anyone)

You mean Sheridans_World me thinks, who hasn't responded. And you have now just caused HUGE offence to Oldham Sheridan :lol:

I am confused though Si was Sheridans World?

Not OldhamSheridan?

Not everybody is this bored at work.

if the post does not interest you then move on! this is a serious thread, that deserves a serious response, there are 100s of other threads for you to ave your witty little quips,

if the post does not interest you then move on! this is a serious thread, that deserves a serious response, there are 100s of other threads for you to ave your witty little quips,

He's just stating a fact that there are no mods online. How can they respond if they aren't? :unsure:

Great! a philosophical debate about freedom of speech. This thread has clearly demonstrated that personal abuse is incompatible with the agenda of promoting rational discourse and therefore stifles debate. Administrators can (and quite probably should) ban trolls from the debating forum as they are inhibitors of true free speech. So speech can and must have limits. Lets have more discussion on where those limits are, and what prevents those limits from sliding down the slope to censorship.

BTW I totally agree with the other thread that the RRE has its fair share of MORONS. Christ, there are far too few carers in there.

correct me if i'm wrong, and i'm sure you will....this post by JW watsisname calling Simon an idiot.

The mods on here came out in force, reminding him of the rules...people have been banned for less etc.

fair point, not nice slagging people off, BUT last week one poster called the entire Chaddy enders MONGS, i made a point publicly stating i found it offensive, not one response from any mod was made...but soon as one of yer own get it in the neck, the pack mentality of 90% of the mods was in force. So, a question to all mods, mebbe i shudda set up a poll, which is the more offensive word to call someone, Mong or Idiot? i know my choice!!

I may have misread this, but I just assmed that JWwhatsisnamesuperfan had just used his grasp of the english language to utterly muddle up his subject header, which actually was not directed at S_W at all.... especially seeing that S_W is one of Sheridans biggest supporters...

Unless S_W, as may has happened, has reminded JWwhatsisnamesuperfan that threatening behaviour is not acceptable on this board via PM - which is exactly what you are asking for him to do...

Who knows... but you would never catch me calling S_W names (except in any posts I may have written over the last couple of days - sorry Si :blush: )

Guest oa_exile
I may have misread this, but I just assmed that JWwhatsisnamesuperfan had just used his grasp of the english language to utterly muddle up his subject header, which actually was not directed at S_W at all.... especially seeing that S_W is one of Sheridans biggest supporters...

Unless S_W, as may has happened, has reminded JWwhatsisnamesuperfan that threatening behaviour is not acceptable on this board via PM - which is exactly what you are asking for him to do...

Who knows... but you would never catch me calling S_W names (except in any posts I may have written over the last couple of days - sorry Si :blush: )

The way I read it JWwhatsisnamesuperfan was calling Sheridans_World an "Idiot" for starting the the Shez in Shez Out Poll.

The thread was called "idiot sheridans world" (, shez out???)

The way I read it JWwhatsisnamesuperfan was calling Sheridans_World an "Idiot" for starting the the Shez in Shez Out Poll.

The thread was called "idiot sheridans world" (, shez out???)

That’s how I read it. To be fair to jwblokey, he didn’t exactly threaten to burn Si’s house down and rape his cat, if he’d been lurking for a while before he posted I can see how he might have been a bit taken aback to be threatened with banning for using the word, “idiot.”

Guest oa_exile
That’s how I read it. To be fair to jwblokey, he didn’t exactly threaten to burn Si’s house down and rape his cat, if he’d been lurking for a while before he posted I can see how he might have been a bit taken aback to be threatened with banning for using the word, “idiot.”

Been a Member for a while , just had not posted before :wink:

Oh I see! I get you now.... you would think JWwhatshisnamesuperfan would have the common decency to fully explain his erratic rant before commiting it to the internet...

... raping cats eh... terrible, hear you get sent to Walsall for that....

Oh I see! I get you now.... you would think JWwhatshisnamesuperfan would have the common decency to fully explain his erratic rant before commiting it to the internet...

... raping cats eh... terrible, hear you get sent to Walsall for that....

Nice to see that Walsall is now offering good competition to Coventry as a place to be sent to.

Mong or Idiot? i know my choice!!

When I first read the post calling all Chaddy Enders "mongs", I took it with a pinch of salt. Now, as j@cko is persisting with his complaint, I've taken the trouble to find out the meaning of mong. There are various meanings, none of which the average Chaddy Ender would wish to be associated with. So j@cko has got a point and I would rather be called 'idiot' than 'mong'.

Definitions (WARNING: Contains crude language):

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mong

With 'mong' being commonly associated with spastics, perhaps the Mods should ban its use in future.