Tax man

Those archives are good! I don't even remember giving this interview: http://www.oldhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/s/4...blished_18_june

One of my best memories was at the Trust formation get-together in the RRE, when various speakers addressed the 'crowd' from a table on the pitch. Part way through, on walked a solitary figure, who later apologised for having not had time to change from his LUFC tracksuit, as he had come straight from work. That man was Andy Ritchie, and for him to lend his passionate support to the proposed Trust, in those desperate times, confirmed him to be the Latics legend we still sing about to this day.

P.S. After last Saturday's rendition, please learn the second verse:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Andy Ritchie's magic he wears a magic hat

He played for Oldham Athletic

He's such a lovely chap

He scored goals with his left foot

He scored goals with his right

And when we played Man City

He scored all :censored: night!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

Incidentally, this 2.5% drop in VAT should affect the ticket prices at Boundary Park, it works out at a 50p drop on £20 tickets, wonder if the club will adjust their prices accordingly.

Incidentally, this 2.5% drop in VAT should affect the ticket prices at Boundary Park, it works out at a 50p drop on £20 tickets, wonder if the club will adjust their prices accordingly.

And, as a ST holder , I won't mind if pay on the day is reduced. I will not be writing whinging letters to Alan Hardy. :D

And, as a ST holder , I won't mind if pay on the day is reduced. I will not be writing whinging letters to Alan Hardy. :D

clubs reply is simple, assuming we paid the most expensive ticket at £328, you have only paid just over £14 a game, so your still getting a four quid discount (or 6 over those paying on the day)

Edited by Lookers_Carl

:lol: Not a chance I would think :) Unless fans put pressure on them :)

That's the biggest question for the country isnt it... Will companies adjust prices or pocket the money :)

Either way... It should boost the economy.... Shame we are going to have to borrow massively to cover the loss though....

Edited by oafc0000

Guest sheridans_world

I am a season ticket holder. However, the VAT amount in the cost of the tickets should still be reduced, unless the club are increasing prices. I imagine the lower VAT rate will be in for at least twelve months meaning the cost of season tickets in the summer should be around £9 lower too!

Guest sheridans_world
:lol: Not a chance I would think :) Unless fans put pressure on them :)

That's the biggest question for the country isnt it... Will companies adjust prices or pocket the money :)

Either way... It should boost the economy.... Shame we are going to have to borrow massively to cover the loss though....

Well, another cost that should be reduced is petrol by a further two-pence at least.

Funny thing is, it sounds so inconsequential when you talk about 50p off match-day tickets and two-pence a litre off petrol and all the other pennies on vattable food products (is it a biscuit or a cake :wink: ) but it all adds up to cash in pocket which people will spend on other products. The potential saving on a £125.00 shopping bill (probably around the average cost of a weekly shop for a family of four) is £3.12. Four weeks in a month and you've saved £12.48. Add in the savings on petrol and other services and you could be saving at least the price of a match-day ticket if not more.

Extra £20 in my pocket every month? Yes please.

Guest sheridans_world
Some will write those letters, but surely the VAT element of the season ticket income for this season will have already been paid to the VAT man.

Correct, the VAT rate is set at the time of purchase. Even if the 'goods' will be provided over a longer period of time.

You cannot claim back VAT on something already purchased.

So if you plan to buy a new cooker/fridge/freezer/car, I'd wait for the VAT rate to drop and keep the 2.5% saving.

Well, another cost that should be reduced is petrol by a further two-pence at least.

Funny thing is, it sounds so inconsequential when you talk about 50p off match-day tickets and two-pence a litre off petrol and all the other pennies on vattable food products (is it a biscuit or a cake :wink: ) but it all adds up to cash in pocket which people will spend on other products. The potential saving on a £125.00 shopping bill (probably around the average cost of a weekly shop for a family of four) is £3.12. Four weeks in a month and you've saved £12.48. Add in the savings on petrol and other services and you could be saving at least the price of a match-day ticket if not more.

Extra £20 in my pocket every month? Yes please.

IF prices actually go down :)

Edited by oafc0000

Some will write those letters, but surely the VAT element of the season ticket income for this season will have already been paid to the VAT man.

Bottom line is they aint got a leg to stand on. What else are these people going to do, are they going to look for everything else they bought within the past three months and write letters to the retailers they have bought them from demanding the difference back if the product is now going for less?

But your right, some unbelievably sad naive people with no understanding of economics and with nothing better to do will write letters to the club.

I for one hope the club will save money on toilet paper as a result and use the letters accordingly.

I can confirm as former VAT officer (damn I've said it) that is the case.

If your a former VAT officer you can appreciate how I am not too happy at the news then. The company I own is on flat rate VAT which means I am set to lose out this afternoon :( Less profit for the time being :( Hope he does something to counter this....

Edited by oafc0000

If your a former VAT officer you can appreciate how I am not too happy at the news then. The company I own is on flat rate VAT which means I am set to lose out this afternoon :( Less profit for the time being :( Hope he does something to counter this....

Yep I completley understand. I'm not quite sure how Mr Darling is going to sell this to Small Businesses as many will incur costs. Especially as its only likely to be for a year.

So how many people are expecting tickets for the Brighton game to cost £19.57 (or £17.61 if bought in advance)?

Not me. I realise your comment is tongue in cheek but why should any price which is always advertised inclusive of VAT change? It's still £20 including VAT.

Will thankfully mean a few extra pounds in the clubs account, or TTA's account as the case may be! Bad season to miss out on extra cup revenue - wonder how much VAT was payed on last years cup revenue.