Tax man

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the government offered tax breaks on Oldham tickets, perhaps we could get more through the gates.

On another note, they have countered the VAT reduction on booze and petrol by increasing the fuel duty. SHEZ OUT!!!

When those pirates have turned their tanker full of oil into petrol and are selling it cut-price, we'll be quids in. :grin: SHEZ IN!

If your a former VAT officer you can appreciate how I am not too happy at the news then. The company I own is on flat rate VAT which means I am set to lose out this afternoon :( Less profit for the time being :( Hope he does something to counter this....

Thinking about it I would expect that they would likely change the amount of VAT you have to pay back under the scheme else there will be little point in Customs operating it. I’d keep my eyes peeled if I were you.

When those pirates have turned their tanker full of oil into petrol and are selling it cut-price, we'll be quids in. :grin: SHEZ IN!

We should offer those Pirates shares in Lehmen Brothers Inc to pay off their ransom demands. SHEZ SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT!!!

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Thinking about it I would expect that they would likely change the amount of VAT you have to pay back under the scheme else there will be little point in Customs operating it. I’d keep my eyes peeled if I were you.

Yup... Rates have changed... Phew.... :)

Good budget overall...... Rise in NI and massive borrowing to cover the cost of the measures though...

Agreed - Although, it reminds me of a particular South Park episode, which parodies politics in general, where the election for school sports team mascot is between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. :grin:

Which is GB and which is DC though :)

Im voting GB as the douche and DC as the turd sandwich...