Simon Corney

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about time the Clubs stood up to the League and got these stupid fixtures stopped,we shouldnt have any nightmatches after the Clocks go back and then none until the Clocks go forward.

On saying that at least we were lucky tonight having two teams who wanted to play Football and a Referee who wanted the game to flow.

4 Minutes extra time??????

Its about time the Clubs stood up to the League and got these stupid fixtures stopped,we shouldnt have any nightmatches after the Clocks go back and then none until the Clocks go forward.

On saying that at least we were lucky tonight having two teams who wanted to play Football and a Referee who wanted the game to flow.

4 Minutes extra time??????

I don't think night matches should be discarded, but, they should schedule them so that the two teams are close in relative distance if possible.

We really should have been playing Tranmere or Leeds tonight. It would make much more sense.

A Little thing called Winter that sometimes can start early (Like this year) and finish quite late (Like a lot of years).

Where do you think your Fairweather fan got their name from?

Like said above it`s nothing to do with the time were play, more who were playing. It`s that blooming cold on a Tuesday night in August :grin:

A Little thing called Winter that sometimes can start early (Like this year) and finish quite late (Like a lot of years).

Where do you think your Fairweather fan got their name from?

If it's raining at midday on a Saturday some won't bother. Nowt to do with night matches I'm afraid. Just an excuse often used.

I don't think night matches should be discarded, but, they should schedule them so that the two teams are close in relative distance if possible.

We really should have been playing Tranmere or Leeds tonight. It would make much more sense.

To be fair, Walsall to Oldham ain't that bad. The trip to Bristol Rovers that I did last month tho was a bit of a pain. Worthwhile tho...even tho we lost. Roll on Cheltenham in March...might book a hotel for that one though.

On a freezing cold november night, crap home performance two home games before, full CL schedule.

What did they expect in all honesty?

3900 is very poor, though, when you consider that crowds rarely dipped that low even with Ritchie's struggling sides.

Times are changing, however, and it's just our luck to be able to put out a side capable of challenging at the very moment that the economy plunges into crisis. Plus, as has been discussed many times before, we've been down here so long that a hell of a lot of former regulars have given up the ghost. I honestly know about 20 of them personally, and there's very little you can do to persuade them back for anything but the odd game, if at all. Many are disillusioned not only with the club but with the way that the big clubs have pulled up the drawbridge. Then there's the competition-a mate who's a former season ticket holder of many years standing complains of being unable to afford it now that his still junior school age lads have reached the stage where they're getting properly interested in football. Last week he took them both to COMS, albeit as a one-off, because they both wanted to see Robinho.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

So would I. Pity we're not young lads.

True, on many levels :wink: Your gloomy financial assessment is true I feel in that a collapse in "other " money for Premiership clubs will make their entrance fees far more important to their budgets again, wheras they have been pretty marginal in recent years. I predict that many Premiership clubs will be playing to 3/4 empty grounds in coming years as they come to the point we did a few years ago of realising that you make more charging more at a rate that will never fill the ground. This will squeeze the cost of going to a club like Latics even further relative to the big boys. Fact is, we need to convince kids to support us because we are us - or that they are us.

Tonight's attendance must be soul destroying for TTA.

True - they might argue that Latics don't play again for 10 days (I think) so tonight's match was many people's last chance for a "Tics fix" * for a while...

But I agree that the economic situation is shocking just when we're making a good stab at the P word...

* I like that I might copyright it... :grin:

True - they might argue that Latics don't play again for 10 days (I think) so tonight's match was many people's last chance for a "Tics fix" * for a while...

But I agree that the economic situation is shocking ....

I thought people might have turned up tonight to spend some of the money they've saved by not going to Morecambe on Saturday.

Two things here IMO:

1) With work comiitments and the length of time it takes to travel anywhere now either on the roads and motorways or public transport menas many can't get to night matches.

2) This two at home and two away malarky is bobbins, people who only attend home games will pick and choose and attend the most attractive out of the two.

Dissapointing when you look at the Attendance at Stockport V Brighton tonight.

£20 is a joke in this financial climate.

Looking at attendances across the Leagues 1 & 2 last night that was probably one of the most impressive in terms of holding up against normal Saturday crowds.

Most down anything between 1000 - 3000 on what they'd normally get.

p.s. Though nice to see a larger than normal crowd for Northampton beating Leeds!