eards/lomax

anybody reckon lomax is in the team because eards might have his head turned at other clubs looking at him.. or that lomax actually took his chance when eards was away, i reckon its abit of both myself

also just seen hughes goal... GET IN what a finish... also

was taylor geting abuse from there fans because when he scored, finger went over his mouth as if to say haha shut up!!

TAYLOR!! TAYLOR!!

anybody reckon lomax is in the team because eards might have his head turned at other clubs looking at him.. or that lomax actually took his chance when eards was away, i reckon its abit of both myself

also just seen hughes goal... GET IN what a finish... also

was taylor geting abuse from there fans because when he scored, finger went over his mouth as if to say haha shut up!!

TAYLOR!! TAYLOR!!

I really dont know why Eardley isn't playing.

Miles better than Lomax. He was a weak link on Saturday. Seems scared of the ball just hoofs it at any opportunity even when his team mates are shouting "time!!."

I really dont know why Eardley isn't playing.

Miles better than Lomax. He was a weak link on Saturday. Seems scared of the ball just hoofs it at any opportunity even when his team mates are shouting "time!!."

I said the same to Rocky at half time...I didn't want to be over critical of Lomax really, but his distribution and mrking was a bit gash in the first half...though 2nd half, like te rest really, he dug in/stuck in and had a decent finish to the game..As for Taylor, he was getting stick pretty early doors by the young paddock wallers, after one of his "not so clever" dives in their penalty box.

There defender cleanly took the ball, and left him sprawled on the deck, completing his "platoon" move.

I fail to see why people rate Eardley so highly. I wouldn't be sad to see him leave if we got offered a decent amount for him.

That comment justifies why people can't fathom the lomax ahead of eardley nonsense .... lomax wouldn't command a fee - Eardley shud be one of the first names on the teamsheet - we just don't play the same standard of footy wiv kelvin at RB - distribution is poor and eardley links well wiv Lids ... best quality footy this season IMO was 2nd half against Scunny and 2nd half vs. Tranmere - both times Eardley was key.

That comment justifies why people can't fathom the lomax ahead of eardley nonsense .... lomax wouldn't command a fee - Eardley shud be one of the first names on the teamsheet - we just don't play the same standard of footy wiv kelvin at RB - distribution is poor and eardley links well wiv Lids ... best quality footy this season IMO was 2nd half against Scunny and 2nd half vs. Tranmere - both times Eardley was key.

Yeah, and then he had a nightmare the game after.

Just because Eardley would command a fee doesn't mean people have to agree with it. I don't think he is playin as well as he has in the past. Part of the reason people clubs are interested in him is because he keeps getting called up by Wales even though he isnt our nailed down first choice right back.

I think a player will be sold in Jan and i hope its him and not Taylor

Yeah, and then he had a nightmare the game after.

Just because Eardley would command a fee doesn't mean people have to agree with it. I don't think he is playin as well as he has in the past. Part of the reason people clubs are interested in him is because he keeps getting called up by Wales even though he isnt our nailed down first choice right back.

I think a player will be sold in Jan and i hope its him and not Taylor

Between those two obv. we want to keep Chrissy T ... but Eards just aint gettin any credit wen doing things well but gets huge barrages of abuse wen he plays at all off colour - and then confidence is bound to slip away !!

Do u seriously believe we are a better side, either defensively or passing/distributionally/going forward with Lomax at RB ???

Between those two obv. we want to keep Chrissy T ... but Eards just aint gettin any credit wen doing things well but gets huge barrages of abuse wen he plays at all off colour - and then confidence is bound to slip away !!

Do u seriously believe we are a better side, either defensively or passing/distributionally/going forward with Lomax at RB ???

No, and i never once said that. However, i do believe he isn't untouchable. I also think it was a big mistake making him captain and he hasn't played as consistantly well since.

We are better defensively with Lomax, both are poor (woefull at times) at distribution and Eardley is better going forward IMO

But on Balance I'd rather have Lomax in the team, just my opinion like.........

I think the same criticism can be levelled occasionally at every member of the squad. Overall I don't think either of them deserve to be singled out.

Very true, I guess that's what you get with League 1 players......... it's one of the reasons they are not all in The Premier League I suppose

But in this case I was just saying that about Eardley in the context of the Eardley V Lomax debate.

I fail to see why people rate Eardley so highly. I wouldn't be sad to see him leave if we got offered a decent amount for him.

Great point.

The problem with Eards is that he can be "better than this division" like Taylor at times, but then goes on a 3/4 game streak of being :censored: !!!

We've got Kelvin there now, and we've conceded 1 goal, (and got 6 points) in the last 2 games...

Looks like a winning combo for me!

Great point.

The problem with Eards is that he can be "better than this division" like Taylor at times, but then goes on a 3/4 game streak of being :censored: !!!

We've got Kelvin there now, and we've conceded 1 goal, (and got 6 points) in the last 2 games...

Looks like a winning combo for me!

We did quite well with Kelvin at LB and Eardley at RB too as I recall. IMO Jones has been an experiment worth trying, but he's not a good enough defender to make up for what he adds going forward.

......at going forward

.....at tackling

......at shooting

.....at crossing

......in the air

.......at positonal sense

don't get me wrong, i like Kelvin & he's a very steady L1 squad player, but he really isn't in the same league as Eard's, who gets a load of undeserved stick from people who don't see how good of a player he is. Good enogh for full international games but not for an away game in L1, hmmm???

Eardley should be our first choice RB no questions asked, one of the first names on the sheet behind Taylor. Lomax will do a reasonable job in filling in should Neal be sold, but is not a better player & not a RB that a promotion chasing side should be selecting; Eardley is though!

Guest oa_exile
......at going forward

.....at tackling

......at shooting

.....at crossing

......in the air

.......at positonal sense

.....isn't in the same league as Eard's, who gets a load of undeserved stick from people who don't see how good of a player he is.

......one of the first names on the sheet behind Taylor.

So why does Eardley get load's of stick then ? and why he is not one of the first names on the team sheet ? .....

.....after all he is a Full International, as is Davies

and why he is not one of the first names on the team sheet ? .....

.....after all he is a Full International, as is Davies

Eardley is one of the first names on the team sheet. He's been selected virtually every game he's been available for in the last 2 1/2 seasons and was made captain for a long spell. He has been rested a couple of times when his form has dipped, as has every player currently in the squad bar Hughes and Crossley I think.

So why does Eardley get load's of stick then ?

It keeps a portion of the crowd occupied when there's not much to see on the pitch. Same as it ever was.

Guest oa_exile
Eardley is one of the first names on the team sheet.

He's been selected virtually every game he's been available for in the last 2 1/2 seasons

Back up your Stats then :)