• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the saturday games .. from last season (all Tuesday nights):

Luton - 4251

Carlisle - 4701

Swindon - 3923

Hartlepool - 3765

I know i missed Leeds off but there was no point using that game as they brought 4600 on there own! Carlisle would have been doing well and would have brought afew hundred max, So as you can see, we havent lost any fans at all really for night games.

Take me for example - We had 3/4 of our lads missing last night because of work/commitments. It soon adds up to 1000

Well TBH if they would describe last night att as soul destroying I really dont know what they expect.

Agreed 4000 is not great but this is the same 3800-4200 we get every single cold Tuesday night between November and Febuary when Champions League is on the telly.....

I dont like to see only 4k at BP but this seems to come as a suprise to people each time it happens and the same comments appear on the message boards. I think TTA need to get used to it when we are playing this calibre of opposition on a freezing Tuesday night!!!!! Now if we got this same att in the Championship against the likes of Wolves, Wednesday, Brum etc etc then that could be described as soul destroying!

Just take a look at crowds of the teams of similar stature last night and it is clear we all have the same problems

Tranmere vs Scunny 4000 home fans turned up

Northampton Vs Leeds 4300 home fans turned up

Stockport vs Brighton 4900 home fans turned up

Cheltenham vs Southend 2700 home fans

Hartlepool only had 3000 home fans turn up

also:

Millwalls crowd was down by around 2000 on their usual Saturday crowds

Leicester were down by around 3000 fans

The fact that you only get 100 Warsaw fans doesnt help the situation. Its only a hour or so away FFS

Why would new fans want to come anyway ... all they get is abuse. "Glory-supporters" or "where were you last week" etc, people cant moan that they dont come and then moan that they do ... it just dosent work.

Oh no i meant at the games not on here.

There's no hope if:

new fans or occasional attendees at BP are called to their faces "Glory-supporters" or asked "where were you last week?" (either by strangers or friends perhaps in jest :unsure: ); and

they are so hurt by it that they use is as an excuse for not going again.

I've always found that I get more cutting comments than that made towards me for being a regular attender, by people who consider that I should have more sense!

We all know about Bradford, but why do Stockport, a club that existed until recently on crowds averaging little more than around two thirds of ours (and that was only during their 'glory days' and their aftermath-before that they used to get about 2,000), now averaging more than we are?

I would say it's because they are a team on the ascendancy. Since Gannon was there, they've just been rising.

I'd hate to say it, but if we dropped a division below, and fought our way back out of it, our crowds would increase like theirs. But knowing us, we'd drop down and end up like Grimsby are now.

I very much doubt any "floaters" attended either game ... they only come out for the Leeds/Hudds and maybe Leicester games.

On your theory, after the Everton game we should have had a full house the next home game but we didnt, attendances wont consistently rise until were in the championship and doing well(ish).

Sheeeeeit! If only I'd have thought about putting something in my post about crowds not improving until the product on the pitch improved consistently, to qualify the point I was making.................................er..................hang on a minute........................

Sheeeeeit! If only I'd have thought about putting something in my post about crowds not improving until the product on the pitch improved consistently, to qualify the point I was making.................................er..................hang on a minute........................

I just pointed out that no floaters would have gone to the two game you mentioned. If performances consistently improve attendances will also yes, but not until were in the champ will they significantly improve ... as i said.

I just pointed out that no floaters would have gone to the two game you mentioned. If performances consistently improve attendances will also yes, but not until were in the champ will they significantly improve ... as i said.

No, the point that you made was that by my 'theory' we should have had a full house the game after the Everton game. Which is clearly bollocks.

No, the point that you made was that by my 'theory' we should have had a full house the game after the Everton game. Which is clearly bollocks.

Is it?

Ok, you said the "floaters" will have turned up, saw the performances against Yeovil and Chelt and thought sod it im not going to Walsall, true?

So, all i meant was, by that statement, surely the floaters will have saw the everton game/result and used the same mind process and gone to BP come saturday .. hardly bollocks really is it.

I very much doubt any "floaters" attended either game ... they only come out for the Leeds/Hudds and maybe Leicester games.

On your theory, after the Everton game we should have had a full house the next home game but we didnt, attendances wont consistently rise until were in the championship and doing well(ish).

At Scunthorpe we had 5147 home fans, Yeovil we had 5133 and Walsall we had 3808.

Who are these 1000+ fans who went to these games but not yesterday?

Though I do agree that we need to get into the Championship I also thing that we can get more people through the gates in the meantime if they get a little creative. The best businesses evolve and change and create there own luck.

If that's all you aspire to, who am I to argue?

Sorry I missed were i said thats what I asspire too?

Four Four Two magazine had an article with Simon Corney this month and he was quoted as saying we have the 5th smallest budget in League one..... Based on those comments we are in and around the likes of Hartlepool and Cheltenham like it or not.... Attendences are not far of these clubs either..... We are a lot closer to these clubs in financial terms than we are to the likes of Leeds, Leicester, MK Dons, Posh

At Scunthorpe we had 5147 home fans, Yeovil we had 5133 and Walsall we had 3808.

Who are these 1000+ fans who went to these games but not yesterday?

Though I do agree that we need to get into the Championship I also thing that we can get more people through the gates in the meantime if they get a little creative. The best businesses evolve and change and create there own luck.

Around 600 free lads and dads tickets were dished out to primary school kids for reading in the Summer holidays!

Sorry I missed were i said thats what I asspire too?

Four Four Two magazine had an article with Simon Corney this month and he was quoted as saying we have the 5th smallest budget in League one..... Based on those comments we are in and around the likes of Hartlepool and Cheltenham like it or not.... Attendences are not far of these clubs either..... We are a lot closer to these clubs in financial terms than we are to the likes of Leeds, Leicester, MK Dons, Posh

Okay. Like I said, if that's where you want to be, good luck to you.

Okay. Like I said, if that's where you want to be, good luck to you.

Realities and aspirations are different things. Niki is merely acknowledging the realities of the situation and in my book, why TTA shouldn't find any surprise in the resulting attendence of last nights game.

Yes they are backing the club in terms of finance and their on field aspirations are 9/10, but their marketing and promotion in times when that little bit can count for a lot, I give them a must try harder - 5/10.

If it's goals that people want, BP is the place with Latics scoring 22 and conceding 9 in nine League games. That game last night was more entertaining than the 4-0 stroll against Hereford.

See Diego, you've got the hang of the marketing malarkey. Now why don't the club put that on their website or in an advert in a newspaper.

Realities and aspirations are different things. Niki is merely acknowledging the realities of the situation and in my book, why TTA shouldn't find any surprise in the resulting attendence of last nights game.

Yes they are backing the club in terms of finance and their on field aspirations are 9/10, but their marketing and promotion in times when that little bit can count for a lot, I give them a must try harder - 5/10.

Have attendances ever significantly improved at any club, over a long-term period, due in the main to better marketing, as opposed to a team bettering a club's league status or achieving cup success? (Genuine question.)